HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:06 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,844 Posts
That is a serious airplane there Roger. Could fly from my house to Memphis in one go, that is pretty intense.

Pretty cool, must be exciting, hope you have a good pair of snips, lol. I might have a prospect of an internship at a local shop working on airplanes, will have to see how it goes.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:42 PM
Pre-Pocket-Rocket!
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,565 Posts
Wow!
That Epic is sharp! I believe I saw one fly over a couple months ago, it was scootin'!
Meanwhile, over MaggyTy.......
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More guitar stuff
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:52 AM
2.4GHz systems, Electrics, FPV
New Zealand, Auckland, Tuakau
Joined May 2006
92 Posts
FYI....I cant find any reference to this in the thread....If you are using a recent NVidia graphics card and LCD/LED screen I strongly suggest you try and get FSX running in 3D with either the blue/red glasses or NVidia shutter glasses....you may have to update the NVidia driver so you get the 3D option showing up in the NVidia control panel....

I am using an ASUS VG236 23" LCD screen with the included NVidia shutter glasses and it is great!!! ( I had been using FSX on my older Phillips LCD screen in anaglyph mode and both are very natural...the shutter glasses give the colours their full strength....very happy with the set up now and have the latest version of Reflex XTR2 3D running in 3D now.. (Running WIN 7 64bit, GTX560 card)

Apparently NVidia also do the 3D on 3D TV's with the correct drivers from them....

Rgds...Laurie
Laurence Carroll is offline Find More Posts by Laurence Carroll
Last edited by Laurence Carroll; Apr 16, 2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: updated system details and spelling
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined May 2011
2,129 Posts
Thanks Laurie, I did not even know you could do 3D on a computer screen. Cool.

How's this for an article. FROM AVWEB.COM

Aviation historians and warbird enthusiasts are drooling at the discovery of at least 12 and maybe as many 20 perfectly preserved brand-new Spitfire Mark 14s buried in Myanmar, which was formerly Burma. Thanks to the tenacity (and apparently considerable diplomatic skills) of British farmer David Cundall, the lost squadron of pristine fighters was found where they were buried by U.S. troops in 1945 when it became clear they wouldn't be needed in the final days of the Second World War. At least a dozen of the aircraft, one of the latest variants with their 2,035-horsepower Roll Royce Griffon engines replacing the 1,200-1,500-horsepower Merlins in earlier models, were buried without ever being removed from their original packing crates. It's possible another eight were also buried after the war ended. After spending 15 years and $200,000 of his own money, Cundall was rewarded with visual proof of the magnitude of his discovery. "We sent a borehole down and used a camera to look at the crates," he told the Telegraph. "They seemed to be in good condition."

The aircraft were declared surplus when they arrived in Burma because the Japanese were in retreat by then and carrier-based Seafires were getting all the action. They were ordered buried in their original crates, waxed, swaddled in grease paper and their joints tarred against the elements. Cundall found some of the soldiers who buried the planes by placing ads in magazines and was able to narrow down the search before using ground-penetrating radar to confirm the burial site. The next obstacles to recovery are political. Myanmar's former military junta was under a variety of sanctions, among them an international convention that prevented the transfer of military goods to and from the country. Recent political reforms have led to the lifting of that ban effective April 23. Cundall will also need the permission of the new Myanmar government to unearth the treasure. He helped his own cause by making numerous trips to the country and earning the trust of government officials. British Prime Minister David Cameron is expected to seal the deal with Myanmar President Thein Sein during a visit.
AlfaXray1 is offline Find More Posts by AlfaXray1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Warbirds
Old Apr 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
Pre-Pocket-Rocket!
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,565 Posts
AX,
I read about those spits! Hmmmm......how to boost horsepower in FSX?!!
I wonder what other changes were made (empty weight etc.)?
And did any of that variant make it to combat?
Mike.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined May 2004
1,454 Posts
We lost another great one!
Howard Pardue died doing a low level aerobatic maneuver he couldn't recover from inhis F8 Bearcat
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined May 2011
2,129 Posts
Yes, those MK14 Spitfires with the Griffin Engine did well against the later BF-109s and the FW-190's. It was constant upgrades for Allied and Axis powers during the War.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:23 PM
Pre-Pocket-Rocket!
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,565 Posts
Simviation has one....ARTS! (almost ready to sim!)
Gone to install it now!
Mike.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:35 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Huh
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
Pre-Pocket-Rocket!
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,565 Posts
Brat!
Mike.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined May 2011
2,129 Posts
JT, that is an old MK 5 you need to find a MK-XIV they have a bigger rudder/vertical fin. Also they have bigger humps over the cylinders for the Griffin engine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
This one???
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined May 2011
2,129 Posts
YES, JT, Thats it. Well that is the "Seafire" variation but it has the Griffin engine. Cool.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joined May 2011
2,129 Posts
Thanks to a friend of mines keen eye. He spotted this 500 sized Heli on Ebay for $18 he ended up getting it for $22.10 with FREE shipping. I had done a little solder work for him so it ended up costing me $20 even. The motor and Gyro are ordered. Hopefully it will fly soon.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:35 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,921 Posts
Any you guys have any idea how to get the 747's auto pilot to stay on?? I have set up 3 fights across the pond and always end up in the water. I'm not watchin all the time as it is a long flight. Any thoughts>>>>>