Old Aug 05, 2010, 07:13 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker999 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone tell me diameter of the main shaft ?

thanks
4.0 mm.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 07:52 AM
JossyRC dot com
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
4.0 mm.

Rafa
what about the tail shaft?
JossyRC is offline Find More Posts by JossyRC
Old Aug 05, 2010, 11:50 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC View Post
what about the tail shaft?
2.0 mm.

Rafa
Old Aug 05, 2010, 09:04 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Parts, parts, parts, parts. . ..

Looks like Wow is starting to stock some parts. No, they don't pay me, but Wow's prices look more reasonable that RCHH's. Terence's (Chinese Jade) prices, and his $5 shipping, win---the downside is ~10 days shipping.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-4f200-parts.aspx

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera4F200.htm

http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...licopter_Parts

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=82_482

http://www.hobbydaddy.com/shop/index...88&language=ja

Here's some washers that will allow one to use the wood or plastic blades listed below:
P/N 91116A110 at McMaster.com

Here's the wooden blades dkfuji referred to:
http://www.helidirect.com/wooden-mai...200-p-9385.hdx

Here's the plastic blades Alwayscrash uses:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_1943wt_982

Here's the 35C battery:
http://www.helidirect.com/outrage-nr...es-p-17143.hdx

Rafa
Last edited by Rafa's CB100; Oct 02, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 12:20 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,705 Posts
I'm using these : http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Set-Plastic-Ma...item3f015f243a
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:11 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Cool. I have added your link to my previous post, and will keep doing the same if others share links. This way, one can shortcut that post and have all of the parts sources on the same page.

Rafa
Old Aug 07, 2010, 06:43 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Ive got an issue regards the tail holding well on my 4F200. I set it up more acording to the "Flight Parameter Adjustment" insert notes that came in the package. That being said im setup for mode2, 2801rx mode, pitchcurve -2 to +10, throttle curve is linier except for H=90%, swash=1 servo mode, Gyro = 79%(HH mode?), expo=45% ALL, Trav=default. I have not touched the RX POTs at this point so they are all default which are all at 12oc except the Rudder Ext which looks at be at 10oc. I did move my rudder servo on the boom to align the rudder push rod with the boom. When it arrived the servo was positioned at around 2oc on the boom which made the rudder push rod appear to have curvature.

As you can see by my pitch curve im not a 3D pilot, but more of a cruise about pilot.

Anyway the problem im having is that every now and then I get a sudden correction of the tail.

eg: the heli will suddenly correct about 15deg left

Its a recipe for disaster for me with such a small CP heli. What do you think would be causing this? Is it likly an overcorrection because the servo is too fast, that I can correct through either balance delay pot, or Trav?

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Aug 07, 2010, 06:55 PM
Marty
USA, PA, Media
Joined Aug 2008
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Anyway the problem im having is that every now and then I get a sudden correction of the tail.

eg: the heli will suddenly correct about 15deg left
Tail left or nose left? Is it acting like it's losing tail power for an instant? Check to see if the belt is slipping, or some other part of the tail drive chain. Boom support not tight enough will do it, if the boom slides in a little the belt gets loose and starts slipping. Crashed my EP200 a few times due to this, tail boom needed a load of torque on the nuts on the boom clamp.
mrschultz02 is offline Find More Posts by mrschultz02
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:16 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,705 Posts
Bravo,
I've found stock tail servo is 10 degree right and cause some bind on pushrod so i move it to 90 degree /tail boom and found servo /push rod travel is better.Also when servo horn is 90 degree all tail blades must be o pitch angle.Stock servo extend pot is a bit too much and need to be lower to prevent gear damage. I've made some settings on RX ( all is default in TX) and found heli very stable when hovering indoor, outdoor flight need to make nose a bit heavier to have more control on FFF and hard turn by using a heavier battery. Also if you wants it less agressive then just move the HOV.T button on TX all the way down.
Some of my own experience for testing and hope it can help somebody else. Correct me if there's smt wrong.
Acrash
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:20 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Ok all fixed thx Shultz and Crash. It turned out I wasnt getting full pitch travel in one direction. Repositioning the servo corrected the problem. I should have known as encountered the same prob on my HBK2 and Belt-CP at times.

