Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:02 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
going to give it a try

building one know going to give it a go.its a nice plane 3d mon.here a few pic off a dry fit .one thing sir what prop are you running.
dan
popedan is online now Find More Posts by popedan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:20 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,381 Posts
Awesome Dan!
Looks like your pretty close to being done.
I'm running a 9x4.7 Slofly APC with the 1300kv blue wonder on a 3s 610mah lipo.

I see your in Panama City. I use to live about 45 min's from there about 16 yrs ago.
3DMON is online now Find More Posts by 3DMON
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:03 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
going to put and air today

soon as the afternoon storms pass will put and air.just need to mount control horns and linkage and then off to field.will post results. dan
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:25 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popedan View Post
soon as the afternoon storms pass will put and air.just need to mount control horns and linkage and then off to field.will post results. dan
Looking good Dan.
Waiting to hear how your flight went...
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:32 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMON View Post
Looking good Dan.
Waiting to hear how your flight went...
the flying was awsome.have some video but dont know how to get inserted in post so i well have it up on my youtube page popedan41.and a little while.i will need to order a 2712 from rcheadsup its 1300kv instead off the 2717 i have on know.but this plane is sweet you have out done your self again 3dmon.keep up the great design.

dan
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:16 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,381 Posts
Glad to hear it Dan! To post your youtube video here all you have to do is copy the web address that belongs to the video and put it in between the url tags in the advance post options.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:58 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
How hard would this plane be to build out of dollartree foam???
TheTrashMan is offline Find More Posts by TheTrashMan
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:05 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,381 Posts
It shouldn't be hard at all. I've heard of guys getting the paper off by soaking a thin amount of rubbing alcohol on the paper and it just peels right off. The wing I would maybe leave the paper on one side for a little more strength, then you could probably get away with a smaller diameter carbon tube.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:15 PM
Joined Oct 2004
446 Posts
I had the same thought for Dollar Tree foam. Take the paper off for the fuselage pieces, but leave it on for the wing. If I leave it on both sides, I might not even need the CF. The trick to getting the paper off is to thoroughly cover the paper with rubbing alcohol (I use a foam brush to make sure I get it all covered), let it dry completely, then just peel the paper off.

This is a great looking plane. I'd love to know how you did the graphics.
adamdb is offline Find More Posts by adamdb
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdb View Post
I had the same thought for Dollar Tree foam. Take the paper off for the fuselage pieces, but leave it on for the wing. If I leave it on both sides, I might not even need the CF. The trick to getting the paper off is to thoroughly cover the paper with rubbing alcohol (I use a foam brush to make sure I get it all covered), let it dry completely, then just peel the paper off.

This is a great looking plane. I'd love to know how you did the graphics.
I've never used the dollar tree board So I'm not sure about no spar but it may work. It would stink if it didn't though LOL.

Check out this thread for how I did the graphics, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=985105
Adam shows how to do the graphics pretty much the way I did them.
I did use a combination of poster board, masking tape and paper for my templates though.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:33 PM
illinois
Joined Jun 2001
595 Posts
I've been building with the dollar tree foam for last year or two. Has worked out very well. Alcohol is the best way to get the paper off apply it, let soak for 20 to 30 min then dry completely. Paper will come off in one piece. On some models I'll heat temper the sheet after peeling to make it a little stiffer and ding resistant. Lay the de-papered sheet on your work table and use a heat gun on medium low setting over both sides. Temperature should be high enough to produce a more glossy appearance - a lot like foam that's been hot wire cut. I only leave the paper on structural parts, formers, spars, doublers, etc. Using de-papered foam and spar will be far lighter than a wing with paper. Paper will also be affected by humidity and moisture and could start to peel after a few landings in dew covered grass.
wim5150 is offline Find More Posts by wim5150
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:32 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
lil ripper gets paint

its been rainning all day so no fly day on my day off so the wife mixed a lot off colors together and this is how it came out.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:06 PM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
Joined May 2005
1,381 Posts
Nice! You shouldn't have any problems seeing in the air. Shagadelic
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:50 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Very nice looking plane. Great flying talent, too.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:55 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMON View Post
Nice! You shouldn't have any problems seeing in the air. Shagadelic
thanks 3dmon