HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:21 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I found this on ehirobo for almost 100 dollars cheaper bnf. I also noticed you have no parts/batteries. When will you carry the batteries? I don't want to solder if I don't have to.
We will have Upgrade Batteries from OUTRAGE-NRG and Hyperion for the 4F200.
you will have to solder a deans Connector or the Stock type but this is very easy. And soldering is part of the Hobby it is best to learn this simple skill.
Cheers, JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2010, 03:28 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Well Guys, rc711.com are selling the walkera 4F200 at $359.90 + shipping, For that money i would buy another walkera LM3
rolex0071 is offline Find More Posts by rolex0071
Old Jul 22, 2010, 03:34 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex0071 View Post
Well Guys, rc711.com are selling the walkera 4F200 at $359.90 + shipping, For that money i would buy another walkera LM3
LOL Rolex, who let you out of the LM3 thread Hey the 4F200 goes out BNF for much the same price as BNF LM3, unless your collecting 2801 tx's. I ordered one because I like puzzle projects like the LM3. The 4F200 looks quite unique as well
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:05 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, then you'd have 4 blades instead of only 3! Are you sure you are supposed to be here? Real helis are two feet long and have a shi%load of blades!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:11 AM
Crazy Lawyer
Bardonecchia Italy
Joined Dec 2009
175 Posts
Does it fly like a T-Rex 250?
How it fly?
billy54 is offline Find More Posts by billy54
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy54 View Post
Does it fly like a T-Rex 250?
How it fly?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...era+4f200&aq=f

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:52 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ View Post
We will have Upgrade Batteries from OUTRAGE-NRG and Hyperion for the 4F200.
you will have to solder a deans Connector or the Stock type but this is very easy. And soldering is part of the Hobby it is best to learn this simple skill.
Cheers, JohnW
It was just a question....I know how to solder lol. If I want the stock connections, that is why I asked.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jul 24, 2010, 03:52 PM
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Quote:
Rolex, the BNF is going for $269 and $349 with the WK2801pro. This is priced to ship from California, USA where you can send it back if you get a DOA. If you are in the USA but you are not, LOL, it still can be a sweet deal.

Cheers,
Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:25 PM
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Just picked up one of these from www.ehirobo.com at an excellant BNF price
I believe for guys like you who know how to fix up a heli can buy cheaper helis overseas. Just want to give another perspective for most people who do not have the repair skill and the heli arrives unflyable. I am quite curious if an oversea vendor would pay the $50 to ship the repaired heli back on top of the $50 a customer would spend sending it back. That is a total of about $100 for 2 way shipping. No pun intended and not trying to attack any oversea dealers but how would they take care of the situation other than just sending parts back and forth guessing which part is defective? I do think you made a very good purchase given your situation but I want to bring light to those who are not so good in repair or do not want to wait a week for the heli or replacement parts. I have never purchased a heli from overseas since we sell them, so I am very curious, LOL.

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:13 PM
Australia
Joined Aug 2009
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
I have never purchased a heli from overseas since we sell them, so I am very curious, LOL.

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Aren't all Walkera's purchased from overseas? (unless you live in china)

But seriously, if I lived in the USA, I would certainly purchase from a local vendor. You guys have some good options over there.

Here in Australia however, it is a different story. The few vendors that stock RC helicopters here, have a very limited range. We just don't have the numbers here to make it worth their while (it seems). So, our only real option is to buy from an overseas vendor that has full parts support. In my limited experience with overseas vendors, I have found that customer support has been quite good. Then again, I am fairly savvy when it comes to troubleshooting problems with these things. - If I don't say so myself. Then again, I may have just been lucky thus far. (I sent back a 4 in 1 that was DOA, got the replacement shipped back express, and I was back in the air)
I can understand that it might be a little overwhelming for someone that is not too good with these things, but forums like this one can certainly help with that.

I like your no pressure approach, Jonathan. You let people know that you provide a product/service, and then let them decide what best suits their situation. Good on ya! We could certainly use vendors like yourself down here.
Fly-a-kite is offline Find More Posts by Fly-a-kite
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:55 AM
Joined Jan 2009
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-a-kite View Post
Aren't all Walkera's purchased from overseas? (unless you live in china)

But seriously, if I lived in the USA, I would certainly purchase from a local vendor. You guys have some good options over there.

Here in Australia however, it is a different story. The few vendors that stock RC helicopters here, have a very limited range. We just don't have the numbers here to make it worth their while (it seems). So, our only real option is to buy from an overseas vendor that has full parts support. In my limited experience with overseas vendors, I have found that customer support has been quite good. Then again, I am fairly savvy when it comes to troubleshooting problems with these things. - If I don't say so myself. Then again, I may have just been lucky thus far. (I sent back a 4 in 1 that was DOA, got the replacement shipped back express, and I was back in the air)
I can understand that it might be a little overwhelming for someone that is not too good with these things, but forums like this one can certainly help with that.

