HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by milehighjc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:04 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Discussion
About me

I'm new to RC flight!

As a kid I was into control line models, as well as an .049 free flight model that I designed. My largest model at the time was the classic Ringmaster which I spent an inordinate amount of time building, and then efficiently converted into toothpicks while trying to teach myself to fly inverted.

I always wanted an RC model then, but couldn't afford the radio gear. Now 35 years later, I got back into the hobby with a Super Cub LP. After a couple of days of hard crashes, I got the hang of it, and now I'm having a ball with it.

Its been about a month, and I think I'm pressing the limits of the SC a bit, and I'd like to try something a little more aerobatic. I'm seriously considering a Parkzone T28.
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:27 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
The T-28 is just one sweet flying bird, and durable. My story is similar to yours, only I bit the RC bug in '03. With all my flying, I still like the T-28 as an easy, ready to go, throwabout that never leaves me with any bad comments!

I did increase mine to much larger wheels since I fly now of of Mid-Western grass fields. But heck, it actually looks better to me, She can handle anything, including winds up to about 15 MPH, although most fun in the 3-7 MPH wind days!

Have fun!

Freddie B
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:12 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Im looking forward to it... while Im kinda waiting to see what Parkzone and Spektrum announce tomorrow, I suspect Ill still buy a T-28 soon.

I have a line on a used DX6i TX that I might be able to pick up (great guy that I run into flying occasionally that wants to upgrade to a DX7).

The decision is probably going to come down to the current T-28D BNF, or the Navy version which I think you can only get in a PNP now. That complicates things a bit... meaning buy a new TX with the receiver, or buying the used TX, and and a receiver ala carte. Not sure the best path there, but seems like the consensus is that the Navy bird is easier to see. The Air Force BNF version makes life pretty simple.

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc