HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:51 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
United States, FL, Florahome
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
OK Roger I started the Blog, will try and keep it going.
WhiskeyJake is offline Find More Posts by WhiskeyJake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:25 PM
Jets are for kids-of all ages
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
That's it JT, I like that good blog.

Roger
mullinspsm is offline Find More Posts by mullinspsm
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:58 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Ok, I just found this thread, I have the standard version of FSX and think I would love to log on with you guys some time, I am so bored flying the same stuff all the time by my self. I don't have a game spy account, is it free? Will I need acceleration? How does the multiplayer work? Do you guys only fly jets? Sorry about all the questions,

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:10 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
Ok, I just found this thread, I have the standard version of FSX and think I would love to log on with you guys some time, I am so bored flying the same stuff all the time by my self. I don't have a game spy account, is it free? Will I need acceleration? How does the multiplayer work? Do you guys only fly jets? Sorry about all the questions,

HT
Hey,
You can fly with us any time we are on.I try and set up by 8 pm ( a little late so this is short).
You need at least SP2, Accelerator is better so you can see all our aircraft and carriers.
THE SETUP IS FREE. You can try trough the FS program ,but I had to go to Gamespy.com and set my account there.
We fly just about everything out there.

Gotta go set up or fly if any other questions just ask.

Later

JT
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:15 PM
Norwich, England
Joined Jan 2010
589 Posts
Quote:

HT
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/ lok for fshostclient 1.1 this lets you find hosted servers.

a few fly the military jets, i myself fly a couple of them, i also enjoy lonhaul jetliners and the smaller bushman flying.

use the above client instead of gamespy, some servers will be locked but even fs2004 has around 30 servers to play on. i am sure fsx will have a few to

i also found flightsim.com to be a very cool place for information and addons
TamiyaCowboy is offline Find More Posts by TamiyaCowboy
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Ok, I created an gamespy account so i just go under the multiplayer tab and try and find you guys?

If you are on right now I could possibly go turn the other computer on and try logging on
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:33 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Quote:
Ok, I created an gamespy account so i just go under the multiplayer tab and try and find you guys?

If you are on right now I could possibly go turn the other computer on and try logging on
Hey,

Just signed off due to bad connection.

We set up sessions in the Fly-ins part; then look for Whiskeyjake or something with Keystone and that would be us. If you want to talk(which you really need too) you need a mic and headphones(or speakers).
We will be back on tomorrow around 8.

Later
JT
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:35 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Daniel,
Great job landing on the carrier. Remember (practice makes ......better/perfect). Make sure when you're not online practice in Free Flight. Set your carrier and practice.

Later

JT
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:11 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Yeah I saw you guys under whiskyjake but I had to go, I tried getting on but you guys were using a password? I couldn't get in.

Is the SP2 the one that helped with the multicore processors? I got that one a while back and saw a HUGE jump in performance with my brothers quad core processor.

Do I need that chocolate software thing TC recommended?

Anyway, I was doing some multi-player with some people who were doing formation flight in the Grand Canyon, most of us were in Extras and one guy was in an airbus,it was pretty crazy and much more fun than just trying to fly by myself,

HT
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:24 AM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Hawker,
I will PM you the password if you have to put in. I don't use one but some of the other guys do.
All I have is FSX on a dual core Win7 Nvidia GT9600 card(need more) that has been really tweaked. I will look for the info and send to you later.
Not sure what the chocolate software is???????

Later

JT (WhiskeyJake)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Post # 215 TC said something about an alternate server, but since I saw you on Game Spy I figured it was irrelevant.

Yeah, that is pretty much my problem too, I have LOADS of processing power but a really weak graphics card, not sure what it is, but if that was upgraded I could probably run everything on ultra high. as it is now I have to set it down and just accept the high speeds with lower quality.

Sounds good! I'd love to join you guys tonight if I can, just pm the password to me, you mean 8:00 Eastern time right, I'm on the west coast so 8:00 your time is 5:00 my time?

HT
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
The Chocolate software is for alternative servers. We just go through "Gamespy" and it works ok for us simpletons. So if you don't mind GameSpy just join in. We fly Jets alot and do a lot of Aircraft Carrier stuff through AI carriers. Also a really fun thing to do is fly the T-45 Goshawk wide open 400 kts and do terrain hugging over the Smokey Mountains. I like that one. I'm sure the Rocky's would be fun too.
Roger
Old Jul 21, 2010, 02:22 PM
FLY FAST FLY HIGH
Joined Feb 2009
3,931 Posts
Hawker,
That would be 8:00 Eastern. Password is in the mail.
JT
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Will I need to download any carrier stuff to fly with you guys? Also what is a good jet you guys are flying? I pretty much am running a stock list as far as aircraft go.

HT
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:18 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Jun 2008
2,892 Posts
The F-14D Tomcat is one of the best for Aircraft Carrier landsings. Also the T-45 Goshawk is a Navy trainer and is very forgiving and a good carrier plane. The Accelarator F-18 is good but a little harder to land correctly. JT can give you link information on where to download those planes you do not have.

Roger