Whoa I think I hit the all button or somethin

Yeah, but I don't mind, I LOVE pics!
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Nov 04, 2010, 07:00 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
It's official JT has "one of everything". Cool picts there JT. You got some neat planes.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Old Nov 04, 2010, 10:47 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Tonights little fun session, good to have JT, HT and Rick onboard for the flying. We need to get HT and Rick the DA-40 so we look right.

Roger
Old Nov 05, 2010, 07:10 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
It's official JT has "one of everything". Cool picts there JT. You got some neat planes.

Roger
And that isn't half of them
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:23 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Had a lot of fun last night. My new joystick is AWESOME! It has TONS of buttons, I have nose-trim(both up and down) a hat switch, push to talk and brake lever all on the flight stick, then on the throttle lever I have rudder ,landing gear, smoke tailhook, flaps (up and down) and a release dropable object which I think I am going to switch to speed-brakes for when we fly navy planes.

Everything I need is right there, I never took my hands off the stick once during the flight for anything else.

I totally recommend it to anyone wanting a new joystick

HT
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:47 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Hey HT,

That sounds neat, what is it called once again? and Where did you get it?

Roger
Old Nov 05, 2010, 03:45 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
I have really come to enjoy flying the DA-40 (Aerosoft) not so much the Iris, YET. But here are some pictures from one of my DA-20 flights around Keystone notice the visibility and compact cuteness of this little bug.

Roger
Old Nov 05, 2010, 08:27 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Hey HT,

That sounds neat, what is it called once again? and Where did you get it?

Roger
It is a Thrustmaster HOTAS X, I bought mine on Amazon because they had the best price. You can buy it from newegg.com too.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T...9006447&sr=8-1

I logged on tonight but no one showed up until 6:00 and by then I had to go.
As a test to my new joystick, I flew helicopters and I also took the T-45 into the Grand Canyon at 450KTs. That was fun, I was surprised, my frame rate NEVER dropped below 25!!! I am getting my graphics dialed in slowly but surely. They may not be great but I love performance.

I have a Eurcopter AS 350 that is really good, but I can't remember where I downloaded it from. If I find it I will post it here.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 09:19 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
I finally realized that the Diamond DA-40 from Abacus has the Thielert diesel engine. So now I know the proper operation. That makes it more realistic as you have to power back to 70 percent power for cruise that gives you about 135 kts. Much better.

Roger
Old Nov 05, 2010, 09:41 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
I finally realized that the Diamond DA-40 from Abacus has the Thielert diesel engine. So now I know the proper operation. That makes it more realistic as you have to power back to 70 percent power for cruise that gives you about 135 kts. Much better.

Roger
That's really weird, I never knew they had a diesel engine. Does that mean it runs on Jet-A too?

HT
Old Nov 06, 2010, 06:03 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Yes HT, It did burn Jet-A. The engines were converted Mercedes Diesel car engines modified for airplane use. They started out with big fanfare because of a low fuel burn for the amount of power they put out. But the company Thielert from Germany made false financial statements and when it was found out the company went into bankrupcy. Diamond lost all support for those engines and there were a lot of Lawsuits. Now Diamond has there own version of a diesel that they developed that they use on there DA-42 Twin Star.
Roger
Old Nov 06, 2010, 09:47 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Yes HT, It did burn Jet-A. The engines were converted Mercedes Diesel car engines modified for airplane use. They started out with big fanfare because of a low fuel burn for the amount of power they put out. But the company Thielert from Germany made false financial statements and when it was found out the company went into bankrupcy. Diamond lost all support for those engines and there were a lot of Lawsuits. Now Diamond has there own version of a diesel that they developed that they use on there DA-42 Twin Star.
Roger
'I see, I knew the Twin Star had Diesel engines but I never knew that they put some on the DA-40

HT
Old Nov 07, 2010, 11:35 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,928 Posts
Roger
Check out my repaint. I'm working on the interior but my eyes or XXXXX taking a break
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Nov 07, 2010, 11:40 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Cool there JT, Looks like a Gator Plane. I need to do another repaint to get something different too. I'll try the inside also.

Roger