HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:07 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
You may have noticed in the video that it shows a forward tip. This varies and is often a port starboard tip. There is nothing consistant with a swash that only errors toward port or starboard etc. I've got two 4F200's with me ATM for cross referance, and both display the same random issue. I'll test out your theory Rafa tonight after work.

Mick
LIke you said it is normal for this heli. Mine does the same thing. If you give it a little more throttle on liftoff it will lift straighter. Its only when you feather the throttle too little on takeoff. I think its cus it is FBL and 3 axis gyro. I am bored with mine already so selling it if anyone is interested->

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1308212
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
Do you have rubber dampeners on your landing gear? This is necessary when taking off from hard surfaces. Or you could try using a foam mat.
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:34 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerorotor View Post
Do you have rubber dampeners on your landing gear? This is necessary when taking off from hard surfaces. Or you could try using a foam mat.
Hey the foam mat sounds like a good idea. I think i'll make up a new helipad surface. Thx

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:42 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Making room for other projects. Got 2 helis for the price of 1 going on. If you're interested they are here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1312627
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Ok, I need a hand here.

I bought the 4F200 BNF version as I already have a 2801Pro, my problem is that the stock settings have the ele and ail reversed, so I reversed the servos required until they were correct and planned to use the swashmix to change the pitch from + to - but I can only do that if I switch the swash to 3 servo. In 3 servo mode though I'm having difficulties because the ele and ail are not responding correctly. Does anyone know the correct settings for the 4F200 bound to a 2801 pro in 2801 mode?
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:57 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
Ok, I need a hand here.

I bought the 4F200 BNF version as I already have a 2801Pro, my problem is that the stock settings have the ele and ail reversed, so I reversed the servos required until they were correct and planned to use the swashmix to change the pitch from + to - but I can only do that if I switch the swash to 3 servo. In 3 servo mode though I'm having difficulties because the ele and ail are not responding correctly. Does anyone know the correct settings for the 4F200 bound to a 2801 pro in 2801 mode?
Try this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=232

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:10 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Updated parts!

Hi Guys,

I had a nasty spill the other day that took out one of the main servos again. I can't really blame the servo, as I was surprised that more stuff didn't break. The new servo set I got from Wow includes the longer servo arms. I like how Walkera will update things mid-run.

Also, I would advise checking parts out before taking them out of the bag they come in. I received an unfinished tail rotor head the other day, and also a tail shaft that was manufactured incorrectly. Wow has told me to send the parts back for replacement. Like I told Jonathan, for as many CB100 parts as I've ordered, I don't think I ever got a bad one. Just a head up,

Rafa
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:19 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Hey Rafaa, I open up cb100 main rotor blades and didn't notice they were the same color until latter Thats some of QC problems everybody talks about
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Decided to drop the price of my 2 X 4F200 BNF package. Down to $250 for both if anyone is interested.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:29 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Decided to drop the price of my 2 X 4F200 BNF package. Down to $250 for both if anyone is interested.
Wish I had $250 and some room for a few more helis. With my 2 year old running around, out-of-reach horizontal space is precious.

In other news, I just received a pack of washers today from www.mcmaster.com. P/N 91116A110. I got them as spacers to run the wood or plastic blades that others have been using. I haven't flown the heli yet with the wooden blades, but I bolted them up tonight and I think it's going to work just peachy.

I'll let everyone know (Anybody left in this hanger? Seems kind of quiet around here lately.),

Rafa
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:36 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Charger/battery questions?

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask a few battery questions. I'm still using the stock charger, and I've got one of those little voltmeters from wow. I've noticed that on both my batteries, the second cell always seems to be a bit lower voltage at the end of charging. The first cell will usually be 4.21V right after charging, the second might be 4.19V. Normal?

Also, one of my batteries seems to charge in about 2 hours or less, my other battery can take 3.5 to 4 hours sometimes. The battery never gets warm during charging, but the charger does get a bit warm during the middle of charging. Both batteries are right about the same age, use, etc (actually, the longer charging battery is the newer of the two). I'll fly a pack for 5 minutes of flight these days, and it's usually got 3.8V at the end of the flights. My suspicion is that the second battery, the one that takes longer to charge sometimes, is having a hard time kicking that second cell up over the cutoff voltage. Is there anything I should/can do about that?

Rafa
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:20 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask a few battery questions. I'm still using the stock charger, and I've got one of those little voltmeters from wow. I've noticed that on both my batteries, the second cell always seems to be a bit lower voltage at the end of charging. The first cell will usually be 4.21V right after charging, the second might be 4.19V. Normal?

Also, one of my batteries seems to charge in about 2 hours or less, my other battery can take 3.5 to 4 hours sometimes. The battery never gets warm during charging, but the charger does get a bit warm during the middle of charging. Both batteries are right about the same age, use, etc (actually, the longer charging battery is the newer of the two). I'll fly a pack for 5 minutes of flight these days, and it's usually got 3.8V at the end of the flights. My suspicion is that the second battery, the one that takes longer to charge sometimes, is having a hard time kicking that second cell up over the cutoff voltage. Is there anything I should/can do about that?

Rafa
That's normal with stock slow charger.You have to buy a fast lipo charger shorten charging time.Usually with stock lipo, average flight time is about 5' so make sure to time it on TX or you'll destroy lipo!Anyway, stock lipo is not ideal , just find some Hyperion to replace it.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Oct 02, 2010, 11:41 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I just received a pack of washers today from www.mcmaster.com. P/N 91116A110. I got them as spacers to run the wood or plastic blades that others have been using. I haven't flown the heli yet with the wooden blades, but I bolted them up tonight and I think it's going to work just peachy.

I'll let everyone know
Hi Guys,

I'm happy to report that with the washers listed above, my heli flies great with those wooden blades. I've got 6 packs on it since the wood blades, and I'm surprised how different it feels. It seems more stable, and the thing this noob notices is that it's easier to take off and touchdown smoothly. Seems like with the stock blades, while landing, it either wanted to hover several inches off the ground, or get sucked to the ground--not much room in the middle of all that. With the wood blades, it's easier for me to land gently and smoothly--for whatever reason.

I've ordered a few sets of the plastic blades to see what they feel like. Here are some links to the spacers, wood blades, and plastic blades. These links were copied from the parts post I did a while back: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=214

Here's some washers that will allow one to use the wood or plastic blades listed below:
P/N 91116A110 at McMaster.com (mcmaster's website doesn't let me post the link like I'm used to)

Here's the wooden blades dkfuji referred to:
http://www.helidirect.com/wooden-mai...200-p-9385.hdx

Here's the plastic blades Alwayscrash uses:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_1943wt_982

Happy flying,

Rafa
Old Oct 03, 2010, 09:33 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Anybody tried this with their 4F200 yet?
Close to ten meters per second wind speed flight Trex 450 Pro-class remote control helicopter.MOV (6 min 1 sec)

This is a 2612 rx on a 450. Would a 4F200 handle this well? Mine seems to bob a bit in the 5-8 mph wind I've been flying in lately. I guess the 450 does too, maybe he's doing a good job of controlling it. 9 meters per second is 20 mph! Seems like nose into the wind is the trick.

How would balance delay and other rx settings affect wind handling ability?

Rafa
Old Oct 04, 2010, 12:41 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Here's where I am now. I learned a valuable lesson today, without spending any $ even. Don't spool down immediately, b/c if it's tipped a little bit, it's going to keep tipping. I say this because this flight had a few 'near-tips' at the end, but was able to straighten it up since I still had a bit of head speed.

Rafa

10.4.10 Rafa's Walkera 4F200. Surprise at the end!!! (2 min 15 sec)