HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:58 AM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
June 21

Got off work and decided to practice on the trex some more. I usually don't try this on weekdays. I work days and my fiancée works nights so i only have a couple hours before i have to wake her up. When i decide to fly, i want to take my time.

I cranked the Trex up and noticed a tail wobble. The tail started this when i cranked the motor up past 50%. I took it into the air a few times with the same results. Another problem developed at this time. After a few seconds in air, the heli would loose power. I would land and then throttle up and it wouldn't. I noticed that , when i landed, i would have to throttle all the way down and then throttle up and it would work. NOTE: i had this problem once before and thought it was no air to keep things cooler, so cut bottom opening in canopy.
I decided to stop and pull the canopy and check things out. The esc was hot enough to burn a person. At this time, I am running a Zippy 2250 3S 25C 11.1 battery. I immediately disconnected battery and call our local HS for a discussion. We had a long discussion about the problem . Long story short: It is the esc and possibly the motor. i am lucky that they carry a full line of motors and esc's in stock. Guess now is the time for the scorpion motor and castle esc that I have heard about on the forum..

next time
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts