SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
Registered User
swanton, vermont
Joined Apr 2005
244 Posts
Corsair

I loaded the Corsair! flys good but feels like a brick when setting up for a landing. I also loaded the Genesis 2 glider which is a real pleasure to fly. If you guys have not tried cross country gliding, you might give it a try. Its a nice change from full afterburner now and then.
chucker is offline Find More Posts by chucker
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:36 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I loaded the Corsair! flys good but feels like a brick when setting up for a landing. I also loaded the Genesis 2 glider which is a real pleasure to fly. If you guys have not tried cross country gliding, you might give it a try. Its a nice change from full afterburner now and then.
Remember on Warbirds you have to fly it in; no gliding and stuff. I'm not sure which Corsair I posted but one I have you have to actually setup in the cockpit for takeoff's and landings.
It is probably the payware one............
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:35 AM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Generally Warbirds, like the Bearcat. You set up about 20-24 inches of manifold pressure, and prop full forward, full flaps and gear down. You should get about a 700-1000 feet per minute descent rate. If you place yourself in the pattern properly you will make nice smooth landings everytime. The Bearcat is one of the best Warbirds available on FSX period. Practice, Practice, Practice.

P.S. I do enjoy flying the SH Glider on FSX it is a lot of fun and challenging to spot land.
Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:48 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
A couple from the other night, and my new Super Liner
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:08 PM
Read My Blog!
HawkerTyphoon's Avatar
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJake View Post
A couple from the other night, and my new Super Liner

That thing is HUGE! How well does it fly?

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:56 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
That thing is HUGE! How well does it fly?

HT
Don't know yet just took her off for the pic,will try landing ??? later.
A couple of edited pics
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:24 PM
Read My Blog!
HawkerTyphoon's Avatar
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Well I am VERY sorry about that session Roger. My mom came in and said she needed me for a moment then while I was still out, my dad said dinner was ready and that they were all sitting at the table waiting. When I cam back you guys were offline.

I did do some multiplayer with some people using ATC and that was fun but very challenging.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:30 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Not a problem there HawkTy, I had to go to the little boys room, and when I came back mine had reset. So I started to go on again, I saw JT and he did not talk to me. So I had to quit for the night anyway. See you soon in another session I'm sure. Take Care.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:35 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
Not a problem there HawkTy, I had to go to the little boys room, and when I came back mine had reset. So I started to go on again, I saw JT and he did not talk to me. So I had to quit for the night anyway. See you soon in another session I'm sure. Take Care.

Roger
Hey,
I was on and off. I could chat with HT but lost Roger.
Roger I saw you started a session but by the time my pc loaded eveything you were gone...
I started up over in France but no one came on so I shut down also.

JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:57 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Roger,
Some FS9 pics; F-80, the Cessna 150(The one I sent Rick and you, it does better in FS9)
and back when you were Pilotmull......

I tried to catch a 737 in the F-80..HA!!!!!!. I think the P-51 might be faster, will test later.....

JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:46 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Hey JT,

I don't do the FS9 anymore, it just ain't fun since I got spoiled on FSX. I tried the Cessna 150 in FSX and some of the gauges didn't work. The performance is too good. I was climbing at 1300 feet per minute at 80 kts. (No Cessna 150 will do that.) So I went ahead and deleted it. I guess it really is an FS9 plane only. The Insider 152 is still closer to the real deal, I'll stick with that one.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
Hey JT,

I don't do the FS9 anymore, it just ain't fun since I got spoiled on FSX. I tried the Cessna 150 in FSX and some of the gauges didn't work. The performance is too good. I was climbing at 1300 feet per minute at 80 kts. (No Cessna 150 will do that.) So I went ahead and deleted it. I guess it really is an FS9 plane only. The Insider 152 is still closer to the real deal, I'll stick with that one.

Roger
I'm just loading planes I like that don't like FSX. Maybe I will try and convert one to FSX in my spare time.

Later
JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
If you get a good one keep me in mind. I still have your Foamy Jet here whenever you get a chance to come by and give me the motor and stuff I'll get it flight ready for you.

I added decals to mine, cause yours looked to good.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
If you get a good one keep me in mind. I still have your Foamy Jet here whenever you get a chance to come by and give me the motor and stuff I'll get it flight ready for you.

I added decals to mine, cause yours looked to good.

Roger
You will be the first.............
As you know having to watch my travels so I will try and bring what I have, by one day after work.
Thanks again, can't wait to get it airborne.
JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:04 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
You going to be on tonight?
I'm going back outside for awhile (have a fire needs tending)
JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold sold jpflyrc Non R/C Items (FS/W) 5 Nov 01, 2010 04:26 PM
Discussion Computer Flight Simulator FS-X plus Shrink Tubing! ***OVER*** wizzinbya Other Websites 149 Apr 20, 2010 03:40 PM
Discussion flight simulator x from microsoft Robbie106gti Simulators 4 Mar 31, 2010 10:16 PM
Discussion Microsoft Flight Simulator X Big Foot 48 Simulators 6 Oct 14, 2006 09:23 PM
Discussion Microsoft Flight Simulator X BD Flyer Electric Plane Talk 5 Oct 08, 2006 08:30 PM