HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:00 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
I see HT on tried session, no go. I'll hang around to see if anyone else comes in then going to find Football game......
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:56 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
So It Is
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
JT,

Had a crazy afternoon, spent five hours at the Airport working on Gate codes and the Fly In Breakfast tomorrow morning. Then my family wanted to go to Gainesville for dinner afterwards. Didn't get back in till after 9:00 and then mneeded a shower bad, so just now ready to set down and relax. But I am going to watch a NetFlix with my wife and go to bed. So I can get up at 6:00 tomorrow morning and spend five more hours on the Airport ramp directing airplanes.......But that is actually fun.

Roger

Do you have the new "Cloudbusters Gate Code" ?
AlfaXray1 is offline Find More Posts by AlfaXray1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Warbirds
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:01 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Last night I started a warbird session and flew the B-25 around the Rochester- Niagara Falls area. The B-25 is so fun to fly, if you get it trimmed right on a long final, it also lands very easily as well.

I then flew the scout around Cascade Locks State Airport on the Columbia River in Oregon. Lots of interesting mountains and good scenery.

Can you believe I have nearly 200 hours in my flight simulator logbook? That is a lot of time vegging out in front of a computer pretending to fly.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
Gators and Bama at 8:00 so I won't be on tonight.......unless it gets real ugly, real fast for the Gators. Then I'll need to come on and relieve some stress.

Roger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:21 PM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
The first Fly In Breakfast in quite some time was a success. We had around 35 planes fly in and lots of drivers. Beautiful weather, clear skies and winds were 360/9 gusting to 15 but everyone handled the slight crosswind with no problems. Had an interesting plane show up. (Does anyone know what this is?)

As an olde time EAA'er I'll tell you that I have always liked this design but it is uncommon. That is the only hint you will get.

Ed will probably know.

Roger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
Here is how you know when you have landed too hard......DC-9 from Venezuela.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:52 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaXray1 View Post
Here is how you know when you have landed too hard......DC-9 from Venezuela.
That looks like some of my hard touchdowns...HAAAA

Be on around 8:30 if anyone dares.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:38 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
My guess is either a Jodel or an Emeraude? I don't know how to spell it, sorry if it is misspelled. Looks like one of those. Am I right?

I am disappointed, yesterday was out last airport breakfast and I missed it, I thought it was this following weekend but I was wrong. Oops.

I should be on as well.

HT
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
HT, gets the prize even though he only guessed it as half. It is an Piel Émeraude. Nice little Homebuilt plane. I wish I could just spend my off days building something like that. .....That would be fun.

Won't be on tonight I spent the whole afternoon working on my Father in Laws screen porch project I am beat I will watch a little tV then off to bed.

Roger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2011, 07:33 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
HT, gets the prize even though he only guessed it as half. It is an Piel Émeraude. Nice little Homebuilt plane. I wish I could just spend my off days building something like that. .....That would be fun.

Won't be on tonight I spent the whole afternoon working on my Father in Laws screen porch project I am beat I will watch a little tV then off to bed.

Roger
Looks like a sporty little homebuilt, have you thought about your Bearhawk? That would be an awesome plane.

HT
Old Oct 02, 2011, 07:41 PM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
Same situation with the Bearhawk, NO Money for material and NO place big enough to build it.......YET.

Roger
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:50 AM
Joined May 2004
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Same situation with the Bearhawk, NO Money for material and NO place big enough to build it.......YET.

Roger
.Don't they put garages on houses in Florida?
Ed
ErcoupeEd is online now Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined May 2011
2,309 Posts
I had to enclose my one car garage to become my Land Surveying Office.......Now I am going to add a carport to cover my cars......then a new shed to put wood working tools in......then Well you see it takes a lot of money and time just to get to the point of having money and time to build an airplane.

Some day maybe.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 07:40 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
I had to enclose my one car garage to become my Land Surveying Office.......Now I am going to add a carport to cover my cars......then a new shed to put wood working tools in......then Well you see it takes a lot of money and time just to get to the point of having money and time to build an airplane.

Some day maybe.
Just build one BIG shed/garage/hanger. That is what we did, my mom got tired of all our tools and old cars in her garage so we built our own shop in the back.

I know how it is though, one thing after another, they wouldn't call it life otherwise.

HT