HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:32 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
I diminish Hov.T on TX all way down for changing throtle range when hovering, in this case heli is hovering with low throtle , is quiter and less agressive. Stock setting is midle,going up will make motor start faster and vice-versa.
I was under the impressive that maintaining high head speed during hover made the heli more stable. When you reduce the head speed during a low hover the heli gets all puffy close to the ground like is in a low gravity jumping castle. I could be wrong though?
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:38 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Hi Mick, I am missing that, and I would bet that more than just me would appreciate if you don't mind. It's just nice to have a baseline. I'm curious to see how close mine was to stock. Thanks,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
My package included a separate insert titled "Flight Parameter Adjustment of WK-2801 pro for 4F200". It came in very handy as when my 4F200 arrived I had trouble with the swash mix and found that the PIT and Aile channels seems to be incorrect. After reading the setup leaflet I found this to be normal because these two channels are interchanged depending on whether you are configuring for 2601mode or 2801mode. In 2601mode you setup for 3sero swash and in 2801mode you set for 1 servo swash. Its quite a good setup guide for people like me that are still learning about pitch/throttle curves etc. If this is missing from your package Rafa please let me know and I'll scan and upload it tonight when I get home from work.

Mick
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:38 PM
Plano, Dallas, TX
Joined Oct 2008
150 Posts
Have any of you seen issues with the motor over heating. With a linear throttle curve and a -2 to 10 degrees pitch curve the temperature of the motor is over 176 degrees (80 *c) after less than 2 minutes flight. The radio shuts off and crash. It is over 100 degrees here but none of my other helis seem to suffer too much. Gear mesh is fairly loose and nothing is binding. Too high pitch at too low rpm? It already gets really hot after less than 1 minutes flight or hover.

Thanks,
Hans.
HansV is offline Find More Posts by HansV
Old Aug 08, 2010, 05:30 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
I was under the impressive that maintaining high head speed during hover made the heli more stable. When you reduce the head speed during a low hover the heli gets all puffy close to the ground like is in a low gravity jumping castle. I could be wrong though?
Definition: Hovering Throttle and Hovering Pitch - Fine tuning adjustments for the throttle and collective pitch curves individually affecting performance only around the center point and only in the normal condition.
When you diminish Hov.T there's no HS change ,only throtle is raising slower than blades pitch giving heli smoother take off. Also, all axis only take reaction when there's throtle input .
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Aug 08, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 05:33 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansV View Post
Have any of you seen issues with the motor over heating. With a linear throttle curve and a -2 to 10 degrees pitch curve the temperature of the motor is over 176 degrees (80 *c) after less than 2 minutes flight. The radio shuts off and crash. It is over 100 degrees here but none of my other helis seem to suffer too much. Gear mesh is fairly loose and nothing is binding. Too high pitch at too low rpm? It already gets really hot after less than 1 minutes flight or hover.

Thanks,
Hans.
Have you check blades pitch? must be zero at mid throtle.Raise a bit HOV.P on TX and test it.Motor did get hot but not at the point to shut off Esc's/Rx?!
Old Aug 09, 2010, 12:19 AM
Plano, Dallas, TX
Joined Oct 2008
150 Posts
Quote:
Have you check blades pitch? must be zero at mid throtle.Raise a bit HOV.P on TX and test it.Motor did get hot but not at the point to shut off Esc's/Rx?!
With the pitch curve i am using the pitch is not zero at mid stick. I changed the throttle curve to 80% at mid stick but the motor just hears even more. The blades are not exactly straight but i balanced them and the tracking is Ok. Maybe it is the Texas heat because i had my Trex 600e go down today after just a few minutes. I have ordered a new motor and new blades.

Btw. I appreciate your advice about the gyros onlt working when the throttle is over 1/3. I was wondering why i did not see any significant gyro effect when tilting it.

Thanks,
Hans
HansV is offline Find More Posts by HansV
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:28 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Hi Mick, I am missing that, and I would bet that more than just me would appreciate if you don't mind. It's just nice to have a baseline. I'm curious to see how close mine was to stock. Thanks,

Rafa
Missing docs when purchasing heli's is quite common I think. Ive found that almost every time I purchase an RC heli the seal on the box is invariably broken.

Ok heres the doc anyhow. I'll post some pics and PDF dl for those that want to print it off. Make sure you read the pages in numbered order as the first 4 pages detail 2801 mode setup and pages 5-6 are 2601 setup notes.

PDF Link- http://d01.megashares.com/dl/0a97c32/4F200setup.pdf

Picture Link- http://img409.imageshack.us/g/4f2004.jpg/

Last edited by Bravo47; Aug 09, 2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: tidying up
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:30 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Definition: Hovering Throttle and Hovering Pitch - Fine tuning adjustments for the throttle and collective pitch curves individually affecting performance only around the center point and only in the normal condition.
When you diminish Hov.T there's no HS change ,only throtle is raising slower than blades pitch giving heli smoother take off. Also, all axis only take reaction when there's throtle input .
Every day I learn something new in this forum.

thx Crash

Mick
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:40 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansV View Post

Thanks,
Hans.
My 4F200 is set at -2 to +10, with throttle linier but zero throttle at bottom stick and full throttle at 100%. Using the pitch curve ive just posted from Walkera setup. The only edit was to lift the bottom of the curve a little to get me at -2 rather than Walkera's -4 at zero. My 4F200 is humming nicly in a hover and doesnt seem to be going hard at all. I dont think anything is getting excessivly hot ?

Mick
Old Aug 09, 2010, 09:25 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Missing docs when purchasing heli's is quite common I think. Ive found that almost every time I purchase an RC heli the seal on the box is invariably broken.

Ok heres the doc anyhow. I'll post some pics and PDF dl for those that want to print it off. Make sure you read the pages in numbered order as the first 4 pages detail 2801 mode setup and pages 5-6 are 2601 setup notes.

PDF Link- http://d01.megashares.com/dl/0a97c32/4F200setup.pdf

Picture Link- http://img409.imageshack.us/g/4f2004.jpg/

Great, thanks. Feels so 'James Bondish' to get a hold of missing documents! Happy Monday,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 09, 2010, 12:31 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
I got some math about head speed for this heli:

(Volts X kV) X (pinion teeth / main teeth) = head speed (rpm)

7.4V X 3900 rpm/V = 28860 rpm

16 teeth / 172 teeth = 0.093023

So now you have...

28860 rpm X 0.093023 = 2684.643 rpm

If using 2S HS will be so far with actual stock motor: 4063.244
Last edited by Alwayscrash; Aug 09, 2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: miss typing
Old Aug 09, 2010, 12:48 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
I got some math about head speed for this heli:

(Volts X kV) X (pinion teeth / main teeth) = head speed (rpm)

7.4V X 3900 rpm/V = 28860 rpm

16 teeth / 172 teeth = 0.093023

So now you have...

28860 rpm X 0.093023 = 2684.643 rpm

If using 3S HS will be so far: 4063.244
Hey A. Just for your info, the stock motor has been measured at 6,000kv. The tached HS at 100% throttle and 0* pitch is 4,320 rpm. Oh and I think you meant 2S not 3S correct?
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 09, 2010, 01:44 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Hey DK, this is just based on what Walker put on the label but usually we have to X2 like others stocks motors! Sorry for miss typing, yes it's for 2S.I know that with a such revo it will be never correspond with stock motor spec. Thanks for your info, i'm finding some replacement motor for killing the "BBQ" problem.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 02:28 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Yeah that is a problem. I solved it by going 3S with a Gaui 255 3S motor. May need a little more kv to get the HS to 4500 rpm but I'm still working on that other little heli right now (V120D02).
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 09, 2010, 02:31 PM
Joined Jan 2009
152 Posts
Donít remember if Iíve asked this question directly before, , or not, so here I go.

I got my 4F200 about three weeks ago, and have yet to fly it. The reason being I had a bad Rx, or so I thought. Just got my new RX2612V.

Now hereís my question:

Is the LED on the Rx supposed to be lit once it binds with the TX, or not? It seems that according to the manual, the LED is supposed to be lit solid once it binds. Neither one of mine are.

Thanks,
Mike
starz is offline Find More Posts by starz