Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:13 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Thanks Jun.
I hope you feel better soon.

It means a lot to me to qualify for the TS Contest.....I've worked very hard for it.....Which for me, means going to a lot of contests, both big and small.

Even though my skill level is middle of the pack, my chances to qualify go up when I attend many contests.
Having 2 Steigs built by Thomas Cooke was also part of the deal.
Poway was exceptional competition and a great learning experience.
The Bruce was an extended 5 day camping trip with old and new friends.....with some world class DLG thrown in for good measure.

I used the skills I learned while at these major contests, practiced almost every day with my Steigs, kept going to contests, and eventually qualified.

What I've learned is there is more than skill required to qualify......It takes getting youself out there time and time again.
I'm glad I did.
Great post Kenny. I'm happy to see you embraced the qualification process. This is exactly the kind of response I hoped it would generate!

Tom
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:49 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwever39 View Post
Yo guys,
Pics on: