SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:14 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
June 19

I have been busy leveling the backyard for a 16' above-ground pool. Boy , did I find out how out of shape i am in..But it is in the process of filling now. Makes my significant 1/2 happy..

The pool has actually cut my training ground in half for my trex.. I will contend with that when i have to. I still have a front yard that is okay for the immediate things i need to learn..
My friend actually showed me that i had something wrong on the trex. In the time i have been trying to learn this heli, i have replaced the boom, belt, tail blades, tail shaft, main shaft {x2}, main blades{x2}, dampers and bearnings in grips, feathering shaft and flybar. When i was finished with the pool, except for the waiting, i decided to try the trex again. I decided to try some CF blades that a local flyer recommended instead of woodies. Bottom line is I hovered for about 10-15 seconds 6" off ground the first time. The second time i hovered about 20 seconds 18" off ground. I kept the trex in a 5' diameter circle. I will continue to practice this until i can get it into a smaller one before i try anything else. After this , i will have to move to front yard. Oh, now for the bucket-head of the week mistake.. The thing that my friend pointed out was that my paddles were backwards. They were actually 180 degrees off. They have been that way since I replaced the fly-bar. this has been a few weeks. No wonder the controls acted funny. I thought it was just the nature of the beast because i saw videos but had never seen one flown in person but for 1 time..I even took my trex to a hobby shop and talked to someone there about giving lessons and had him look at my heli. The paddles were not noticed then, and this was from someone that has flown for 20 yrs. Of course the main blades were not on the trex or I think he would have spotted this. This is a valuable lesson for me..never take anything for granted and double check everything. But I am happy that i am on my way. I was beginning to think i had reached a point where i needed a pro to teach me. I do still need one , but just not in the way i was thinking i did..

until next time...
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts