HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Hey all,
The servos look like drop in's. Did you have to do any work on the tabs to get them to fit?
No these are not really drop-ins. They're slightly smaller than the stock servos.
Here's my Pro/Cons evaluations for them:

Pro:
- Metal gears
- Faster throw rate
- Linear Travel all matched, important for cyclic
- Digital
- Lighter by about 3 grams each.
- Slightly better torque than stock

Con:
- Case Tabs, Servos Arms are made of cheap flimsy plastic
- They really should be used for 100 size heli not a 250 size
- The mounting holes are short by about 2mm than the stock WK 7-6-6, a small notch needs to be cut to fit the one for the elevator.
- Electronics quality not good, I burned out one of the servo motors when it got stuck during a crash, though it was already showing signs of twitching during a rotor spin test, I had a spare so I stuck that one in
DFlame is offline Find More Posts by DFlame
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:58 AM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlame View Post
No these are not really drop-ins. They're slightly smaller than the stock servos.

Con:
- Case Tabs, Servos Arms are made of cheap flimsy plastic
- They really should be used for 100 size heli not a 250 size
- The mounting holes are short by about 2mm than the stock WK 7-6-6, a small notch needs to be cut to fit the one for the elevator.
- Electronics quality not good, I burned out one of the servo motors when it got stuck during a crash, though it was already showing signs of twitching during a rotor spin test, I had a spare so I stuck that one in
MKS 470 is probably the answer then. Not so concerned about the slot but the reliability could be an issue.
ShokWaveRider is offline Find More Posts by ShokWaveRider
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
MKS 470 is probably the answer then. Not so concerned about the slot but the reliability could be an issue.
This looks like a pretty good servo.
Are they drop in's?
A part of the housing sticks out, does that get in the way of anything?
I see that HK has them on backorder for $21.
Where did you get yours?
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
This looks like a pretty good servo.
Are they drop in's?
A part of the housing sticks out, does that get in the way of anything?
I see that HK has them on backorder for $21.
Where did you get yours?
I have not yet. I called MKS and HK is no longer a dealer. I am trying to find some under $30.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen_d13 View Post
Hey Guys, aside from Ino-Lab HBD-201 servo for Tail, what others servo match up with this 4F200 heli with 2618rx? Thanks

Glenn
Other tail servos for 4F200:
  • Align DS420
  • JR DS290G
samsonite is offline Find More Posts by samsonite
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
Using DS480 for Tail. direct fit. No real competition really it is so fast.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Hi guys, I've got 5 sets of new simulated CF 4F200 blades for sale:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20785365

Thanks,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:38 PM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
PM Sent
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
can i perform autorotations with the 4f200?
kola is offline Find More Posts by kola
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:00 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kola View Post
can i perform autorotations with the 4f200?
Well, it doesn't have a one way bearing (autorotation hub).... but I guess if you had enough height and were good enough....

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:44 AM
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
Walkera 4F200 with Spektrum AR7200BX Beastx

So I took the plunge. Bought the Spektrum AR7200BX receiver and installed it onto the 4F200. I purchased it from my local HubHobby store for $219. It flies very smooth and very still. I have some tuning to do. Just using default settings at the moment. The cold weather has been relentless and too cold for my fingers.

I've only been in this hobby for a little while (since Feb 2011) and I must say - it's not cheap. I started with mostly Blade products. Started with Blade mCX2, then Blade 120SR and finally the Blade SR. I then wanted to jump into a belt CPPM and saw the 4F200. I purchased mine with the WK2603 transmitter instead. Please note at this point, the value of a fully programmable transmitter was unknown to me.

I've been flying the 4F200 over the summer and crashing it as well. I've probably went through 17 main gears, 12 sets of blades, two swash plates, at least two sets of cyclic servos, re-built the tail twice and more. However, I believe I've reached a point where I've figured out all my upright orientations. This also means I rarely experience a crash now. I am now getting into fast forward flight and figure eight circuits - fast and high ones. I know this will change again when I get into the inverted stuff.

