SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJake View Post
E68
Amazon has it
Cool thanks! Im actually going to buy this joystick (linked below) first before upgrading. The joystick should make it much more enjoyable. Oh and when i do get the gold edition, do i have to uninstall the normal FSX version i have?



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

EDIT: I just ordered the joystick...it was really hard to ask my dad to help me order it though, and he made me feel so bad even though i used my own money. Thats a whole different story though...i'll keep that out of here.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Last edited by electricrc68; Aug 17, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Roger & Mike,
I found the P-40 should be on Skydrive in awhile. Just remember to delete the other P-40 from the Airplane folder then put all the different versions from this one in the Airplane folder. I guess you have to have all for it to work right.
This is what it looks like, actually there is 5 different ones this the Flying Tigers
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:11 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Cool thanks! Im actually going to buy this joystick (linked below) first before upgrading. The joystick should make it much more enjoyable. Oh and when i do get the gold edition, do i have to uninstall the normal FSX version i have?
Just follow the directions, should do it for you.
EDIT: I just ordered the joystick...it was really hard to ask my dad to help me order it though, and he made me feel so bad even though i used my own money. Thats a whole different story though...i'll keep that out of here.
That is my stick on my #2 PC. Not bad when new.
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:28 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
How Low can you go?????????????
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJake View Post
That is my stick on my #2 PC. Not bad when new.
Okay cool thanks.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:55 PM
No conspiracy in theory
skorski's Avatar
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
WJ,
Oh don't ask.
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:12 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
WJ,
Oh don't ask.
Mike.
Wait a minute mine is flying............
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:19 PM
No conspiracy in theory
skorski's Avatar
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
Wellllllll..........I flew into that position!
Went to New River Gorge in W. Virginia for some canyon flying....
and interrupted some base & bungee jumpers at the bridge!
Mike.
Thanks for the p40...
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Last edited by skorski; Aug 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:32 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
WhiskeyJake's Avatar
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,934 Posts
I found a FSX version with some strange configurations
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
Registered User
ErcoupeEd's Avatar
United States, IN, Grabill
Joined May 2004
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
Ed,
Yes I remember Steve C. & Sky King also, didn't really get into the cowboys till later in life....
Good days, & fun times!
Mike.
Hi Mike,
Steve Canyon is now available on DVD
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:48 AM
Registered User
ErcoupeEd's Avatar
United States, IN, Grabill
Joined May 2004
1,527 Posts
Hee hee hee!
I'm a in joyful mood!!
the LHS owner was out of town for 3 weeks and his wife let me and a buddy rummage thru the LHS basement!
Oh my GAWWWWWSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH did we find some neat stuff!
Kits still NIB unsold for 20 plus years!

She made us a deal you couldn't refuse!!!

a Jim Bridi Aero Commander Shrike kit, NIB, 71 inch wingspan, $29.95 ( epoxy glass fuselage and nacelles, foam wings)
A Top Flite P-51 kit ( NIB) my buddy bought it, $50

A Chet Lanzo Leisure Lanzo bomber plus my choice of electric motor + lipo battery $40 even! No plans, but I already have one I paid $75 for at Toledo a long time ago.
A Top Flite P-39 AirO Cobra NIB , plus an Enya 60 for it, $60 ) motor needs a little work, probably a $30 fix

A 1/3 scale Sig Spacewalker kit NIB , $60

An Aerobird, almost brand new condition, less Tx, was a demo for the LHS, $10

A Bud Nosen Mister Mulligan, NIB ( my buddy bought this!) $50
A Dodgson Camano sailplane, NIB $25

A brand new ADjusto Jig wing jig plus fudelage jig $80
It's all assembled and wasd a store display model.

We walked out with a HUGE Grin on our faces!!!!
Only had to make her one promise, that we would never let him know she sold the stuff to us!!!

She also sold me at $20 over cost a Hangar 9 1/4 scale Taylorcraft NIB complete!

HIs policy is if he can't get a 40% profit, then it will set and collect dust!
her policy, if she can sell at cost or close to it, it goes out the door!

Most of what we bought today she let go cheap to bring in some cash to pay the light bill!

