to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJake View Post
Hey you can post whatever you like, it is an open Forum to anyone; we just usually do FSX/Simulator things
Oh okay thank you. By the way, how do you guys meet up in FSX? is there a certain mode i need to get into?

PS: Cant wait to order my thrustmaster, should be a lot more fun than using the keyboard and mouse!
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Oh okay thank you. By the way, how do you guys meet up in FSX? is there a certain mode i need to get into?

PS: Cant wait to order my thrustmaster, should be a lot more fun than using the keyboard and mouse!
Just set up a account with Gamespy thru the multiplayer tab, then look for us in the Fly-ins lobby look for RCG Tenn, RCgroups, or WhiskeyJakes Flyin. Join session and fly.
You will need Acceleration to fly with us not to join others....

Headset to talk.

Mike has been setting up most sessions lately, Roger will be back on here sometime, and I will if I ever get a decent connection speed.

Any other questions just ask
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Okay cool thanks. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1.) Could you please explain to me what skydrive is? Seems like a neat place to get more planes?

2.) Question about ILS landings. How do i know when i have reached minimums? I always mess this up and bounce on the runway causing damage to the plane or overshoot it.

3.) Another ILS question. How do you get the Altitude for the G/S? Im not exactly sure what ATC tells you when they give it to you.

4.) One last ILS question. How do i know when i should start setting up for landing? Is there a certain way to tell?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
WJ, Got the P-40, Thanks!
Elect68, skydrive is a feature in hotmail that allows you to download files & leave them for others to upload when they have a chance. (I think).
ILS landings i'll leave to someone who has more experiance than I.
(I'm from Tennessee and I always thought it stood for "Idiot Lunatic is Smashed!" landing system). But then what do I know?
Hope to see you with us soon, the more the merrier!!!
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2011
58 Posts
Has anyone tried to itstall fdsfx cabin announcement, it is very interesting, I installed it but can't seem to get any sound out of it.
regsilva is offline Find More Posts by regsilva
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
WJ, Got the P-40, Thanks!
Elect68, skydrive is a feature in hotmail that allows you to download files & leave them for others to upload when they have a chance. (I think).
ILS landings i'll leave to someone who has more experiance than I.
(I'm from Tennessee and I always thought it stood for "Idiot Lunatic is Smashed!" landing system). But then what do I know?
Hope to see you with us soon, the more the merrier!!!
Mike.
Ah okay thanks for telling me about skydrive. Will be waiting for help on ILS.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined May 2011
2,353 Posts
I got the P-40 also JT, Thanks. It has been a crazy atart to a crazy week. Maybe I'll make it on later Thurs or Fri. Keep'em flying.....
AlfaXray1 is offline Find More Posts by AlfaXray1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Warbirds
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
Glad to oblige,(or confuse)
I try to keep things lite
But if I know the correct answer I'll happily share it....(I thought AlphaXray might have had an answer for your ILS question....)
Maybe he's not wound down from work yet?
Mike.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Quote:
Glad to oblige,(or confuse)
I try to keep things lite
But if I know the correct answer I'll happily share it....(I thought AlphaXray might have had an answer for your ILS question....)
Maybe he's not wound down from work yet?
Mike.
Hehe yeah maybe so. I watched a youtube video on ILS landings, but those three things i asked werent covered.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:02 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
BTW 68,
All my cousins, Aunts, uncles & Grandparents hail from around Philly, Levitown, Trenton & Cherry Hill. If you Know a Winkler or Skorski tell them I said Hi!
Mike.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:26 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
Have you looked on the various chat groups for FSX? I know there are a few in sites like simviation, avsim, flightsimworld & others. They seem to be keyed to helping people get more out of fsx, rather than just being a spot to meet & make plans. I'll have to check it out myself because i prefer to fly with realtime weather enabled & sometimes have to feel around for the runway.
Mike.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2011
2,353 Posts
Electric88 I just read your ILS questions, and they are actually pretty heavy questions. Glideslope is a function of Airspeed/distance. If you go to AirNav.com and look up whatever airport you are flying at. they have all of the ILS approach plates that you can down load then google how to read and ILS Approach plate and learn all the info there. It has a little graph in the lower left hand corner that has airspeeds and descent rates that should work out to the correct glide slope. (This is for NON precision approaches.) Precision approches you follow the needle on HSI, or VOR.

Instrument flying is probably the most difficult thing pilots do, that is why it requires an additional 40 hours of dual instruction to get the Instrument rating.

Google IFR flight and read and study is the best answer.
AlfaXray1 is offline Find More Posts by AlfaXray1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Warbirds
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Quote:
BTW 68,
All my cousins, Aunts, uncles & Grandparents hail from around Philly, Levitown, Trenton & Cherry Hill. If you Know a Winkler or Skorski tell them I said Hi!
Mike.
Cool! I don't know of any winklers or skorski's unfortunately.

Quote:
Have you looked on the various chat groups for FSX? I know there are a few in sites like simviation, avsim, flightsimworld & others. They seem to be keyed to helping people get more out of fsx, rather than just being a spot to meet & make plans. I'll have to check it out myself because i prefer to fly with realtime weather enabled & sometimes have to feel around for the runway.
Mike.
Oh okay cool thanks. I've never heard of those websites but i will surely check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaXray1 View Post
Electric88 I just read your ILS questions, and they are actually pretty heavy questions. Glideslope is a function of Airspeed/distance. If you go to AirNav.com and look up whatever airport you are flying at. they have all of the ILS approach plates that you can down load then google how to read and ILS Approach plate and learn all the info there. It has a little graph in the lower left hand corner that has airspeeds and descent rates that should work out to the correct glide slope. (This is for NON precision approaches.) Precision approches you follow the needle on HSI, or VOR.

Instrument flying is probably the most difficult thing pilots do, that is why it requires an additional 40 hours of dual instruction to get the Instrument rating.

Google IFR flight and read and study is the best answer.
Thanks for the reply. It helped a little, but i will certainly search for more on the internet.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
simviation, avsim, flightsimworld & flightsim are also good places to find freeware for fsx.
regsilva,
I haven't seen fdsfx cabin announcement yet, sorry!
Mike.