HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:47 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
Are there any know issues cropping up with this one yet - I might pull the trigger on this one (I love multi-blades).
Doesn't seem like there are many of these out there yet, so it might be too early to tell. So far, seems like loose balls at the swash from the factory, hot motors, and differing mechanical setups from the factory. Seems like a pretty short list. Happy Friday,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:17 AM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Doesn't seem like there are many of these out there yet, so it might be too early to tell. So far, seems like loose balls at the swash from the factory, hot motors, and differing mechanical setups from the factory. Seems like a pretty short list. Happy Friday,

Rafa
How is it to tool on? - so for instance how much of a pain the a@# is it to replace the belt - or other common repairs/maintenance.... I like the heli (not sure about the canopy) and like the idea of the 3S as I think I might get a STORM CF 450 one day and run the Walkera electronics (RX2612V) which would be the same battery and TX etc. from what I can tell - I haven't research enough to know if the WK gear is a good choice though.
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:39 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Actually, mine fly perfectly, motor did heats a lot in touch but no copper wires smelt !LOL! reason why they've made Alu motor mount .Also as DK has mentioned, stock motor kv is 6000 so don't expect it to be cool in touch! may be adding some aluminium to it will take off some heats. I've test with Trex250 -250SP Brushless Motor(3400KV) but heli can only hover, not enough HS for this bird unless using 3S lipo.Other motors have big diameter and can't fit .
I notice that stock belt is way to tight , just loosened a bit can prevent tail rotor blades's damage in hard landing (in such situation, belt will slip over pulley).
Alwayscrash is online now Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:40 AM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
How is it to tool on? - so for instance how much of a pain the a@# is it to replace the belt - or other common repairs/maintenance....
I'd say pretty good, actually. To make a 400-class comparison, it's easier to work on than an Align 450, but not as easy Thunder Tiger E325. Hardest on it is probably pulling out the rear cyclic servos.

Quote:
run the Walkera electronics (RX2612V) which would be the same battery and TX etc. from what I can tell - I haven't research enough to know if the WK gear is a good choice though.
Speaking of Walkera electronics, anybody taken to a spectrum analyzer 2810 Pro and 2801-mode receiver to see what the RF profile is? Single/dual signal ala DSM1/2 or more spread spectrum?
MrEnergizer is offline Find More Posts by MrEnergizer
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:38 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Pitcurv -> Linear in all modes (0-25-50-75-100)

AC
Hi AC, thanks. I have a question on your pitch curves. When watching the Finless Bob videos, he suggests similar to dkfuji, in that you don't want full negative pitch as the motor is spooling up, as it might suck stuff up into the rotor as it's trying to push the heli into the ground, and maybe some other reasons I don't remember. He goes on to say that that is how he does it, but some choose a linear curve. What's your reasoning?

Rafa
Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:19 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Max - pitch on low stick & max + pitch on high stick occur only when you use F.mode for 3D, if it's not the case then when moving throtle from o to mid will slowly raise blades angle (mine was 0 pitch at mid) and heli will be "lighter" at 50% T and take off near 60% throtle.When descending, you have to find a good place for it and slowly lower throtle stick, usually at mid heli is already land on ground even there's some +/-blade pitch , ie: 2~3 degree aren't enough to move heli .When you use Idle1 or 2,throtle will be consistant depending on curves settings and pitch will be 0* at mid, +10* at max and -10*at min, so when landing heli will need extra attention or better flip of idle stick before landing. That's why a good landing skid is recommended.
IMO
Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:39 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
some spice up
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:08 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Max - pitch on low stick & max + pitch on high stick occur only when you use F.mode for 3D, if it's not the case then when moving throtle from o to mid will slowly raise blades angle (mine was 0 pitch at mid) and heli will be "lighter" at 50% T and take off near 60% throtle.When descending, you have to find a good place for it and slowly lower throtle stick, usually at mid heli is already land on ground even there's some +/-blade pitch , ie: 2~3 degree aren't enough to move heli .When you use Idle1 or 2,throtle will be consistant depending on curves settings and pitch will be 0* at mid, +10* at max and -10*at min, so when landing heli will need extra attention or better flip of idle stick before landing. That's why a good landing skid is recommended.
IMO
Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
some spice up
Cool. I've noticed the tail heaviness, and will try the esc thing too. So why the disc on the top of the rotor?

Rafa
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:05 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Just for a look 'cause stock head stopper is so ugly,LOL.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:10 AM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
I got my replacement 4F200 last night (first one was DOA). This one arrived undamaged with just one swash ball loose, no biggie.

After applying locktight I went for the maiden. Tons of power in this heli and it was very stable but I have this VERY annoying tail wag. The gain is at 80 and if I lower it, the tail will hunt and still wag slightly.

Yes it's a slight wag, but it is drving me crazy

Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions?
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:04 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbnj View Post
I got my replacement 4F200 last night (first one was DOA). This one arrived undamaged with just one swash ball loose, no biggie.

After applying locktight I went for the maiden. Tons of power in this heli and it was very stable but I have this VERY annoying tail wag. The gain is at 80 and if I lower it, the tail will hunt and still wag slightly.

Yes it's a slight wag, but it is drving me crazy

Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions?

You might have to check belt drive, too tight could cause tail wag.Try to keep stock setting (mid on rx) and rebind after changing.Also make sure main-tail blades are well balanced.The gyros need the heli to be in free air to work properly, keep heli level and facing the wind when you bind it for gyros to get the right initial position, go straight up out of ground effect and trim it out.
hope this help & happy flying man!
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Aug 14, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:14 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,706 Posts
cheap method for break- proof canopy. Buy this fiberglass repair kit for 5 bucks at Candian tire store. A lot better than wrapping canopy with tape.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:36 AM
Joined Dec 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
You might have to check belt drive, too tight could cause tail wag.Try to keep stock setting (mid on rx) and rebind after changing.Also make sure main-tail blades are well balanced.The gyros need the heli to be in free air to work properly, keep heli level and facing the wind when you bind it for gyros to get the right initial position, go straight up out of ground effect and trim it out.
hope this help & happy flying man!
I will try to adjust the belt although it seemed ok. I will aslo check the balance of all the blades to make sure.

Thanks for the advice.
gmbnj is offline Find More Posts by gmbnj
Old Aug 14, 2010, 04:35 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
How is it to tool on?
I hope to answer that question real soon, since my box of spares just arrived from Terence. It took 13 days, but they're here. Hope I didn't forget to order anything mission critical. You can guess what I'll be doing tonight after the kiddo goes to sleep!!!

Rafa