HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2010, 08:27 AM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Max,

You look like your a long way from home and at a pretty high altitude to keep the gear down. If you can get accelarator it will turn on the glass gauges in the cockpit. But you can do all you need with the steam gauges that do work. The F-18 is another accelarator plane, so the main gauges are glass in it, they probably will not work. But so long as the weather is clear you can still fly it.
Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2010, 09:06 AM
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
Roger; I forgot to put the gear up, I was too excited that i finally got it to work...whoops! I'm seriously considering getting accelerator, but I'm also looking at getting a 450 heli, so I might have to hold off for a bit. I know what you mean by it's way harder to fly without instruments; I downloaded an f4u corsair, but I guess you need acceleration to see the instruments so I was flying blind.

thanks again for all the help everybody
-Max
maxmax77 is offline Find More Posts by maxmax77
Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:39 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Max,

I also fly R/C helis, I had a top of the line Trex 450 SE right when they first came out. It was nice. and very expensive. But I found that after a few crashes, they are just so-so. Now I see that Leaders Hobby and Hobby King both have a copy cat Trex 450 you can get about the equivalent heli for $25.99 Makes me hate what I paid for that first one. You can get a Trex 500 (copy) for $35.99 now that is the way to go. You can do that and Accelarator.

Roger
Old Jun 29, 2010, 05:14 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
JT,

It was the Chance-Vaught F-8 Crusader that had the variable incidence wing. They look similar because of the intake, but they are night and day as far as mission and cababilities.

The F-8 was a mach 2 interceptor. and the A-7 was a sub-sonic bomber.

Roger
I thought there was a F-8 but when I search I get the F-18................

Way to go Max,
See it ain't hard, now come in tonight and let's do some flying. I should be on around8 -8:30 if I get done with my truck repair.

Also go to settings when you open up FSX and set up your controls controls for you stick or key pad.
When you come in to talk to us just hold the CapsLock key down to talk.
Later

JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:52 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Tonihgt

Old Jun 30, 2010, 02:55 PM
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
mullinspsm; thanks, I've been debating which one to get for awhile! I've pretty much decided though...a nice guy on rcuniverse can sell me a rtf hk-450 minus tx/rx/batts for $100+shipping! So, I should have enough left of my "rc money" to get accelerator

JT; thanks! I didn't get on last night, but I probably should be able to tonight!
I don't have a mic yet, but when I get one I'll use that; thanks!
maxmax77 is offline Find More Posts by maxmax77
Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:01 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
FSX Pilots,

Going to try and setup a FTP on Yahoo or somewhere that is free. Will keep you updated.
Later

JT
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:09 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Some shots from last night. Rick in the F-15, JT in the F-18 and me in the F-14...

Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:27 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

Here is a cool shot of an S-3 Viking about to catch the 3 wire. Perfect landing. I would love to have a good version of this plane. It is the ASW platform I worked with a lot in the Navy.

Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 11:48 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
I saw one of those somewhere, will look again.
JT
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:02 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

I downloaded one S-3 and it was horrible. So if you find one let me know, I would like to have one. They can fly very slow like 90 knots easy. So landing on the ship would be fun.

Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:25 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

Look at this color scheme for an F-16....Pretty cool.
Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:47 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

I believe that all F-4 Phantoms had tail hooks, even the Air Force ones, because even though they were not stressed to the same degree that Navy hooks were, the Air Force does use arresting gear on a lot of their Runways. Even the New F-15 and F-16 that were never intended to be Navy planes, have tailhooks for Runways. So even an F-4 Air Force FSX plane will have a hook, wheather it will hold on a carrier landing, you'll have to try and see.

Roger
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:18 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Hi guys, i have FSX and have downloaded many extra planes. Let me know if you ever need a harrier or a F-15 in multiplayer pic. Also i learned to fly RC planes by flying on it in tower vistion
NighthawkF-117 is offline Find More Posts by NighthawkF-117
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:34 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Welcome to our forum "Nighthawk" We try to fly nightly around 7:30 to 8:00 eastern time USA. I have not seen a Harrier but it would be fun to try. "How well does it fly?" Post some pictures anytime.

Roger