SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:54 PM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Discussion
Never fly over corn fields......

Operator error, bad electronics, kids grabbing the radio.....I don't know. What I do know is trying to find a lost Styker in a corn field is next to impossible.
Walked it for a bit with my TX in a feeble attempt to listen to the motor or elevons. Reminded me of de-tasseling corn as a kid......no fun.

Well about 3 months from now some farmer is going to be throwing Z-foam out the back of his combine.
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:51 AM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
Good post, I was recently flying over a very tall cane sugar field and realized I'd have none / limited chance of finding the plane if I crashed.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
Someone is going to get wet...
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
1,023 Posts
Been there... Done that...

I know what you went thru... Luckily mine landed and stayed on the top of the corn... I could see it from my yard but when I got into the corn that was a different situation. I finally found it 45 minutes later. Soy bean is also no fun to find a plane in.... Mudman1959
mudman1959 is offline Find More Posts by mudman1959
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Considering a little recon with my buddys keychain cam, fly slow and try to get some bearing on it?
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets