HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:11 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Help!
Mini ultra stick vs. Mini pulse XT

Basically, I have a new mini ultra stick. I have had it for almost a year, and only put about 8 or so flights on it, because it is a little too squirrelly for me. I was wondering if the Mini pulse is a little tamer than the MUS. I fear I am comparing apples to oranges. any help?
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:27 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,740 Posts
Yes it is tamer. You tried about 20% expo on your MUS....that will tame it down a bit.
GoldCraft is online now Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:32 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
I'm not sure why this is in the 3D thread, but the Mini Pulse is a great little plane. I took mine a long way and it taught me a lot!
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:49 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,386 Posts
First, if you have too much throw in a mini Ultra Stick, or have it too tail heavy, it's definately going to be squirrely. Make sure it balances on the main spar (or maybe a bit forward of that) and see if that helps. If not, turn your low rates down a bit. Also, GoldCraft is right about the expo. I like 30% (negative expo if you fly Futaba) for sport flying because it smooths out the controls. If you get it right, the Mini Ultra Stick is a great little sport plane.

I loved my mini Pulse. If you put the 450 on the Pulse, it makes a nice, sweet little aileron trainer that will do decent aerobatics. But, since this is the 3D forum, we'de better also say that it sure won't do 3D. The only bad thing I can say about the Mini Pulse is that it was too easy. I had a 480 on it and it was a little rocket, but it was still very, very docile and friendly to fly. It's just not real capable when compared to a dedicated conventional aerobatic plane or a 3D plane.

If you want a nice, docile, good looking plane you can fly sport with, and move into 3D later, take a good look at the 3DHS Extra SHP. I thought I would always have a Mini Ultra Stick for a go-to plane, but that's been replaced by the Extra SHP. I will always have at least one SHP ready to fly at all times.

SPORT FLYING THE 3D HOBBY SHOP EXTRA 300 SHP
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin