HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:34 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullinspsm View Post
Tonight going out to dinner with the family, so I won't be back until later. I'll look fro sessions when I get home.

Roger
Roger, Roger,
Be on around 8:00 are so..................
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:02 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Some shots from the Keys at dawn.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

You're graphics look so good. I like the F-14 in the Sim video it looks more detailed than the one I fly. I could not get the Nimitz carrier to download from that site you sent. Can you get me a CD or jump drive and bring it by sometime?

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:23 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Going to be online tonight to do some FSX anybody else going to be around?

Roger
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:25 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
10-4 Over Roger
Between 7:30-8:00 there about..........
JT
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:51 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Check this out
F-14 Carrier Landing (FSX) (0 min 49 sec)
Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:34 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
JT,

That view looking back at the plane, is from two cameras located in the centerline of the Flight Deck. It is called a PLAT camera, (Pilot Landing Aid Television). It is broadcast to all the TV's on the ship. We had it constantly playing in in our ASW Module so we could keep track of Which S-3's were flying and when they were arriving back onboard.

It was also fun to watch the rookie pilots practice....some were pretty scarry until they got the hang of it.

It is amazing how well FSX recreates that look. (It was also black and white.)

Roger
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:55 PM
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
hi guys
I'm obviously not part of the normal group or anything, just wanted to say that I have microsoft flight sim X too, and love it. It's great for when you get bored of the little planes, lol
so I'm seeing a lot of non-stock planes on this forum...where are you getting them? I'd love to try that f-14 8)

thanks
-Max
maxmax77 is offline Find More Posts by maxmax77
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:08 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Max,

The F-14 is a great flying airplane, from my old Navy days, it was the fighter of choice. That was before the F-18. I downloaded mine from Fly Away Simulations. It is freeware. You need FSX Accelarator to make the HUD, and EFD's work, but it is fun. We also like to put Carriers out and about and shoot landings the F-14 really shines in that environment.

Roger
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:32 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Max,
I'm on here just about every evening between 7-8, so come on in. I usually don't have a password when I set up a session so just join in.
If you don't have Accelerator you won't see all the different planes but still can fly.
If you have any other questions post here are you can PM me.

I got alot of my planes from Simviation along with what Roger mentioned. There are a few more. I can e-mail some of the zip files if they aren't too big.
Some shots from last night.....
Later

JT
Old Jun 26, 2010, 07:07 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Max,

Here is a link to the Tomcat Roger was flying:
The file
http://www.simviation.com/simviation...ad.php?ID=6092
This is the page
http://www.simviation.com/simviation...e=27&mark=6092

Once you get to the site look around there are textures, add-ons all kind of stuff.
Make sure to read the readme files when you open the zip file,as it has the install info.

If you need help let me know

JT
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:22 AM
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
Roger; Thanks, they have a ton of warbirds there! I can't wait to give that Corsair a shot, along with all the jets...I don't have acceleration, but I do have the Gold Edition of FSX...not sure if that makes any difference.

JT; thanks for the links, I'm going to try those now! I'd love to fly with you, But i don't have an account (or whatever you need to play with other people) setup, so it might take awhile.

thanks again
-Max

edit; just tried to download a couple models from that site (FlyAwaySimulation,) ad it said I have to register and pay $5? Seems fair what with all the models they have, but I was just surprised.
Last edited by maxmax77; Jun 26, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:34 AM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Max,

I was un aware that they charged for the services, now. I have been with them for a long time and it was free when I registered. To fly multiplayer like JT and I and some of our R/C club members do, doesn't require any extra accounts. So long as you have access to the internet it will work.

When you start FSX, go to multiplayer sign in. Then create an ID for yourself with Game Spy. Then when you sign in it will show various sessions. We use the "Fly Ins" Session and usually it will say "Keystone * something" or Whiskeyjake that will be us. If you have a mic and speakers we can all talk while we are flying. Usually the default for mic. is the period button, but you can change that to whatever you like.

See you in cyber space.

Roger
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:02 PM
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
Roger; I don't have a mic, but I do have speakers and all that, so I can still listen to you guys talking, and follow directions for where to go and all that

I'll make the ID tonight probably, thanks!
-Max
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:18 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
Max,

O.K. tonight around 7:30 we will be online, look under the Fly Ins sessions for Whiskeyjake or Keystone Jets. You can pick up a mic with headset at "Wlagreens" Walmart, etc. for about $10 or so. That is what I did and they work great. I put my mic button as the trigger on my "Force Feedback II" and it's easy to comm that way.

Roger