I like your no pressure approach, Jonathan. You let people know that you provide a product/service, and then let them decide what best suits their situation. Good on ya! We could certainly use vendors like yourself down here.
I got you. So you have to be good enough to identify which part or component is defective. Sending the complete helicopter across the ocean is just not a feasible option. I don't think any oversea supply would spend $50 to send your defective copter back. Now that I look back, I have never gotten a heli back from Europe for repair, no wonder. If I do, I guess I am out $50 having to send it back. So oversea suppliers always make customers pay 2 way shipping if there is a defect copter that customer can not identify the problem? Just curious, because if that is true, I should disclose that in our policy section so oversea buyers will be aware of the situation.

Thanks for your help, now I am relating better to overseas customers' needs.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Old Jul 26, 2010, 05:49 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,554 Posts
Most just require one-way shipping, but are more likely, if an obvious fault to just sent a new part for a small fee. However with most Hong Kong vendors they wont help unless a failure has been identified, it doesn't fly right is not sufficient you must do the troubleshooting yourself, or you have to pay shipping of the whole heli which can be very expensive.

But for Australia there is little option, local stuff is extremely expensive if it exists at all (often to the point where it is cheaper to order 2 from overseas) and shipping from non-asian stores is also prohibitive for all but small parts. I priced delivery from Wow for a 4F200 at $78 for USPS (which takes anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks to get here) 4day shipping from Hong Kong is about $40 with the slower 1-2week version at $25-30
desertstalker is online now Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:11 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
I got you. So you have to be good enough to identify which part or component is defective. Sending the complete helicopter across the ocean is just not a feasible option. I don't think any oversea supply would spend $50 to send your defective copter back. Now that I look back, I have never gotten a heli back from Europe for repair, no wonder. If I do, I guess I am out $50 having to send it back. So oversea suppliers always make customers pay 2 way shipping if there is a defect copter that customer can not identify the problem? Just curious, because if that is true, I should disclose that in our policy section so oversea buyers will be aware of the situation.

Thanks for your help, now I am relating better to overseas customers' needs.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Usually with any waranty problem the buyer almost always pays one way. A couple of years ago I purchased an X52pro HOTAS for my sims within Australia. It had a defective button and I had to raise a return order then post the item back for repair. Early this year I purchased a DVD/GPS combo from a Chinese dealer, and the clip broke that retained the GPS SD chip. I followed the same process as the OZ dealer raising a waranty order and mailing the item back to China. The product was assessed, processed, repaired, and returned, no probs. The RC helicopters I buy are mostly under $200US, so there would have to be a very serious issue for me to bother mailing anything back. Generally if a part is broken in the box I just cop it sweet and order the required part. When it comes to RC aircraft I'm guessing dealers are always tormented by clients who deam their purchase defective because it falls out of the sky all the time. In my view RC aircraft are are "study hobby" like "DCS Blackshark" is a study sim. So learning how to repair aircraft is a required part of the hobby. I realise US vendors put a great amount of time into this forum, but at the end of the day if postage costs from the US to OZ are not clearly defined, and at a competive rate its hard not to choose the HK dealer who offers cheap postage, and excellant pricing right from the word go.

eg: when I purchased my LM3 with 2801p TX pricing ranged from $329US to $500US plus postage

eg: with my 4F200, I initially had it in the basket from a US vendor, but when the vendor noted that postage cost would be emailed after purchase. I backed out and purchased from a HK dealer 30% cheaper in the end.

Postage costs from US to OZ vary greatly for some reason I dont understand. The world is not that big these days.

regards

Mick

ps- Like FlyaKite says if we lived in the US we would be in a better position to support local vendors.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:18 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,151 Posts
Something's "rotten in the state of Denmark". I currently have 2 foam planes coming. Both are about the same size of box. One was much cheaper from Hong Kong while the other was slightly cheaper from a hobby shop in Georgia, USA. I'm in Canada.
My prices are compared with well known, large sellers in California. Shipping from California by USPS was $117.00 (international). This is almost what the plane cost. Shipping from Hong Kong was $50.00. Shipping from Georgia was $20.00 (international). Both supply me with tracking numbers.
Now one has to scratch one's head and wonder why the California shop charges $117.00 for the same shipping that can be done for $20.00. Somebody is doing a "snow job".
HeliProz has this similar outrageous international shipping. When I phoned them and challenged them on it, their only defense was that's the way USPS has set up their rate system. A few hours later, they contacted me back to say that there was a "glitch" in the USPS rate system and shipping would be much, much less now. Sorry, that excuse doesn't work with me. You tried to hose me once. What other areas will you hose me later?
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:36 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,947 Posts
I am in Canada too. I find it usually more expensive to ship from the States than from Asia, especially small items. I am scared by the infamous UPS brokerage fee across the border too. Surprisingly USPS from the States isn't faster than airmail from HongKong.

I'll keep looking for good deals worldwide, not excluding the States.

Return shipping from Canada is always expensive regardles, unless it is small enough to fit inside a letter without going to parcel post. I definitely stay away from Walkera alpha trials to avoid repairs/returns.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09