SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:06 AM
I added lift to my stable!
tbird911's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Discussion
Mini Ultra Stick and Crow with Aurora 9

Hi All,


I have just purchased and A9 and I am using it with my mini ultra stick.

Setup is Mini Ultra Stick, 4 HS55 on the wing, wing cut for aileron and flap on each wing.

I previously had a DX7 and it was a paint to setup, but I had it working. I'd like to be able to hit full crow, flaps and ailerons working seperately as tradition flaps work and then have the flaps and ailerons linked together to provide full wing ailerons. It'd be great if I could have some elevator mixed in with the flaps and crow to prevent nose up. Can any one provide me with a link that explains how to accomplish this? Would I need to sel aircraft type as glider? I know that the Glider mode has butterfly, but woyld that prevent the other options listed above?

Thanks in advance

Tbird
tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird911 View Post
Hi All, I have just purchased and A9 and I am using it with my mini ultra stick. Setup is Mini Ultra Stick, 4 HS55 on the wing, wing cut for aileron and flap on each wing. I previously had a DX7 and it was a paint to setup, but I had it working. I'd like to be able to hit full crow, flaps and ailerons working seperately as tradition flaps work and then have the flaps and ailerons linked together to provide full wing ailerons. It'd be great if I could have some elevator mixed in with the flaps and crow to prevent nose up. Can any one provide me with a link that explains how to accomplish this? Would I need to sel aircraft type as glider? I know that the Glider mode has butterfly, but woyld that prevent the other options listed above? Thanks in advance Tbird
Which Optima is installed, 6, 7 or 9? this in order can trial on desk.
If you have/can access an HPP-22 try some of the programs already available for the Full House EP gliders.
Aurora - model set up & templates Program Templates. (If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).

Otherwise, set up a "model" on bench with setting up a complex 7-servo or 8-servo aerobat with 2-each flap and aileron servos such as the Hanger 9 Ultra Stick as a reasonable starting point. Once someone has a satisfactory result, please upload to the Aurora program thread.

several items with Flap settings at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
MikeMayberry's Avatar
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
In ACRO use CAMB MIX for Crow assigned to the slider.

I'll also use flight conditions if I want to have different things active or not active like air-flap or have flaps only instead of crow.

With the Aurora you will find that there are many ways do the same thing. You can also use the Airbrake function for crow on a switch.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Last edited by MikeMayberry; Jun 21, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:18 AM
I added lift to my stable!
tbird911's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Which Optima is installed, 6, 7 or 9? this in order can trial on desk.
If you have/can access an HPP-22 try some of the programs already available for the Full House EP gliders.
Aurora - model set up & templates Program Templates. (If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).

Otherwise, set up a "model" on bench with setting up a complex 7-servo or 8-servo aerobat with 2-each flap and aileron servos such as the Hanger 9 Ultra Stick as a reasonable starting point. Once someone has a satisfactory result, please upload to the Aurora program thread.

several items with Flap settings at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Right 'O-- You guys are awesome. This is an Optima 9 channel. I know I can use the butterfly settingin glider. I'm just trying to figure out a few different options like:

1.) Traditional -- inner flaps and outer ailerons on each wing (4 servos)-- I have this working already with slider for flaps - Awesome!

2.) Full span ailerons -- be able to flip switch and then both sets (inner and outer w/ 4 servos) work as full wing ailerons.

3.) Full Crow - flaps down and ailerons up with down elevator mixed in based on the throttle (I think I remembered this right) to compensate for the nose up induced by flaps dropping.



Thanks again got the great links and info . . . .


Tbird
tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:19 AM
I added lift to my stable!
tbird911's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
You are right. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
In ACRO use CAMB MIX for Crow assigned to the slider.

I'll also use flight conditions if I want to have different things active or not active like air-flap or have flaps only instead of crow.

With the Aurora you will find that there are many ways do the same thing. You can also use the Airbrake function for crow on a switch.

Mike.

Mike.
Mike,

I'm so glad I talked to you on the phone about the A9. I'm loving it.
tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Concern with 40 Size Hangar 9 Ultra Stick Throws Mathieas Fuel Plane Talk 2 Feb 02, 2010 01:38 PM
Discussion Mini Ultra Stick with 480 Question Can i use 450 mounting hardware? Mathieas Electric Plane Talk 1 Dec 17, 2009 05:51 PM
Sold Mini Ultra Stick... WITH FLAPS! la528it Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Nov 08, 2009 01:20 PM
Sold Eflight Mini Ultra Stick with electronics, will ship. $70 Splix Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 16, 2009 07:15 PM