SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:11 PM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
Isn't that torque a little low? The stock servos are 1.8kg and 2.3kg.
ShokWaveRider is online now Find More Posts by ShokWaveRider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:42 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
Isn't that torque a little low? The stock servos are 1.8kg and 2.3kg.
Possibly, the reviewer said they are actually 1.3kg at 4.8v. They're only $7 each so I'm willing to try them, plus it'll be a while before I start doing 3D so maybe they will do. I'm pretty knowledgeable in electronics so if they prove to be weak I can try to mod them or run them at 6v or 7.2v with a BEC.
DFlame is offline Find More Posts by DFlame
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:49 PM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlame View Post
Possibly, the reviewer said they are actually 1.3kg at 4.8v. They're only $7 each so I'm willing to try them, plus it'll be a while before I start doing 3D so maybe they will do. I'm pretty knowledgeable in electronics so if they prove to be weak I can try to mod them or run them at 6v or 7.2v with a BEC.
Good luck, let us know how they go. I am tempted to try the MK470s but they are also lower torque .9kg. So I will need to keep investigating.

SWR
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11 View Post
I just emailed RC Timer and asked them if a program card can be used to program their ESC. They said yes, It's the same as a Hobbyking/Turnigy. I have a Turnigy card and have used it before, it makes the process quite simple!

AB
I tried it. It works on my RC-Timer ESC.

The only setting I change is the soft start, does anyone have any use for any of the other settings?
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:25 PM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I tried it. It works on my RC-Timer ESC.

The only setting I change is the soft start, does anyone have any use for any of the other settings?
I use the super soft start & low voltage cut-off features on my 400. It was actually running the battery down more than I wanted it to, so I raised it. Nice tool to have.

AB
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
One method I use with Walkera radio's is to

1. bind the heli to the RX,
2. then unplug the heli leaving the TX on
3. move the throttle to 100%
4. plug the heli back in again

The RX finds the TX again letting the ESC go into programming mode.
I'm having trouble following along. Is this referring to the stock ESC or an aftermarket? I'm having trouble with a new flybarless controller and someone on another site said it might be a timing issue with the ESC. Can the timing be adjusted on the stock ESC?
Mahfu is offline Find More Posts by Mahfu
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
What servos did you order?

Anyone tried MKS 470's all round? (3 Cyclic one Tail)
I have the MKS 470s on my cyclic. The MKS 470 is a bit slow for the tail. The servos did take a bit of work to fit into the frame. You have to grind the tabs and the servo housing under the tabs. It took a bit of doing and with the amount of material you remove you have to be careful. After modifying the the servos I am quite happy with them. They have made it thru a couple of blade tips and crash and still work fine. but be that as it may I am no looking forward to the day I have to replace one. OldGuyHelifly installed some Futabas about the same time I put my MKS servos in and he said they were direct drop ins. They have plastic gears but they also have replacement gears available.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahfu View Post
I have the MKS 470s on my cyclic. The MKS 470 is a bit slow for the tail. The servos did take a bit of work to fit into the frame. You have to grind the tabs and the servo housing under the tabs. It took a bit of doing and with the amount of material you remove you have to be careful. After modifying the the servos I am quite happy with them. They have made it thru a couple of blade tips and crash and still work fine. but be that as it may I am no looking forward to the day I have to replace one. OldGuyHelifly installed some Futabas about the same time I put my MKS servos in and he said they were direct drop ins. They have plastic gears but they also have replacement gears available.
Hey,
Additionally, I had two "minor" crashes due to an unknown Rx "glitch" which caused me to dump my heli from a low altitude. In each incident, the only thing I had to replace was a servo arm. I think the Futaba's come with a type of "servo saver" which caused me no grief!
Good luck!
AB
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahfu View Post
What do you use on the tail? Not so critical for metal on the tail just speed. Also were you useing 5v or 6v?

My plan is to use a 30amp ESC, remove or disable the on board BEC. Piggy back a 6v Bec and run all electronics at 6v.

Thus max speed of servos.

SWR
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
What do you use on the tail? Not so critical for metal on the tail just speed. Also were you useing 5v or 6v?

My plan is to use a 30amp ESC, remove or disable the on board BEC. Piggy back a 6v Bec and run all electronics at 6v.

SWR
I'm using Ino-Lab HBD-201. I have 'em on 3 of my helis.
AB
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Quote:

SWR
Currently I'm using the stock servo on the tail but I have a Ino-Lab HBD-201 I need to get around to installing.

I'm running stock voltage, whatever that happens to be.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Hey Guys, aside from Ino-Lab HBD-201 servo for Tail, what others servo match up with this 4F200 heli with 2618rx? Thanks

Glenn
Glen_d13 is offline Find More Posts by Glen_d13
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:12 AM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Hey all,
Just received my new parts I order from HK. 4 weeks from order to delivery
Anyways I spent the whole day installing, and resetting up my linkages. My new servos had different centering for their horns so the linkages had to be adjusted. So that also meant swash leveling.

I was a little worried when I saw the size difference compairing my new and old servos. But looking at the spec sheets, my new ones seems to have more than enough torque to handle the job, though they probably can't be used as tail servos. Also their rotations are reversed from WK so after a little googling, I find there doesn't seem to be a way to reverse the 3G gyro. Anyways I just rotate the receiver 180 degrees, good enough.

It turns out I installed the tail rotor linkage backwards, doh. I was thinking I could just fix that by flipping the servo to the otherside, but thought better of it, since I didn't want to change the balance of the heli.

Well all that's left now is blade tracking, then I'm off to CP flight #4. Here's some photos
DFlame is offline Find More Posts by DFlame
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:59 AM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,214 Posts
I am going to try these on my 4F200LM Cyclics as HK are no longer a dealer for MKS. (DS470)
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,638 Posts
Hey all,
Just received my new parts I order from HK. 4 weeks from order to delivery
Anyways I spent the whole day installing, and resetting up my linkages. My new servos had different centering for their horns so the linkages had to be adjusted. So that also meant swash leveling.

The servos look like drop in's. Did you have to do any work on the tabs to get them to fit?
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88