HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:02 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompma View Post
AC said the align DS410's will fit in there then I woud get them. I will be using them when I get mine. I have them in my Trex 250 (replaced with Hitec HS-5065MG ). These are rock solid and better quality than the Walkera. You will see the difference with a quality servo when you set up the the swash. Stays where you set it and very little CCPM interaction top and bottom of throw. Night and day Rafa. You spent this much you might as well spend a little more. Is the wife getting sick of you spending money on this?
Marc
If I hadn't already ordered a set of the stock servos, I'd do it. I'll do it next time. They are pricey, but they also look rebuildable.

The wife is a bit in the dark on all this. I tell her about the few heli purchases I've made before they come, but all the parts boxes are small and usually look same. They also come straight to the mailbox, which I check. So long as I dispose of the box quickly, all good. Also, I pay the bills, so no one is the wiser!! Hopefully she doesn't start reading my posts!

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:50 PM
Joined Jun 2010
78 Posts
money spent

Rafa
I am not married but my girlfriend was really starting to complain. I had to buy her a ring and now everything is good. A package comes in the mail and I get no grief. Money well spent.
Lompma is offline Find More Posts by Lompma
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:02 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Rafa
I am not married but my girlfriend was really starting to complain. I had to buy her a ring and now everything is good. A package comes in the mail and I get no grief. Money well spent.
Maybe this is another one of those times where flying helis is a lot like life. All things must be kept in good balance to perform well.

Rafa
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:17 PM
I am the 53%
San Antonio TX
Joined Mar 2008
184 Posts
Quote:
Rafa
Blah, i tell the wife it's either RC stuff of I can go to the strip bar and support single mothers...
so far the only place to get my singles is the hobby shop
Bullitt3309 is offline Find More Posts by Bullitt3309
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
I spent 2 more packs yesterday with my 4F200. I added more expo and tamed it down more to my likening. I do like it better than when I first got it but I am still not in love yet.

It does fly very stable I love the tri blades on head and tail. I have already managed to srip a few teeth off main gear without ever crashing?????? I must have landed and scraped a tail blade ever so lightelty. I was hoping the few missing teeth were the casue of a very slight tail twitch that only happens on hovers....but no luck.

Anyone else with this heli have any pointers with the tail?
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:55 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbnj View Post
I spent 2 more packs yesterday with my 4F200. I added more expo and tamed it down more to my likening. I do like it better than when I first got it but I am still not in love yet.

It does fly very stable I love the tri blades on head and tail. I have already managed to srip a few teeth off main gear without ever crashing?????? I must have landed and scraped a tail blade ever so lightelty. I was hoping the few missing teeth were the casue of a very slight tail twitch that only happens on hovers....but no luck.

Anyone else with this heli have any pointers with the tail?
I am afraid that is a characteristic of the tail gyro on the Rx. All 3 of my 4F200's have a very slight tail twitch in hover that goes away in FF. I have tried different tail servos and belt tensions and it is still there. Not enough to keep me from fun flights, but is still there nonetheless. If it is moving more than a few degrees, you might want to check the belt for wear. My belt snapped after just 15 flights. I believe Walkera may want to check the QC with their belt vendor since this is not an isolated instance.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:06 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3309 View Post
Blah, i tell the wife it's either RC stuff of I can go to the strip bar and support single mothers...
ROFL Bullitt, if you dont mind I might have to use that quote of yours on my wife some time
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:33 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I am afraid that is a characteristic of the tail gyro on the Rx. All 3 of my 4F200's have a very slight tail twitch in hover that goes away in FF. I have tried different tail servos and belt tensions and it is still there. Not enough to keep me from fun flights, but is still there nonetheless. If it is moving more than a few degrees, you might want to check the belt for wear. My belt snapped after just 15 flights. I believe Walkera may want to check the QC with their belt vendor since this is not an isolated instance.
As much as I hate to hear this, I am glad in a way to know that mine is not defective. It is a fun heli with a ton of power.

Good to know about the tail belt, I will make sure to keep on eye on it.

Another QC problem would be the swash..... My heli came with one ball on swash stripped so I ordered a new swash and it came with 2 STRIPPED balls!

Even with red lock tight, the screw is not 100% tight to my standards. Maybe I will CA them on.

Anyone esle have issues with the swash?
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:37 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
dk
Are you still going to produce the twin blade head for this heli? I'm ordering the heli soon and would definatly try your head.

While I'm at it, could you guys give me some pointers with what spares to get in.
Thanks
rew-7 is offline Find More Posts by rew-7
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:31 PM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
As much as I hate to hear this, I am glad in a way to know that mine is not defective. It is a fun heli with a ton of power.

Good to know about the tail belt, I will make sure to keep on eye on it.

Another QC problem would be the swash..... My heli came with one ball on swash stripped so I ordered a new swash and it came with 2 STRIPPED balls!

Even with red lock tight, the screw is not 100% tight to my standards. Maybe I will CA them on.

The one I got also had the Swashplate ball stripped. The new swash I got was fine.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:59 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:

Yes me too, ive just ordered my third swashplate. The ball link that im getting failures on is the upper section of the swash. Original swash had one ball stripped, ordered another and one ball failed after two flights. Third on order. I dont think the threaded end is long enough to take stress of the longer ball links. The swashes are $25US each, im going to have to ground her if the next one fails.

Can anybody quote another 3 blade heli that uses 120* swash and 4mm main shaft. Is there a known alternative?

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Aug 31, 2010, 06:41 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Can anybody quote another 3 blade heli that uses 120* swash and 4mm main shaft. Is there a known alternative?Mick
Maybe this one (ESky Honey Bee CT) ?
Buy it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Esky-Swashplate-...item43a1425bd0
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Aug 31, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:52 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Can anybody quote another 3 blade heli that uses 120* swash and 4mm main shaft. Is there a known alternative?
Mick
The HBCT is now available from several Chinese vendors (http://www.helipal.com/esky-honey-be...sbsc62r9h7vs24). Shipping might be cheaper for you, it's about $50 for me. It does not have a 3 axis gyro and based on everything I can see, it will fly very much like a HBCP V3. The brushed motors are kind of a turn-off. But the HBCP V3 main and tail motors last longer than any other brushed motors I've seen. I've never had the balls strip from any ESky swashplate.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:30 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildem336 View Post
The one I got also had the Swashplate ball stripped. The new swash I got was fine.

Manuel
I think I might just put some ca on the back sides of the balls. I can't imagine why I would ever want to take the balls out.

Rafa
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:55 AM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I think I might just put some ca on the back sides of the balls. I can't imagine why I would ever want to take the balls out.

Rafa
I don't think CA will glue aluminum that good. Why not just use JB Weld that should definitly keep them in there for good. Just make sure to clean the threads on the balls very good so they don't have any loctite on them and also inside the swash that way you have a clean surface for the JB Weld.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336