Joined May 2005
1,469 Posts
Looks good. Hope your maiden goes well.
3DMON is offline Find More Posts by 3DMON
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:41 AM
Finland, Seinšjoki
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
Thanks for the great plane designs, 3DMON! Maidened mine on sunday, flew very well after I got it trimmed out. Sadly I hit ground nose first not only once, but twice...
First crash was caused because the elevator was moving wrong way. Yeah, unbelievable stupid mistake! I don't know how I managed to miss it before flight... Maybe I was too excited... Scored a minor crack to the left wing, frome LE to CF rod. It was quickly glued with hotglue. Up to air again in 3 mins!
Due my 1000mAhs batteries were allmost dead and not giving enought power, I had to change 1300mAhs battery. It felt little heavy, but flew very well.
After couple fly arounds I started to test how this plane moves and oh boys, it was incredible!
Finally I became reckless and lost plane orientation 3m above the ground and slammed plane nose first to ground. Fuse cracked from front of wing, horizontal braces and motor foam doublers tabs brake, but nothing that cant be repaired in one evening.
The electronics are leftovers from my trainer. The motor is 2208, 1400kv but I don't know it power. It was enought anyway. Prop was APC 8x4E. Servos are 9g, mainly hxt900.

Can't wait to get her air again! My buddy decided to build Ripper as well, he was impressed. Thanks again, 3DMON!
Mazor is offline Find More Posts by Mazor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:48 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,469 Posts
Glad you like it Mazor.
Too bad you crashed on the first day but at least its repairable.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:09 AM
Indonesia, Jogja, Wates
Joined Dec 2012
71 Posts
3D Free Style manuver...
Rollin harrier,K.E Spin,Waterfall,Snaproll,Hover,Gaya manuk UcuL,Knife edge
afternoon Flight....

Rollin harrier,K.E Spin,Waterfall,Snaproll,Hover,Gaya manuk UcuL,Knife edge (5 min 31 sec)
sigsig is offline Find More Posts by sigsig
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:53 AM
Finland, Seinšjoki
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts

My poor ripper...
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:17 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
Thanks for the great plane designs, 3DMON! Maidened mine on sunday, flew very well after I got it trimmed out. Sadly I hit ground nose first not only once, but twice...
First crash was caused because the elevator was moving wrong way. Yeah, unbelievable stupid mistake! I don't know how I managed to miss it before flight... Maybe I was too excited... Scored a minor crack to the left wing, frome LE to CF rod. It was quickly glued with hotglue. Up to air again in 3 mins!
Due my 1000mAhs batteries were allmost dead and not giving enought power, I had to change 1300mAhs battery. It felt little heavy, but flew very well.
After couple fly arounds I started to test how this plane moves and oh boys, it was incredible!
Finally I became reckless and lost plane orientation 3m above the ground and slammed plane nose first to ground. Fuse cracked from front of wing, horizontal braces and motor foam doublers tabs brake, but nothing that cant be repaired in one evening.
The electronics are leftovers from my trainer. The motor is 2208, 1400kv but I don't know it power. It was enought anyway. Prop was APC 8x4E. Servos are 9g, mainly hxt900.

Can't wait to get her air again! My buddy decided to build Ripper as well, he was impressed. Thanks again, 3DMON!
It's well worth the rebuild. I've gone through 4 of these airframes. My previous one before this current one saw more than 100 sorties on that one airframe.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:18 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,469 Posts
Bummer.
You know your not suppose to fly through those when the nets are on hahaha.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:56 AM
Finland, Seinšjoki
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
Too bad I didn't hit the nets.. they would have saved some repairs. Plane hit the pole instead and caused some serious damage. Fuse snapped clear and its easy repair, but the big missing chunk on wing is harder. Repairs are underway already.

I try repair this time, and do new one when I broke it next time. And I will...
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:25 PM
Finland, Seinšjoki
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
The ripper is repaired, and I added little more paint to it. Tomorrow I will test how it flies.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Looks good, that was quick!
sixfins is offline Find More Posts by sixfins
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:14 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
The ripper is repaired, and I added little more paint to it. Tomorrow I will test how it flies.
Nice! That was quick.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:31 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
very nice looking rippers oud hire!
mazor you did that repair quick and nice.

last sunday I started with my ripper, proces is in that attach.. the plan was to go flying today but right now it is snowing badly :S
I didn't used paint on my ripper, but tape this will give more strength to the ripper and wil prevent what happends what te reaper vrom mazor.
this plain wil be the first plain that wil fly for my and I can't wait for a good day to try it out!
kees1991 is offline Find More Posts by kees1991
Last edited by kees1991; Feb 24, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:06 AM
Finland, Seinšjoki
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
Very nice colors Kees! Maybe I add tape also, I have different colored gorilla tapes. But I think it will add too much weight.

Plane did fly today... And I did broke it more, as promised...

I'm not sure what exactly happened... I launched plane, took it more high and was just beginning to turn back when it flipped over and fell down. It felt like outside the radio range, but yesterday I had plane much further away.. Maybe it was windgust that caused it... Anyway, plane hit twice the trees and finally stopped to this pirch.
Couble small clean breakages were found and I taped them using fibre glass tape. And back to air!

And it happened again. This time I was sure it was wind. I managed to control somewhat the plane, and it landed to tree. I dropped it using snow balls Couble more breakages in fuse and wing LE, more tape...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10004...Ifm8aLrsKTOxwE
And flying again! Sorry for bad and short video, I just put phone under my hat to take some proof it flies
This time I kept plane low and did small turn-arounds. But my batteries are so dead! Hardly managed to keep plane level and not dive.. Throttle full all the time!
But I scored some 15 mins of flytime from 3 batteries, and countless emergency landings. Good practise, i quess.
Better batteries are on the way, and maybe I need build new ripper.
But I love this plane!
Last edited by Mazor; Feb 24, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:03 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,469 Posts
Looking good kees1991.

Those trees look vicious Mazor. Glad you got it down.