I live in Minnesota where the cold weather keeps folks inside most of the time. So over the 2011 winter I purchased a Blade mCPX for $149 and a DX6i transmitter for $160. I wanted something that I can fly inside and also something that will bounce off the ground during a crash as I learn my inverted orientations.

I now use the Spektrum DX6i transmitter with all my helis. The 4F200 was the last bit that didn't have a Spektrum receier. The purchase of the AR7200BX has changed that entirely.

I don't foresee me buying another Walkera heli in the forth coming years. My next plunge will be a heli that I built from a kit. I'm thinking Tarot 450 Flybarless kit here.

On closing, the 4F200 is a great heli. Since I have re-built certain sections of mine over at least twice, I don't have problems with loose screws. Mine is a solid and balanced runner. Pretty much all screws on the heli now are ones that I have placed there. This bird has taught me a lot (and still will) and has made me aware of how complex a full CCPM heli can be. And the price is hard to beat.

Enjoy the pics.
razorblade is online now Find More Posts by razorblade
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:33 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,474 Posts
Awesome, RB!

What a great time to be in this hobby -- a 2.4 Ghz freq hopping radio, AND three axis gyro stab system, all in one package, less than $200, from a major mfgr, with a top notch rep for customer service.

I'll bet that 4f200 is humming now -- the 2702 is such a great improvement, and this is head and shoulders over *that* mod, so with it properly tuned, you will be getting everything out of that airframe that it is capable of delivering!

Nice job, and thanks for sharing!

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
Thanks tracknoob! I am pretty sure the air frame is capable of more than I can deliver at this point.

Remember I purchased the 4F200 with the WK-2603 transmitter which in my opinion was a semi-programmable transmitter very much like the HP6DSM transmitter that shipped with the Blade SR.

I so desired to have the programmability the 2801pro offered, so it was either I purchase a 2801pro from WOW for $140 or get a 3-axis gyro/receiver combo that could be paired up to my DX6i transmitter (which is very comparable to the 2801 both in function and cost). I sure wish I would of purchased the 4F200 with the 2801pro from the get go - oh well - lesson learned - wish I knew then what I know now.

The 4F200 is such a smooth runner when tuned mechanically. Honestly I enjoy flying this bird, even when the stock RX-2612V receiver was in use. Only if the weather would start to warm up just a tad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Awesome, RB!

What a great time to be in this hobby -- a 2.4 Ghz freq hopping radio, AND three axis gyro stab system, all in one package, less than $200, from a major mfgr, with a top notch rep for customer service.

I'll bet that 4f200 is humming now -- the 2702 is such a great improvement, and this is head and shoulders over *that* mod, so with it properly tuned, you will be getting everything out of that airframe that it is capable of delivering!

Nice job, and thanks for sharing!

Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
The 4F200 is such a smooth runner when tuned mechanically.
I have to agree with you there. The cheap chinese electronics does not do it justice. It's quite robust as well, since what I've put it through. I've hit a tree, and countless crashes due to dumb thumbs. I've even managed to land it twice with one of the ball links to a servo popped out I drilled the hole in the servo arm to big. I don't want to try that a third time so I'm replacing my servo arms.

Once I have the money I'm also going to the AR7200BX, probably around this summer. I'd have to get both a transmitter and that receiver.
DFlame is offline Find More Posts by DFlame
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
First Fast Forward Flight

Finally! The weather warmed up. Most of the snow is gone. Daylight savings time has began. It was time to fly this thing.

Walkera 4F200 AR7200BX BeastX Fast Forward Flight 1 (6 min 15 sec)

Walkera 4F200 AR7200BX BeastX Fast Forward Flight 2 (8 min 34 sec)

Walkera 4F200 AR7200BX BeastX Fast Forward Flight 3 (6 min 55 sec)

Walkera 4F200 AR7200BX BeastX Fast Forward Flight 4 (6 min 50 sec)
Last edited by razorblade; Mar 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Edited you tube links... figure out how get them to show as embedded videos.