HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:33 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,928 Posts
[QUOTE=mullinspsm;15628621]JT, This looks like something you would do.........Ha. Turn up the sound and listen to those engines. COOL

You're right.

Think about it, if you clean out all the weight and keep Flight essentials I bet them Big Jets move right along.

I see a Sim test flight coming up...........

JT
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:18 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
That was really cool, it almost sounded like a dive bomber!

I have some good and bad news so well start with the good.

the good news is:
I ordered FSX Gold which includes the deluxe version of FSX and includes acceleration. I am pretty excited because right now I only have the standard version.

the bad news is:
I might not make it on tonight. If you are still on, and I get a chance to log on tonight, I'll join. Also I might not log on till next weekend because tomorrow we are going to the lake in the evening for a BBQ, and Tuesday we are leaving to go camping till Saturday at Yosemite Natl. Park.

I might go into withdraw, so I am glad I'll have a nice FSX fix waiting for me when I get home.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Hey, an F-16 can out maunurver a F-14 because its small and lighter, and has more pilot freindly electronics, also it has some cockpit fetures to help a pilot cope with high Gs better. Ive got one for FSX, we need to have a fake dogfight.
P.S. a F-15 can also beat a F-14!
NighthawkF-117 is online now Find More Posts by NighthawkF-117
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:30 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,928 Posts
Another Plane which I believe is one of the best in the WORLD.....

Also the 737 going verticle
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:48 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Nighthawk I think you would be supprised how maneauverable a big Tomcat is. It has a few tricks up its sleeve also. They use all those slick little lightweight fighters at Topgun to train the newbies. After the pilots learn the tricks they hang right with the lightweights. If Dog fighting were only tight turns at virtually empty weight, the F-16 would win hands down, however there is more to the dogfight than turns and usually you have a lot more crap hanging on the plane than you want. The Tomcat could really tear up an F-4 in just a turn fight. But with the right scenario the F-4 could hang in there also. I would like to try some mock Dogfighting sometime on one of our sessions.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:55 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
Nighthawk I think you would be supprised how maneauverable a big Tomcat is. It has a few tricks up its sleeve also. They use all those slick little lightweight fighters at Topgun to train the newbies. After the pilots learn the tricks they hang right with the lightweights. If Dog fighting were only tight turns at virtually empty weight, the F-16 would win hands down, however there is more to the dogfight than turns and usually you have a lot more crap hanging on the plane than you want. The Tomcat could really tear up an F-4 in just a turn fight. But with the right scenario the F-4 could hang in there also. I would like to try some mock Dogfighting sometime on one of our sessions.

Roger
Alright Boys,

Lets put our mouths in the planes and see who can handle the DOGFIGHT.

Bring your Fighter and lets see.......................................

Anybody up for the Game?????????????????:cool :
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:06 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Alright we will make a date, some time next week so everone can practice, my plane of choice? F-16. Furball Matchplane style, if you know what that is. A multiway dogfight were Each team starts facing each other at the same altitude. Topgun style kills, Get close enough behind your kill, for a certin amount of time you get a kill and the other personis out. What do you guys think?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:08 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkF-117 View Post
Hey, an F-16 can out maunurver a F-14 because its small and lighter, and has more pilot freindly electronics, also it has some cockpit fetures to help a pilot cope with high Gs better. Ive got one for FSX, we need to have a fake dogfight.
P.S. a F-15 can also beat a F-14!
I will admit up front the Tomcat has always been my favorite fighter. Not taking anything from the falcon as it is a fine single seat single engine fighter but the Tomcat would win in the real world. It would not win for being more manuverable but for its AIM-54 Phoenix missle and Radar system. This is a fighter that was designed to protect the fleet and the AIM-54 does that with at least a 120 mile range. The Falcon doesn't have a missle system with anything close to that range. But this is symantecs, it's about training and skill and yes more manuverable jets can shoot sown lesser manuverable aircraft but put a talented well trained pilot in a Tomcat and watch out! Even at dogfight range I would bet on the Tomcat that's what Topgun school was all about, learning how to dogfight against smaller faster more manuverable jets. And they do just that. That big ole Tomcat can still yank and bank with the best of them with the exception being the F-22, but thats a differnt beast entirely. JMHO
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Last edited by Reco; Jul 25, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:24 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbuck View Post
Alright Boys,

Lets put our mouths in the planes and see who can handle the DOGFIGHT.

Bring your Fighter and lets see.......................................

Anybody up for the Game?????????????????:cool :

You bet, definitely next week as I'll be gone this week and will also need time to get my new system up and running. Plus I'll need to practice

HT
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:24 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reco View Post
I will admit up front the Tomcat has always been my favorite fighter. Not taking anything from the falcon as it is a fine single seat single engine fighter but the Tomcat would win in the real world. It would not win for being more manuverable but for its AIM-54 Phoenix missle and Radar system. This is a fighter that was designed to protect the fleet and the AIM-54 does that with at least a 120 mile range. The Falcon doesn't have a missle system with anything close to that range. But this is symantecs, it's about training and skill and yes more manuverable jets can shoot sown lesser manuverable aircraft but put a talented well trained pilot in a Tomcat and watch out! Even at dogfight range I would bet on the Tomcat that's what Topgun school was all about, learning how to dogfight against smaller faster more manuverable jets. And they do just that. That big ole Tomcat can still yank and bank with the best of them with the exception being the F-22, but thats a differnt beast entirely. JMHO
Now that id agree with, i once read that early in the gulf war when the Iraq airforce jets would get the warning from there systems that a F-14 radar was pointed at them they would just turn away and go supersonic because they were so scared of them, i made migs systems go crazy.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:32 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Frankly that is what the Libyan MiG's used to do also. When they would get "painted" by an AWG-9 Radar they ran for the coast. But a couple of MiG 21's (a very capable aircraft) didn't and they went swimming. The Tomcat don't play. The last one was in a turning missle fight and the MiG 21 could not shack the Tomcat. He went down.

hee F-15 has the best Air to Air records in the World (100+ to 0) but that was mainly because of the Israelis'. They kick butt and take names.

The F-22 with thrust vectoring and extreme maneauverablity is a totally different animal. It is (5 generation) so it don;t count.

Roger
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:35 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Also the only way to really pit plane to plane and pilot to pilot is with all of us having the same settings for realism. Also G effects needs to be on and the plane flown from inside. Because "blackout" is a very real problem in Dogfighting. Now if you don't care about realism. We can fly from outside and pull however many G's we want and live to tell about it. (But that is not very accurate.)

Roger
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:39 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Also G effects needs to be on and the plane flown from inside. Because "blackout" is a very real problem in Dogfighting. Now if you don't care about realism. We can fly from outside and pull however many G's we want and live to tell about it. (But that is not very accurate.)

Roger
OH jeez, I'll really need to practice then!

HT
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:35 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Hawker,

You're just trying to psych us out. Watch out he flies with the keyboard and can land on Carriers. So watch out. I think we need to do one of each session. The first one that gets 3 screen captures of the opponent in the cross hairs wins.

Roger
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:40 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Hawker,

You're just trying to psych us out. Watch out he flies with the keyboard and can land on Carriers. So watch out. I think we need to do one of each session. The first one that gets 3 screen captures of the opponent in the cross hairs wins.

Roger
There ya go screen shots, is there a way to disignate a joystick boton to do that? He flys with a keyboard!?!?!?!?! Wow i couldnt do that and land on a carrier to save my life!