HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
So yes it flies more stable than the 4f200. I have no doubt it is capable of lifting more weight than a 2 or 3 blade rotor. That is going to work out nicely
It's begging for a scale fuse....

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,405 Posts
Impressive!!!
ChopperJack is online now Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Nice, I saw one of those on a 450 with retracting gear. Very impressive with the 5 blade head, it sounds angry.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:38 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
Nice, but the tail blades look awful close to the deck ...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Feb 2012
309 Posts
IntegrityHndywrk,

This is just simply awesome!!!

You should get a decent offer on ebay.
razorblade is offline Find More Posts by razorblade
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Nice, but the tail blades look awful close to the deck ...
Turns out that the fuselage's factory placement of the rear wheel holes appears to be too far back. Resulting in a deeper recess in the rear. If they had moved the wheels forward 5-10mm that would have added much more tail clearance. I should write them i suppose??

regardless. On a level surface it's not bad. My driveway is very slanted and not level at all. The parking lot was much easier. I'm thinking that 37mm tail blades will be sufficient with this type of scale flight. I will be providing a few sets of tail blades. Some of which are going to be the white trex blades to match the white main rotor blades that will also be supplied. If i were more into scale birds... Just hell, never mind IF, i kind of want to keep this thing I have not flown it since the last test videos. You don't know how hard that is. I'm working on getting the packaging ready, i just have to find the time... Had to go out and fly today! it was the first time in a long time i really went out and just relaxed and flew. It was a nice day, just very, very windy. Video will be uploading tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
IntegrityHndywrk,

This is just simply awesome!!!

You should get a decent offer on ebay.
Thank you. I hope for the best. I'm trying to scrape together everything i can to add value to the package. I might even make a mini version of my heli pad to include with it. If packaging will allow. I doubt it will...
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
The worst thing for me with the multi blade heads is transport. I'd have to take the blades on and off every time I wanted to take it anywhere. I love the look, just practically, for me, it's impossible.

Some one is going to get a really nice heli though. Maybe one day, I'll be able to care more about what I fly that just getting to fly something! Hell, I even managed to find a spot to fly my Ladybird near my work... the V120 is next on the list for that spot though I really wish it had grass not gravel. Much less severe when crashing inverted which is my next goal: Fly inverted like IHWK.
Currently the sim is getting hammered for that, but soon, for real I hope.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Feb 2012
309 Posts
Plush grassy fields....?

I have one right behind my house. One acre of natural mid-western prairie, treeless at that. Its a nice field if you can stand the beetles that constantly land on you, of which I cannot.

But its right behind my house. Hmmm.... maybe since its cooler outside these days, I should give it another shot?
razorblade is offline Find More Posts by razorblade
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Plush grassy fields....?

I have one right behind my house. One acre of natural mid-western prairie, treeless at that. Its a nice field if you can stand the beetles that constantly land on you, of which I cannot.

But its right behind my house. Hmmm.... maybe since its cooler outside these days, I should give it another shot?
I'm going to hate you for a few minutes - do you mind??!!

Last time I saw a plush grassy field in Japan was... hmmm... not sure I ever saw one. It's all rice paddies (due to tax reasons apparently). 5 minutes from my folks place is a totally different story - spoilt for choice. Bummer is, that is 10,000km away from me now - enough time to charge the batteries before I fly though I guess...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Plush grassy fields....?

Bah, I live in Tucson, what are these grass fields that you speak of?

Actually I have a nice soccer field to fly in that is generally child free, whether it has grass is a matter of season. Sometimes you just throw water on dirt here and occasionally grass appears, or they just spraypaint the dirt green.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,956 Posts
The return to 3D with the 3 blade beast!

4f200 - Return to 3D with the 3 blade beast (4 min 50 sec)

Oh yeah, and that was yesterday. Then today the heli went into a spinning, flipping ball of crazy. Just all in mid fight after trying to go inverted. The tail just started spinning then it started flipping. All of a sudden it just stopped and i regained control and flew the rest of the pack. Seemed like some really crazy gyro spazz because of the wind maybe? It was pretty scary.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Sep 14, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:33 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
The worst thing for me with the multi blade heads is transport. I'd have to take the blades on and off every time I wanted to take it anywhere. I love the look, just practically, for me, it's impossible.
Yes, transport. I had a 5 blade head on my HK(mostly Align)600. It is a real pain to have to remove those big heavy CF blades for storage and transport. Then they have to be adjusted just right every time. I finally realized I had bitten off more than I could chew and dropped back to a Align DFC two blade head - much better.

I think I could cope with a five blade head on a heli this size. Eventually, I plan to put the five blade head back on the 600. It is really awesum to spin up and fly!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
Yes, transport. I had a 5 blade head on my HK(mostly Align)600. It is a real pain to have to remove those big heavy CF blades for storage and transport. Then they have to be adjusted just right every time. I finally realized I had bitten off more than I could chew and dropped back to a Align DFC two blade head - much better.

I think I could cope with a five blade head on a heli this size. Eventually, I plan to put the five blade head back on the 600. It is really awesum to spin up and fly!
This 5 blade head is much more worry free. I would think, anyway. Plastic blades and It folds up nicely and with a foam holder or something it wouldn't be so bad to transport because of it's size. I just finished wrapping that sucker up for shipping dimensions and weight too. It will be completely secured, foam filled and triple boxed, literally. Here how the heli it's self will be wrapped, of course before i flooded the rest of it with popcorn.

Everything thing that will be supplied with the heli:

Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:44 AM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,405 Posts
You have a really great looking and flying heli! This size is definitely much easier to handle with five blade head. You might have folks who would like to try five blades in pod and boom config then maybe migrate to fuse. I would think maybe a 40 amp programmable ESC would be desirable with the five blades. Then I am sure there are those who don't have time or inclination to mess with the details and would rather have something RTF. Best of luck to you!!
RCG Plus Member