I like the way this heli is built, and looking at the 4mm main shaft im curious how many variations could be made by simply changing the head and perhaps swash

1. Hot Rod = 4F200 Head(4mm shaft)
2. Intermediate = v200D01 FBL Head(?mm shaft)
3. Trainer = CB180 45* head(4mm shaft)

If all three heads fitted it would be a bang for buck transformer heli already kitted out with plenty of power, VP tail, and 2801 programming.

The only thing I dont like too much is the black rotor blades as it makes the rotor disk hard to see in differant light levels, so I might have to add a few stripes or change to the woodies mentioned earlier.

As far as stability goes for me its more friendly than my HBK2, and less friendly than my Belt-CP. Quite stable in a hover, but can get slippery if your not carefull. Definatly not an indoor bird for me. I think somebody seeking a transition to CP heli would be better off with a larger CP heli than the 4F200. Im not a real good CP pilot, but thats the feel I get after flying my second pack. Nice looking heli, and quite well build for my taste.

Mick
Old Aug 08, 2010, 07:15 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Also if you wants it less agressive then just move the HOV.T button on TX all the way down.
Acrash
Hi AC,

Nice rx cover. What's on top of the head?

Could you elaborate a bit on what HOV.T means? It was mentioned in the manual, but I don't remember getting a god explanation from there. Thanks,

Rafa
Old Aug 08, 2010, 07:18 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I set it up more acording to the "Flight Parameter Adjustment" insert notes that came in the package. That being said im setup for mode2, 2801rx mode, pitchcurve -2 to +10, throttle curve is linier except for H=90%, swash=1 servo mode, Gyro = 79%(HH mode?), expo=45% ALL, Trav=default. I have not touched the RX POTs at this point so they are all default which are all at 12oc except the Rudder Ext which looks at be at 10oc. I did move my rudder servo on the boom to align the rudder push rod with the boom. When it arrived the servo was positioned at around 2oc on the boom which made the rudder push rod appear to have curvature.

Mick
Hi Mick,

By insert notes, are you talking about the owner's manual, or did you get some other insert as well?

Rafa
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:29 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Hi AC,

Nice rx cover. What's on top of the head?

Could you elaborate a bit on what HOV.T means? It was mentioned in the manual, but I don't remember getting a god explanation from there. Thanks,

Rafa
I've put an RX protection cover by cutting a piece of clear plastic and tape it on one side of Rx with tape, just lift it up when adjusting is needed.On top rotorhead is a stopper .I diminish Hov.T on TX all way down for changing throtle range when hovering, in this case heli is hovering with low throtle , is quiter and less agressive. Stock setting is midle,going up will make motor start faster and vice-versa.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:54 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,705 Posts
Mick, changing swash is a good idea 'cause stock swash is a bit sloppy within bearing/inner housing.I'm looking for some swash-mod by putting another shaft with autorotation but stuck with the bottom Bearing fixed block.This must be moved down a lot for accepting double main gear autorotation.
Also, using plastic blades for main will make heli more stable in the wind to compensate momentum forces. Stock holder doesn't have dampeners and make heli became unstable in sudden movement.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:24 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mick,

By insert notes, are you talking about the owner's manual, or did you get some other insert as well?

Rafa
My package included a separate insert titled "Flight Parameter Adjustment of WK-2801 pro for 4F200". It came in very handy as when my 4F200 arrived I had trouble with the swash mix and found that the PIT and Aile channels seems to be incorrect. After reading the setup leaflet I found this to be normal because these two channels are interchanged depending on whether you are configuring for 2601mode or 2801mode. In 2601mode you setup for 3sero swash and in 2801mode you set for 1 servo swash. Its quite a good setup guide for people like me that are still learning about pitch/throttle curves etc. If this is missing from your package Rafa please let me know and I'll scan and upload it tonight when I get home from work.

Mick