Some of these kits are 30 plus years old!
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Last edited by ErcoupeEd; Aug 18, 2012 at 02:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:34 AM
Registered User
AlfaXray1's Avatar
Joined May 2011
2,359 Posts
Great deals Ed,

My choice would be

a Jim Bridi Aero Commander Shrike kit, NIB, 71 inch wingspan, $29.95 ( epoxy glass fuselage and nacelles, foam wings)
A Top Flite P-51 kit ( NIB) my buddy bought it, $50
and the 1/3 scale Spacewalker.

you lucky dog.
AlfaXray1 is offline Find More Posts by AlfaXray1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:57 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErcoupeEd View Post
Hee hee hee!
I'm a in joyful mood!!
the LHS owner was out of town for 3 weeks and his wife let me and a buddy rummage thru the LHS basement!
Oh my GAWWWWWSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH did we find some neat stuff!
Kits still NIB unsold for 20 plus years!

She made us a deal you couldn't refuse!!!

a Jim Bridi Aero Commander Shrike kit, NIB, 71 inch wingspan, $29.95 ( epoxy glass fuselage and nacelles, foam wings)
A Top Flite P-51 kit ( NIB) my buddy bought it, $50

A Chet Lanzo Leisure Lanzo bomber plus my choice of electric motor + lipo battery $40 even! No plans, but I already have one I paid $75 for at Toledo a long time ago.
A Top Flite P-39 AirO Cobra NIB , plus an Enya 60 for it, $60 ) motor needs a little work, probably a $30 fix

A 1/3 scale Sig Spacewalker kit NIB , $60

An Aerobird, almost brand new condition, less Tx, was a demo for the LHS, $10

A Bud Nosen Mister Mulligan, NIB ( my buddy bought this!) $50
A Dodgson Camano sailplane, NIB $25

A brand new ADjusto Jig wing jig plus fudelage jig $80
It's all assembled and wasd a store display model.

We walked out with a HUGE Grin on our faces!!!!
Only had to make her one promise, that we would never let him know she sold the stuff to us!!!

She also sold me at $20 over cost a Hangar 9 1/4 scale Taylorcraft NIB complete!

HIs policy is if he can't get a 40% profit, then it will set and collect dust!
her policy, if she can sell at cost or close to it, it goes out the door!

Most of what we bought today she let go cheap to bring in some cash to pay the light bill!

Some of these kits are 30 plus years old!
Wow! Nice score!!! Now im not a good builder so i probably wouldn't have gotten a kit, but thats too awesome!!!!
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
electricrc68's Avatar
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
So guys, I've noticed that on my landings, im flaring way too much and then keep going back up into the air thus causing my plane to come down too hard, creating bounce, causing a crash...will landing be a lot easier when i get my joystick in?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:17 PM
Registered User
AlfaXray1's Avatar
Joined May 2011
2,359 Posts
I could only imagine yes. The trick to landing is to set up a good approach when you see the runway PAPI lights (red, white or one red and one white) lights at the end of the runway that will give you glideslope. So if you are HIGH you will see two white (white and white fly all night) if you see two red you are to LOW (red and red you're dead) so you want to have one white and one red. Then if it starts to turn both red add power and allow you descent rate to decrease. If you start to see it going two whites reduce your power and increase your descent rate. If flying a Cessna 172 setting your power to get about 70 knots and with 20 degrees of flaps in it should take about 1500 rpm. Try this from 1000 feet above the runway. fly around till you get off the end of the runway about 1 mile and set that power to 1500 rpm and 20 degrees of flaps and start down the glide slope and see what the lights are showing. Then play with it till you learn to get stable and smooth on those approaches. Then for landing once you are over the numbers on the end of the runway (you should actually be about 50 feet above them at that point) pull the power all the way out and add just a slight amount of up elevator (back pressure) and wait. It should almost land itself. Very little movements of the controls. Give it a try.....remember practice practice practice.
AlfaXray1 is offline Find More Posts by AlfaXray1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold sold jpflyrc Non R/C Items (FS/W) 5 Nov 01, 2010 04:26 PM
Discussion Computer Flight Simulator FS-X plus Shrink Tubing! ***OVER*** wizzinbya Other Websites 149 Apr 20, 2010 03:40 PM
Discussion flight simulator x from microsoft Robbie106gti Simulators 4 Mar 31, 2010 10:16 PM
Discussion Microsoft Flight Simulator X Big Foot 48 Simulators 6 Oct 14, 2006 09:23 PM
Discussion Microsoft Flight Simulator X BD Flyer Electric Plane Talk 5 Oct 08, 2006 08:30 PM