HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:46 AM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbnj View Post
Just a feeler......

I bought a 4F200 2801pro combo. My first heli came DOA and this is the replacement.

I flew it 4 times so far and I am not in love. I have (3)trex 450's, 1 trex 450 pro, 4G6s and a CB100. I just don;t think this heli is for me.

I may sell the heli as a BNF or trade for another heli.

Anyone want to make an offer?

Mind to elaborate why you don't like it please?
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,672 Posts
Quote:
Just a feeler......

I bought a 4F200 2801pro combo. My first heli came DOA and this is the replacement.

I flew it 4 times so far and I am not in love. I have (3)trex 450's, 1 trex 450 pro, 4G6s and a CB100. I just don;t think this heli is for me.

I may sell the heli as a BNF or trade for another heli.

Anyone want to make an offer?
Where do you live? Probably too much to ship it to Canada. Has it been crashed?
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:15 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
The reason I am thinking of selling is....

1)It is a ver fast flying heli. Yes I can tame it with dual rates but it still reacts very quiclky.

2)I am a scale type flyer rather than 3D and I think this heli is more for 3D.

3)I only bought it cause of the 3 bladed head novelty and I am over it already

It has NEVER been crashed, tipped over, landed hard or ANYTHING.

It is in PERFECT condition.

The BNF verison is $269.95 plus shipping. I would be looking for around $225 plus shipping or a possible trex 250 (for a scale bird).
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:19 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,672 Posts
Quote:
The BNF verison is $269.95 plus shipping. I would be looking for around $225 plus shipping or a possible trex 250 (for a scale bird).
You still haven't said where it is shipped from so determining "plus shipping" to any given place will be tough.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
The reason I am thinking of selling is....

1)It is a ver fast flying heli. Yes I can tame it with dual rates but it still reacts very quiclky.

2)I am a scale type flyer rather than 3D and I think this heli is more for 3D.

3)I only bought it cause of the 3 bladed head novelty and I am over it already

It has NEVER been crashed, tipped over, landed hard or ANYTHING.

It is in PERFECT condition.

Quick question... keeping in mind the only scale i've flown is a sim... my impression was on scale's, the tail tends to follow the direction of movement - where 3D'ers the tail can slip around (you have to "fly" the tail) and I assumed this was due to the fuselage not the mechanics... so just what is the difference in fligh characteristics of a scale to a 3D'er?... (ask because I am interested in scale and had this heli in mind)
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:39 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
I am NJ, 07628.

Scale flying for me at least is.....relaxed flying, circles, figure 8's, basicaly making it look like a real heli would fly.

Yes........I have seen the Red Bull Heli doing flips but that is not the norm for real heli flying.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:40 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Wouldn't the 'quickness' just be based on setup anyway, regardless of the heli? I ask as a relative newb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
(ask because I am interested in scale and had this heli in mind)

I couldn't begin to answer your question, due to inexperience, but I can say that I'm treating mine as a scale flyer for a while. I'm really glad I got to fly TechHead around on my CB100 before going to this, as it was a great step in between the stock CB100 and this.

As for my rudder issue, I've got a rudder servo on order. I figure I better change something in the equation, and it was the cheapest and most likely, maybe. I'll know next week. Happy Friday,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
[QUOTE=Rafa's CB100;15839530]Wouldn't the 'quickness' just be based on setup anyway, regardless of the heli? I ask as a relative newb.

Yes, I can use EXPO to slow down this heli but I think it's just the nature of the 3 bladed head that it is very quick on the inputs.

I will not give it away so I am also fine keeping it in my fleet, just thought maybe I would be better off with a trex 250.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 01:38 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,710 Posts
Don't like 3D? Just switch to heavy plastic blades (205mm Trex250 plastic blades are fine) will make heli very lazy and stable. 4F200 is less agressive & more stable than Trex250. Blades well balanced is a must for it to stay in spot on hover.
IMO
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:11 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Don't like 3D? Just switch to heavy plastic blades (205mm Trex250 plastic blades are fine) will make heli very lazy and stable. 4F200 is less agressive & more stable than Trex250. Blades well balanced is a must for it to stay in spot on hover.
IMO

I had a trex 250 (first generation) and I thought it flew much better that the 4F200.

Heavier blades.........I guess if I do not sell it, I will give that a try, thanks for the tip AlwaysCrash!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joined Jun 2010
78 Posts
[QUOTE=gmbnj;15839822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Wouldn't the 'quickness' just be based on setup anyway, regardless of the heli? I ask as a relative newb.

Yes, I can use EXPO to slow down this heli but I think it's just the nature of the 3 bladed head that it is very quick on the inputs.

I will not give it away so I am also fine keeping it in my fleet, just thought maybe I would be better off with a trex 250.
I have a 250 and it is very, very touchy. I dont know how the 4F200 heli could be more responsive than a 250. I have my 250 tamed way down and it is smooth as glass. If Rafa can fly it as a newb to CP, than I dont know what to think. I know Rafa would not be able to fly my 250. Not yet anyway.
Lompma is offline Find More Posts by Lompma
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Not sure why all the debate over why I feel it is too twitchy for me.

I did have a trex 250 and I liked the way it flew better than the 4F200. There is NO question the 3 bladed head flies different than my conventional 450's.

Either way, I am not thrilled with the heli and that is that. If you are interested in the heli let me know if not then I thank everyone for your support as this forum is the BEST!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:23 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,672 Posts
Quote:
Not sure why all the debate over why I feel it is too twitchy for me.

I did have a trex 250 and I liked the way it flew better than the 4F200. There is NO question the 3 bladed head flies different than my conventional 450's.

Either way, I am not thrilled with the heli and that is that. If you are interested in the heli let me know if not then I thank everyone for your support as this forum is the BEST!
One person's "twitchy" is another's "responsiveness. Don't pay it no mind. Some people simply need to rationalize that they bought the right thing or about to buy the right thing. Nobody wants to hear that the heli they chose doesn't make everyone happy, because this makes them question their own buying choice.
If you don't like this heli, that's just fine. If you do like it, great.
Like you, I'm a scale flyer. My favourite helis are scale and the pod and boom ones I do own, I fly them like scale. Flying upside down and sideways admittedly takes a great deal of skill, but in my eyes, it is an un-natural and unrealistic thing for a real life helicopter to do. When I open a vid about an RC helicopter, the first spastic maneuver and I click it off. It looks like the thing is having an epileptic seizure or something. Not for me.
I was really interested in this heli at first, but after reading the "fine print" and reading "between the lines", it's merely a curiosity now. There are other helis I'd rather spend my money on. I would have considered yours if you lived in Canada and if the price was right but you don't live here and I won't low ball you.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:10 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
[QUOTE=Lompma;15840274]
Quote:

If Rafa can fly it as a newb to CP, than I dont know what to think. I know Rafa would not be able to fly my 250. Not yet anyway.
That sounds like a challenge to me!!

Thanks for the compliment, Happy Friday Guys,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:15 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2,019 Posts
I got 5 bucks. That says Rafa can fly the 250.
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin