HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Okay, i updated my build long a little bit. Posted some flight times on those batteries and some other stuff. Over all they are just slightly too small and have a kind of short flight time. The 1600 mAh pack you can get nearly 5 minutes out of though. Thats about the same as the stock packs. But they are real wide sitting on the tray and short too. I ordered some 1700 and 1800 mah packs. I'm pretty sure they will fit. I'll post more on that stuff when i receive them.

4f200 - Upgrades, Repairs, Modifications
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Enfield
Joined Jan 2012
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
BenVK I would be interested in any of your ideas for a clutch.
I had some free time at work today so played around with some ideas for a clutch. This idea is very simple (always best to keep it simple) and should work. Just need find/modify or make a shaft collar that's suitable. Modifying the main gear with a slot would be easy peasy, making a groove around the main shaft not so easy but manageable. After I had done the 3D model, I thought that if you had long enough grub screws through the collar, you could add Nyloc nuts. That way, just tighten up the screws into the slot on the main shaft to the required amount, then lock the nuts to keep the tension. Maybe it's overkill though, a drop of thread lock might achieve the same results.

Hopefully you can see what I'm getting at here. I've tried Nylon screws through the gear like you and they don't work so best not have any screws going through the gear at all.

I'll be given this a go soon. Just need to find the collars.
BenVK is offline Find More Posts by BenVK
Last edited by BenVK; Sep 21, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
That is a very interesting idea. I just did not think of that. Was trying to make a suitable drive pin and go too wrapped up in that. Post if you find suitable parts it would be welcom.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
945 Posts
Did I post my clutch for the tail shaft? works in a similar way. Don't have a 3D model for it but can post some photos if anyone is interested.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
4F200 - Turnigy 20-30C vs Turnigy Nano 25-50C - 1300 mAh (7 min 50 sec)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
945 Posts
Got to love the Nano Tech's, great battery.
What camera are you using? have you got it taped to your forehead?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
I think its a hat cam.

They sell'm for $30. But what I did is take a cap (that I was about to donate), drill a hole through the bill and mount your camera using it's tri-pod mount and a matching bolt. Voila - home made hat cam.

I use my hat cam in all my videos and works okay since my eyes are following the heli any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
Got to love the Nano Tech's, great battery.
What camera are you using? have you got it taped to your forehead?
razorblade is online now Find More Posts by razorblade
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
945 Posts
Don't wear baseball caps, this is England!

Just bought one of these.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308499869...84.m1439.l2649

It's mind blowing that you can get a HD quality DVR this small now and for so little money.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Yeah, thats basically the same as me. Problem is my camera's tripod mount is on the far left side. So to even the lens in the middle of the cap's bill i had to off set the hole i drilled. The result is a very crooked camera angle, or a funny looking guy in a field with a camera "taped" to his hat and on top of that he's wearing it all tipped backwards and to one side like a gangsta.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Don't wear baseball caps, this is England!

Just bought one of these.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308499869...84.m1439.l2649

It's mind blowing that you can get a HD quality DVR this small now and for so little money.
720 x 480 is not HD, yet. But its at 30 fps with 480 lines instead of what my little cmos 2.4 ghz transmitter camera does at 380. It will be a nice looking, solid standard television picture. Like an older non HD camcorder or DVD.

Standard HD (or bluray) resolutions are: 1280x720, 1440x1080, and 1920x1080

Just FYI. But don't worry, it will still have a great picture for what it is.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
Dont' forget... I'm getting 7.5 minutes of flight time with the Duratrax Onyx 2S 7.4V 2000mah 25C lipos.

And that's seven minutes of 3D doing flips and no sport flying - just flips.

Couple other things I noticed:
  1. This lipo puts out more power at those moments when more power is needed. This is comparing to GensAce 1550mah and stock lipo.
  2. It runs cooler compared to the GensAce and stock lipo.

Stock lipo is 85.25 grams.
Duratrax Onyx is 105 grams.

The 4F200 is tail heavy so having some extra weight up front is okay. If you're finding you need to add some weight up front, why add dead weight? Instead use a pack that weights a little more.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
720 x 480 is not HD, yet. But its at 30 fps with 480 lines instead of what my little cmos 2.4 ghz transmitter camera does at 380. It will be a nice looking, solid standard television picture. Like an older non HD camcorder or DVD.

Standard HD (or bluray) resolutions are: 1280x720, 1440x1080, and 1920x1080

Just FYI. But don't worry, it will still have a great picture for what it is.
You're such a know it all!

But in a nice way.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
Technology changes very fast. Its a challenge to keep up.

480 lines is DVD quality also called SD (Standard Definition). And then HD comes in 720 lines and 1080 lines.

1080 lines is my last knowledge of this because it was 4 years ago that I had to purchase a 1080p capable HD flat screen. I'm sure I'll soon hear from a friend or co-worker of a 4000 line HD flat screen they bought.

It changes fast!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:42 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
You're such a know it all!

But in a nice way.
I could react so many ways. But I am who i am. So, I'll just continue. (it's too bad sarcasm can't be done in text too well)

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. -Socrates

I honestly can't stop learning. For me, it's a shame others don't share my interest in it. Everything interests me, then bores me. Then something else comes along. I'm the smart version of Peter Griffin! It's an unfortunate side effect of finding most television boring, most of the time anyway. It makes me feel unproductive. Yeah, i watch the mind melter every once in a while. But i always said that wikipedia added the "random article" button just for me . As for the television resolution specs. My family owned a Radio Shack / Television & electronics repair shop. My elementary school was right across the street. Guess where I ended up spending my afternoons after school? Was fun for me, but I'm not so sure most other kids would have been so thrilled. Learning has liberated me. As it would have liberated you also had you known many things before hand.

An interesting side note that the word "liber", the Latin word for book. Is the root word for the word "Liberty". Loosely translating to a meaning/interpretation of "knowledge is also liberty" or freedom.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
945 Posts
It was meant as a compliment. None of what we talk about here is my area of expertise but I also love to learn new things.