SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:22 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,735 Posts
Hey Rafa's, i love .....the coin. Be careful, this can be lost during flight and waste some ice cream for kids....
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:02 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Loss of R rudder control?

Hi Guys,

I've got 9 packs thru the 4F200 so far. I've started upping my pitch curves a bit (that is why my climbout was so weak. I had setup pitches in hold, but hadn't changed the pitch curves in hold to match st1 and st2--Oops.), I've also started backing the d/r and expo down a bit.

Yesterday, after I had been flying for a few minutes, she suddenly went off to the left by herself. I was able to get her down without incident, but I couldn't see a reason why it would have done that. I brought her back over to my little landing mat, flew for another minute or so without incident, then put her away for the day.

This morning, same thing. I could walk her back to the mat, try again, and within 20 or so seconds of flying, I could tell that I was losing right rudder. It would still want to yaw left with full right rudder. Thinking that maybe this was the first sign of a weak battery or something, I tried my other battery. Again, it took a few seconds for symptoms to show up, but it will lose right rudder. Luckily, I've been able to get her down without problems so far, but I obviously need to address this.

I've got no experience with servo controlled tails, so I'm wondering if anyone has advice about how to figure out if this is a mechanical or an electronic problem. I know that dkfuji and wow have talked about weak tail servos. Is this what a tail servo does when it's going bad, or might I have an rx issue? Thanks,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:44 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
4f200 3D

Hay Rafa did you checkout Manuel on utube?
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Hi Guys,

I've got 9 packs thru the 4F200 so far. I've started upping my pitch curves a bit (that is why my climbout was so weak. I had setup pitches in hold, but hadn't changed the pitch curves in hold to match st1 and st2--Oops.), I've also started backing the d/r and expo down a bit.

Yesterday, after I had been flying for a few minutes, she suddenly went off to the left by herself. I was able to get her down without incident, but I couldn't see a reason why it would have done that. I brought her back over to my little landing mat, flew for another minute or so without incident, then put her away for the day.

This morning, same thing. I could walk her back to the mat, try again, and within 20 or so seconds of flying, I could tell that I was losing right rudder. It would still want to yaw left with full right rudder. Thinking that maybe this was the first sign of a weak battery or something, I tried my other battery. Again, it took a few seconds for symptoms to show up, but it will lose right rudder. Luckily, I've been able to get her down without problems so far, but I obviously need to address this.

I've got no experience with servo controlled tails, so I'm wondering if anyone has advice about how to figure out if this is a mechanical or an electronic problem. I know that dkfuji and wow have talked about weak tail servos. Is this what a tail servo does when it's going bad, or might I have an rx issue? Thanks,

Rafa
Hey Rafa, did the tail go left fastly or slowly dragging? If there 's too much pitch angle on main blades tail can pull left due to lack of compensation, most when you punch throtle for climbout. If servo is bad then it will jerk all time and you can hear it buzzing.
AC
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Hay Rafa did you checkout Manuel on utube?
Holy cra*!!!

I was going to post it here, but since Manuel is on rcg, I pm'ed him to ask him to post it to us.

Rafa
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:44 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Hey Rafa, did the tail go left fastly or slowly dragging? If there 's too much pitch angle on main blades tail can pull left due to lack of compensation, most when you punch throtle for climbout. If servo is bad then it will jerk all time and you can hear it buzzing.
AC
Well, it's kinda gentle at first, almost not noticeable. Then, I feel rudder acting a little weird, so I try rudder in both directions and notice that I'm gradually losing R rudder.

I'm just hovering around a few feet off the ground, so not any throttle punching.

I've tried to work the rudder servo after it's made it back on the ground and I make it over to the heli, but that is usually some seconds later and the rudder servo seems to work OK. I haven't heard any buzzing from it, but I'm also hesitant to put any resistance against it, since they say they fail so often. Can a servo fail when it gets hot, then start working again when it cools a bit? Intermittant failure?

I figure that my options are to try to fly it again till it happens, then quickly run over and see if the servo still works, or just replace the tail servo and see how it goes.

Rafa
Old Aug 19, 2010, 03:26 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,735 Posts
Rafa, did you move RX antenna far away from servo? this can cause interference too!
AC
Old Aug 19, 2010, 03:33 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Rafa, did you move RX antenna far away from servo? this can cause interference too!
AC
Forgot to mention that I did make sure that the antenna was going away from servo. Thanks,

Rafa
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2,170 Posts
Would this be easier to fly than the V120D02?
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:12 PM
vista, Ca
Joined Nov 2006
640 Posts
I got to do a video with Wow's Wakera 4F200. It really needs a better lipo the stock one has a hard time with 3d. I could barely do a couple of tic tocs then the Hs would start to slow down because the stock lipo can't keep up. Other than that the heli is pretty good.

Check it out.
Walkera 4F200 3d flight with WowHobbies.com adjustments (3 min 7 sec)

Manuel
buildem336 is offline Find More Posts by buildem336
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:58 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,735 Posts
Very nice video ! Are you using stock lipo for this demo?
AC
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:39 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildem336 View Post
I got to do a video with Wow's Wakera 4F200. It really needs a better lipo the stock one has a hard time with 3d. I could barely do a couple of tic tocs then the Hs would start to slow down because the stock lipo can't keep up. Other than that the heli is pretty good.

Check it out.

Manuel
Manuel Brother! Tell us that aren't worthy how we can learn to fly even 1/4 as good as you? What system worked for you? How much did you spend on sim vs. actual 3D flight practice? You should teach classes I'm sure people would pay! You could hold it online and charge us!
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:32 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have problem with my Walkera 4F200, after a little crash I broke Main Gear. I ordered the new item form chinesejade and exchanged this item, after that when I try to start a heli vibrate very strongly. What may by the reason? I checked almost everything: loose screws, receiver, main blades, please help
mlody_666 is offline Find More Posts by mlody_666
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:33 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildem336 View Post

Manuel
Excellant flying Manual.

Its hard to believe Walkera has produced a $200 heli that can do all that? or is that 4F200 heavily modified?

Thx for posting
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Just a feeler......

I bought a 4F200 2801pro combo. My first heli came DOA and this is the replacement.

I flew it 4 times so far and I am not in love. I have (3)trex 450's, 1 trex 450 pro, 4G6s and a CB100. I just don;t think this heli is for me.

I may sell the heli as a BNF or trade for another heli.

Anyone want to make an offer?
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj