HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:43 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11 View Post
I just happen to have a 2624V installed in one of my 1#A FBL conversions, it works great! A also have a spare, I may put it in my 4F200.

AB
My RX2624V-D is on it's way from China... well it will be as soon as Hong Kong postal service resumes.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:05 PM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
My RX2624V-D is on it's way from China... well it will be as soon as Hong Kong postal service resumes.
Yeah, Happy Chinese New Year!!!
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
I've been waiting almost two months for a shipment ($230 worth paid already) from HobbyKing which got rejected by customs at San Fransisco. HK is waiting to receive it so they can send it back to me. Got an e-mail from CS today (response to my message last week!) saying they are on the look out for it. I suppose Chinese New Year will slow it down another month.

Just hope you never have any problems with shipments from HK!
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:27 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
Just hope you never have any problems with shipments from HK!
I have a problem almost everytime. Everything goes from Hong Kong to Zurich and finally Japan. Takes ages.
Stuck and rejected by customs is doubly annoying. Grrrr! Killjoys!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:45 PM
Genius or Madness?
The Evergreen State
Joined Jul 2007
873 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble finding places that sell the RX2618V or RX2624V-D. Anybody have any links?
Necron Xen is offline Find More Posts by Necron Xen
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron Xen View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble finding places that sell the RX2618V or RX2624V-D. Anybody have any links?
I got mine - or rather, I am getting mine (RX2624V-D) from 9imod.com
They had 4 left in stock after I bought mine.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:55 AM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron Xen View Post
Hi Guys,

I usually get mine from WOW. They are out of stock on both. I did find a 2618V here:

http://helircstore.com/shop/index.ph...product_id=262

They are also in the USA.

It looks like these guys have some 2618V's too:

http://helidirect.com/walkera-receiv...15-p-23576.hdx

AB
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
Last edited by OldGuyHelifly11; Jan 20, 2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Added link
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-hmair...r-p-61456.html

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-v200d...r-p-61249.html

oomodel has both in stock

just a quick question which one do you think is better? i plan to use one of them in a gaui 200 not hard 3d just more advanced sport flying
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:44 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post

just a quick question which one do you think is better? i plan to use one of them in a gaui 200 not hard 3d just more advanced sport flying
Just because they are listed on oomodel's website doesn't mean that they are actually in stock - you need to call/email first and confirm it otherwise you might wait for ages.

Try Olina at 9imod.com, she helped me out to quickly get 1 in the post to me.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post

BEWARE of OOMODEL

I ordered an RX2624V in August.
They didn't have it in stock.
They finally sent me a D version in November.
They told me to send it back.
I sent it back.
I send e-mails asking if they received it.
They have ignored all my e-mails.

Order it somewhere else.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Hi, I recently bought my first CP heli, which is this 4F200. I got to say it was a pretty ok value purchase. I flew it about 3 times and it handles pretty nice out of the box (bought it from WoW). I ran into problems though on the 3rd flight. I didn't check the screws and loctite so the motor lost a bolt during flight. Nothing majorly broke, just a snapped skid leg. I glued the leg back with some epoxy. Then I started messing with tail, I wanted to get rid of the slop in the tail linkage. I ended up over tightening one of the 1.5mm screws and it snaps. I decide to disassemble the tail assembly so I know what parts I should order. I torqued the head off a retaining screw due to the manufacturer putting too much loctite, I think their loctite is a little too strong. So while I wait for the new parts, I decided to test some cheapo wood blades, just in case I break my CF ones, bad move When the motor reveed of to 70% a blade flew off right through my closet door. Luckily I took the precaution of staying out of the path of potential (actual) flying parts. That test broke all three cyclic servos and a servo arm QQ. My latest purchases are 4 high speed metal gear digital servos and 3 sets of CF blades from HK, never ever gonna use woodies for my heli again. Now I'm just waiting for my servos (I really hate ordering crap from China, but I'm on a budget).
DFlame is offline Find More Posts by DFlame
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:17 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlame View Post
Hi, I recently bought my first CP heli, which is this 4F200. I got to say it was a pretty ok value purchase.
Wow, that's a lot of fastener issues! The truth is the fasteners on these are tiny, fragile, and yup, sometimes over-threadlocked, and other times not enough.

I find that if you have a screw that's a bit stubborn, STOP -- get the soldering iron out, put it into the cross point to get maximum heat transfer going, and then try to loosen it. Walkera is notorious for loose fasteners -- ESPECIALLY CHECK YOUR SWASH BALLS AND HEAD HARDWARE. The danger there is the swash and other aluminum parts can be butter-soft.

It is such a shame they do so much right, but then sometimes the whole effect is ruined with one chinzy part.

This is a nifty flying little heli, once you have it checked out and dialed in, but it is a finicky little fella, as you found with the blade experiment. If you are looking for dirt cheap blades, find someone selling the *plastic* Align 250 blades on Ebay (200 or 205MM), and I think you'll see those fly great on the 4f200.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Yea, hobby store guy said if I encounter screws like that, I should heat they up with something. Another lesson learned. I just got my camera on my phone working again with a new update for Ice Cream Sandwich, so here some pics

For now I'm practicing in a Sim so I can one day do some 3D like in all those Youtube videos
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
Retired Engineer
St. Augustine, Florida
Joined Sep 2006
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlame View Post
Hi, I recently bought my first CP heli, which is this 4F200. I got to say it was a pretty ok value purchase. I flew it about 3 times and it handles pretty nice out of the box (bought it from WoW). I ran into problems though on the 3rd flight. I didn't check the screws and loctite so the motor lost a bolt during flight. Nothing majorly broke, just a snapped skid leg. I glued the leg back with some epoxy. Then I started messing with tail, I wanted to get rid of the slop in the tail linkage. I ended up over tightening one of the 1.5mm screws and it snaps. I decide to disassemble the tail assembly so I know what parts I should order. I torqued the head off a retaining screw due to the manufacturer putting too much loctite, I think their loctite is a little too strong. So while I wait for the new parts, I decided to test some cheapo wood blades, just in case I break my CF ones, bad move When the motor reveed of to 70% a blade flew off right through my closet door. Luckily I took the precaution of staying out of the path of potential (actual) flying parts. That test broke all three cyclic servos and a servo arm QQ. My latest purchases are 4 high speed metal gear digital servos and 3 sets of CF blades from HK, never ever gonna use woodies for my heli again. Now I'm just waiting for my servos (I really hate ordering crap from China, but I'm on a budget).
What servos did you order?

Anyone tried MKS 470's all round? (3 Cyclic one Tail)
ShokWaveRider is online now Find More Posts by ShokWaveRider
Last edited by ShokWaveRider; Jan 23, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
What servos did you order?

Anyone tried MKS 470's all round? (3 Cyclic one Tail)
I ordered these servos: D05010MG 5.7g / .61kg / .07sec Digital Metal Gear Micro Servo
I picked this one because of speed, weight, metal gears, and digital design. Hopefully it's has the torque that a reviewer stated and not what HK lists it as.

MKS DS470 Digital Servo 2.37kg / .089sec / 10.9g

Nice torque specs
Last edited by DFlame; Jan 23, 2012 at 04:21 PM.