Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:01 AM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
okay so i have to focus on my bird and my rx. my swash mixes are the following: aileron 70% elevator 70% and pitch -100% negative for the position changes between 4f200 and v450 servos . so my swash is really good for stick input. Like it is paralell all the way for throttle and every direction move really softly and turns back really quickly. Btw i'm not a professional so i use 70% DR for aileron , and elev. But as u sad it is just setup not affects any gyro thing. And one more thing...if i set gyro gain on my tx example 0. 90% and 1. 30% and i switch the switch then my status led goes off and on ...so it means i can switch the gyro ....so it works good as well
deliver1003 is offline Find More Posts by deliver1003
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2011, 07:45 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliver1003 View Post
okay so i have to focus on my bird and my rx. my swash mixes are the following: aileron 70% elevator 70% and pitch -100% negative for the position changes between 4f200 and v450 servos . so my swash is really good for stick input. Like it is paralell all the way for throttle and every direction move really softly and turns back really quickly. Btw i'm not a professional so i use 70% DR for aileron , and elev. But as u sad it is just setup not affects any gyro thing. And one more thing...if i set gyro gain on my tx example 0. 90% and 1. 30% and i switch the switch then my status led goes off and on ...so it means i can switch the gyro ....so it works good as well
The only thing that I can come up with (besides 'bad receiver') is that odd swash mix combo.

It is in general not a good idea to mix servo types on the swash, and in this case, you apparently even have it needing both a different travel amount and direction. Not good.

It's a long shot, but maybe the receiver is not liking that. Even if it makes your swash move unevenly, as a test, I'd unplug the odd ball servo (to prevent over-driving or binding swash/servo arm), then temporarily type in same magnitude and direction as other two servos need in swash mixing menu, then see if the FBL leveling seems to be trying to work as you tilt the heli (although of course, the unplugged servo will be dead). (I don't think the +/- direction is the issue as much as the different value setting from the other two)

This seems unlikely as a cause, but hey -- it's a cost-free check you can do right now with just a few key-presses, to eliminate, and you have identified the one difference I know of between most 2702 setups that do work and your own that isn't working.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:41 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
servo setup

Iím having trouble getting my new cyclic servos setup properly. This is the first time Iíve installed servos. For the mechanical setup I start by zeroing out all the trims and setting a linear pitch curve so 50% is at mid stick. I then put on the servo arms as close to horizontal as I could get them. The elev and pit servo arms actually came in pretty close. The aile on the other hand was a bit off. I then went into the sub trim to adjust it to level. As I started to adjust the aile I noticed that the pit servo was moving out of level. Iíve tried a couple of things but I canít get them setup properly. Should I just level out the swash using the ball links? Maybe Iím not setting up the servos properly. What is the process to install new servos?
Mahfu is offline Find More Posts by Mahfu
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:12 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
I would forget about the sub trim and just do a mechanical leveling of the swash with the RX dip switch set to "ADJ" during the setup process.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I would forget about the sub trim and just do a mechanical leveling of the swash with the RX dip switch set to "ADJ" during the setup process.
What does the ADJ switch do? for that matter I don't really understand what any of the pots or switches on the RX do. Is there some good reading material out there to explain the how's and whys of RX settings? BTW, I'm using a 2618 if it matters.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
bad issue

Tracknoob

thanks for your answer again. I have finished to set my swash mix to be the same for all three servos (100%,100%,-100% )and it is alredy done. But the 3-axis gyro stabilizing doesn't wanna work:S
I have really no other idea how to fix it... its very sad :S
I went trough the rx settings multiple times . no change...
so i think i have to ask some dudes in the v450 section mabye i can get some new trick.

this upgrade disappoints me really much i have paid and worked so much on it.
I really dont belive that this is coused by my brand new rx.. otherwise its shame to walkera....

btw thanks for all answers
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahfu View Post
What does the ADJ switch do?
The WK>ADJ dip switch turns off the the AILE and ELEV gyro's for setup purposes which lets your servo's re-centre. In "WK" or flight mode the cyclic servo's don't re-centre but behave like a tail servo in HH mode and stay where your last input left them.

The PIT dip switch works like reversing channel 6.

Mick
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Tracknoob

thanks for your answer again. I have finished to set my swash mix to be the same for all three servos (100%,100%,-100% )and it is alredy done. But the 3-axis gyro stabilizing doesn't wanna work:S
I have really no other idea how to fix it... its very sad :S
I went trough the rx settings multiple times . no change...
so i think i have to ask some dudes in the v450 section mabye i can get some new trick.

this upgrade disappoints me really much i have paid and worked so much on it.
I really dont belive that this is coused by my brand new rx.. otherwise its shame to walkera....

btw thanks for all answers
One last idea, then I am plumb out of them --

Is your stick menu on the 2801Pro set to 2801mode? If not, it needs to be.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
One last idea, then I am plumb out of them --

Is your stick menu on the 2801Pro set to 2801mode? If not, it needs to be.
Sadly 2801 :S btw thx all of your help , fast answer .. and effort.
thumbs up

Nice topic
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
The WK>ADJ dip switch turns off the the AILE and ELEV gyro's for setup purposes which lets your servo's re-centre. In "WK" or flight mode the cyclic servo's don't re-centre but behave like a tail servo in HH mode and stay where your last input left them.

The PIT dip switch works like reversing channel 6.

Mick
Wow, that is very helpful. That might be why I've had trouble getting the AILE and ELEV to adjust properly. The PIT rev is good to know about too. Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:26 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Tracknoob

If u are interested here is my vid for sure. with 50% swash mix

4F200 with rx2702V 3-Axis Gyro Issue (1 min 53 sec)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 01:29 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:

If u are interested here is my vid for sure. with 50% swash mix
1. Unplug your motor
2. Initialise your heli
3. increase throttle to 50%
4. Then tipping your heli about, do you still have no swash correction?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:07 AM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
1. Unplug your motor
2. Initialise your heli
3. increase throttle to 50%
4. Then tipping your heli about, do you still have no swash correction?
Hy,

Here's a video of my initializing without motor plugged in. and result as well
The seceond part is about the old setup (servos and rx) is the same. no corrections. :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=q40LIpKWkGA
Last edited by deliver1003; Nov 16, 2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: video link
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:59 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,673 Posts
2702RX don't like anolog servos, if you try to test them on it for a long time can get the RX damaged.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:16 AM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
2702RX don't like anolog servos, if you try to test them on it for a long time can get the RX damaged.
AC
Check the post before .

I use Emax digit metal geared servos for 2702v atm.
and i have setted up an old cyclic part for demonstration with 2612V analog cyclic servos just to see result. ( i mean 3-axis gyro works or not.)