HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 11:48 PM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Hello, does anyone have any info or opinion on the Henge MD922 mg, or MD933 mg servos? Thanks in advance.

AB
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 07:01 AM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
I will be able to hopefully give some info on the Henge MD922 next weekend as I ordered them for my 4f200. Hope to get them in Fri and test them out Sat. I'll let you know what I think of them.
madrat is offline Find More Posts by madrat
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:27 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
[/QUOTE] MSK DS470 servos need to reverse RX (90*)to be working as those servos don't match direction of stock RX.
AC[/QUOTE]

I don't quite follow. Are you saying that I need to adjust servo revs in the TX or that I need to spin the RX around in its cradle (180)? I've read somewhere in this string that spinning it around was needed but I don't remember reading why.

If you are flying the DS470s with the 2618 what are the REV settings? I'm still installing the servos so I haven't gotten around to TX settings yet. I know that I'll have to change settings though.

On a different note. I now have a 2612 RX hanging hanging around doing nothing. Would I be able to use that in a plane? I ran across a mini F16 kit for $60 with out TX and thought it might be worth a spin.
Mahfu is offline Find More Posts by Mahfu
Last edited by Mahfu; Nov 07, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:48 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
On a different note. I now have a 2612 RX hanging hanging around doing nothing. Would I be able to use that in a plane? I ran across a mini F16 kit for $60 with out TX and thought it might be worth a spin.[/QUOTE]

I had one in a plane for a while. I had to still setup the TX model though in HELI mode so I would get access to the GYRO setting which needed to set at a RATE mode value so the rudder would re-centre after input. RX orientation needs to be correct as per heli's so the RX needs to be mounted horizontal. So your plane would need to be large enough to take the RX mounted flat(EPO planes can be cut to suit. Then I just turned down the AILE and ELEV pots to zero. The other thing is the rudder servo needs to be replaced with a digital servo, or the **edit**servo will burn it out.

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Last edited by Bravo47; Nov 08, 2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: correction- servo not RX burn out
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:33 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Okay guys. I am moving in about 28 days and want the least amount of stuff to box up so I have changed my post to include the 4F200 and 4F200LM for the price of one.

PM me if interested.

Here is my post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1528221

Darryl
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Helpmeee:d

Hy everybody!

I had to leave my heli for a few months but now i want to make it fly
so i have applied almost every upgrade as here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406715
, but i have another problem.
If someone have any idea please let me know
Gyro reverse setup: if i tilt my heli to a direction my swash doesn't want to move:S
normally as in this video have to if i'm not wrong.
(
HeliPal.com - Helicox TG-1 Auto-Stabilizing 3-Axis Gyro on Storm 450 3G Movement Test (1 min 56 sec)

)
but my servos are quiet
Even if is set my gyrosens to 100% in my tx and on my reciver to full sense.
no change.
Why they dont want to move to stabilize the heli ??
all other setups are alredy done, swash moves right and every other thing is fine just this.

Thanks, Best wishes

David
deliver1003 is offline Find More Posts by deliver1003
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:32 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliver1003 View Post
Hy everybody!

I had to leave my heli for a few months but now i want to make it fly
so i have applied almost every upgrade as here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406715
, but i have another problem.
If someone have any idea please let me know
Gyro reverse setup: if i tilt my heli to a direction my swash doesn't want to move:S
normally as in this video have to if i'm not wrong.
(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qRpt...layer_embedded
)
but my servos are quiet
Even if is set my gyrosens to 100% in my tx and on my reciver to full sense.
no change.
Why they dont want to move to stabilize the heli ??
all other setups are alredy done, swash moves right and every other thing is fine just this.

Thanks, Best wishes

David
Does that mean you have the 2702V installed? If so, you will not see too much stabilization unless you apply throttle. Unplug the motor and bind the heli. Go to mid throttle and check the movement. It should self correct then.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Does that mean you have the 2702V installed? If so, you will not see too much stabilization unless you apply throttle. Unplug the motor and bind the heli. Go to mid throttle and check the movement. It should self correct then.
Hy!

thanks for fast answer, yes i have 2702V,and if i plug in, motor or not, with throttle as well , there's nothing:S thats why i'm so sad:S
i have the same servos, as in the video Emax Digit metal geared cyclic servos.
My ccpm is fully setted , everything is fine.
so i have no idea ...they have to move just a little i know that not as much in the video.
I"m not able to set gyro reverse ..so i cant fly:S i dont want to crash. my bird.

any setup on 2801?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:58 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,619 Posts
Have you corectly programmed 2702RX? does motor run? check led lights on RX .
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
yeah, every other method is okay.or looks okay
servo travel, swash movement for elevator, aileron pitch really fine.
only the 3g stabilization system doesn't want to work in my hands so i afraid to test with probably wrong gyro reverse

maxbe monday i'll upload a little video to you guyz if it helps.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:36 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,727 Posts
You moved it from setup to WK mode, right?
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
You moved it from setup to WK mode, right?
on rx2702v there's no wk or setup mode like on the stock rx.

anyways not bad idea.

i think i have finished my tx programming right and my swash jumps twice up and down ...not sideways....as in the manual i did right save.

this guy has almost the same setup 2801 pro tx and 2702v rx and where he moves the heli when talking about gyro i cant really decide what can i hear only rudder or cyclics as well..
oppinion? i have sent him a little question about my problem as well

Walkera 2801 Pro/Rx2702v setup for Trex 450/clone helicopters, plus test flight. (16 min 24 sec)

from 03:20 listen to servo sound...only rudder???or?
thx tracknoob anyway
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:24 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,727 Posts
Quote:
on rx2702v there's no wk or setup mode like on the stock rx.
Doh! I think I spent so much time diddling with the 2612 and 2618, that I forgot you do a 'walk-through' of the settings on the 2702, and at the end you are then good to go, no physical switch needed.

Is the tail gyro responding when you quickly swing the boom around?

I just can't imagine why the ail and ele would not be correcting for tilt. Mine do it pretty noticably, even at zero throttle, when you move the heli around.

If you said the swash is popping twice straight up and down, that is usually my "happy sound" means everything is properly initialized and ready to fly.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
yeah np about the switch , never mind. and what about tx? Is there any hidden thing? Or seceondary afflicted thing? Like i had to set minus % to pitch cause on4f200 the elevator servo is in front way not back like on V450 so i had a hard work to set cyclic servos work properly. i mean some trick...or something. ohh i almost forgot. yeah my rudder servo works pretty fine.. only promblem is that i will have to decrase the gyro gain down to around 65% . If i wanna fly because over 65% my tail goes wagging or i dont know the word . But for testing aileron and elevator . I changed them from 0 to 100 as i wrote in my last post. so thats why i turned to you guys i have really no idea....i hope we figure out soon
i hope that my brand new rx is good... I think it has really low chance to be factory problem on both aileron and elevator gyro .

PS. Sorry for my English grammar
Last edited by deliver1003; Nov 11, 2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:33 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,727 Posts
Quote:
yeah np about the switch , never mind. and what about tx? Is there any hidden thing? Or seceondary afflicted thing?
Very weird, esp if the swash is moving correctly with stick input, otherwise I would suspect swash mixing was set to zero percent or something weird like that... the thing is, once you have a properly working swash, then the three-axis stuff is all on-board the rx, so I am fairly certain there is no way to impact it via the transmitter settings.