Old Jul 01, 2010, 03:52 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Tell me the next time you fly,
Heres the harrier,
http://www.simviation.com/simviation...e=42&mark=9001
it fly awsome, very manuverable at low speeds. It says it will do VTOL but the best ive goten it to do is very short takeoffs. It helps to put in 25% of fuel in all tanks and it will go in a few yards. Also to land slowly slow down and aply flaps to slow down. Then when your at full flaps its going like 20 knots then decend by using throttle. Be carful if you lower the throttle it will float for a few seconds then start to drop and you cant recover if your to low. So lower the throttle slowly the when your at about ten feet flair to bleed off extra speed and brake the secound you hit the ground. And you will make and almost vertical landing. To hover if not landing just switch to full flaps and keep the nose high.
Hope this helps. You realy need to fly it to get the hang of it but its fun!
NighthawkF-117 is offline Find More Posts by NighthawkF-117
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2010, 04:12 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
Welcome to our forum "Nighthawk" We try to fly nightly around 7:30 to 8:00 eastern time USA. I have not seen a Harrier but it would be fun to try. "How well does it fly?" Post some pictures anytime.

Roger
Roger,
I believe I got one of them also.
JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Jul 01, 2010, 05:13 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Unfortunantly I cannot get anything to download from SimViation web site. It just runs and runs and runs and nothing happens. I'll try again but I don't want to pay to join them if they say they are free.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Old Jul 01, 2010, 05:44 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Roger,
Here is the S-3B I have now. I havn't had a chance to try it out maybe later.
Later
JT
Old Jul 01, 2010, 06:00 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
were did you get that one?
NighthawkF-117 is offline Find More Posts by NighthawkF-117
Old Jul 01, 2010, 06:42 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Roger,
The Harrier, and 1 of the F16 paints I have here.

Nighthawk,
Which one?
We will be one around 7:30-8:00 Eastern tonight in the Fly-ins section. Depends which of us sets up the session if there is a password or not,PM if you need it.

JT
Old Jul 01, 2010, 06:54 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT, The S-3 looks pretty good, try it out if it is landable on the carrier, I would like to get it from you sometime.

I managed to get SimViation to download some F-14 textures and a SAAB draken. That was about it. I'll be on tonight around 8:00 also.
Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 09:57 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Some scenes from tonight in the air over southern Alabama

Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:32 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
A few more..................
I tried the F-8 but too dark and too late
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:01 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

Here is an "enlightened" copy of your F-8.....looks nice to me, let me know how the inside looks. I would like to get that one.

Roger
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:04 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Here is a view of my ole' home from 1982. I was down there just under the fligth deck on the 03 level about the center of the ship in the ASW module.

Roger
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:17 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Roger,

I'm bringing the flash drive(loaded with the Carriers and more planes) by on the way back from Starke. Will call you later.

JT
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:19 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Here is a view of my ole' home from 1982. I was down there just under the fligth deck on the 03 level about the center of the ship in the ASW module.

Roger
The plane on the very end of the flight deck I saw, forgot to get will get later and give it a try. What is it again?

JT

Also what is the SWA modoleeeee duh
Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:28 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

I should be in my office all afternoon. Call. The plane on the back of the deck is an A-6 Intruder, I can't find a one of them either. But the plane I would like a good copy of is the S-3 Viking. ASW is "Anti-Submarine Warfare". In the Navy I was an "Aviation Anti-Submarine Warfare Operator" We flew around in the S-3 Viking and the SH-3 Sea King Helicopter and tracked Russian subs. The base on the carrier that controlled all that activity was the ASW Module. We had an "Analysis" Room and a Data Processing Room. I was in Analysis. The job was a lot of fun, the environment of being out to sea most of the time was not. So now I am a Land Surveyor out in the HOT florida woods and swamps...........which is better.
Roger
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:46 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
JT,

I should be in my office all afternoon. Call. The plane on the back of the deck is an A-6 Intruder, I can't find a one of them either. But the plane I would like a good copy of is the S-3 Viking. ASW is "Anti-Submarine Warfare". In the Navy I was an "Aviation Anti-Submarine Warfare Operator" We flew around in the S-3 Viking and the SH-3 Sea King Helicopter and tracked Russian subs. The base on the carrier that controlled all that activity was the ASW Module. We had an "Analysis" Room and a Data Processing Room. I was in Analysis. The job was a lot of fun, the environment of being out to sea most of the time was not. So now I am a Land Surveyor out in the HOT florida woods and swamps...........which is better.
Roger
Copy That