HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:43 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
658 Posts
Fork angle looks good.

If you lean the bike over on your table, is there something touching that could lift the front tire from the ground?
Did you try harder springs at the front (or put more tension on the exisiting ones).

You could also try the shorter (stock) fork arms now, since your bike is slim, they should work well..

I only had this problem once on my SB-5, and it was due to some dust on the inside line of a specific Corner.

Of course it could also be a worn front tire.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:53 AM
Guildford - United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2005
42 Posts
I'd try limiting the steering lock some more and see what effect that has.
SteveLeake is offline Find More Posts by SteveLeake
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:53 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
Fork angle looks good.

If you lean the bike over on your table, is there something touching that could lift the front tire from the ground?
Did you try harder springs at the front (or put more tension on the exisiting ones).

You could also try the shorter (stock) fork arms now, since your bike is slim, they should work well..

I only had this problem once on my SB-5, and it was due to some dust on the inside line of a specific Corner.

Of course it could also be a worn front tire.
Good morning!
Nothing touches now! Only crashbars (short ones, from Riccione) and wheels. (no axle bolts, too)
I am running red springs (4th hardest) no tension. They just touch at both ends.
Hmmm... worn, ok, they are used, but not missing any chunks... I am running slicks, now, but it did this to me at Riccione as well, with treaded, which were about 4-5 batteries old...
I will try the short fork arms, too!
Notice the castor angle is what the photo shows: (**-) top, and (-**) lower.
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:55 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,311 Posts
Good morning Steve. I have it limited to where it just touches the side frames, both sides. Around 55-60% both sides.
I will test tomorrow wth more limit...
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Hey Steliosh,

The bike looks great, could you explain the setup for your swing arm?
I looks like the left side is running an extended plate that has a bearing.
I the drive shaft a new part as well?

Cheers

Gecko
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
658 Posts
It's the lightscale Swing arm from Clark:
http://www.clark-s.de/artikel/lights...ghtscale.html#

it comes with a modified drive shaft as well, and is definitely the way to go if you are looking for a longer swingarm, or need a belt tensioner.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:23 AM
ITALY
Joined Feb 2007
90 Posts
Hi sorry but I would ask the owners of these queues that have had the benefit in terms of performance and that carattreistiche can have a swing arm so disproportionately long, are very curious because in my humble opinion this solution to me seems absolutely uncompetitive. welcome the convenience of the rails and the extension of the tail left attached to the pin which makes transmission flex the arm, I apologize if I seem controversial, but there are certain things that I do not understand and maybe I would rather learn to warm up in Riccione church was equipped with this code did not seem competitive (Marc Lutz 10 in the superbike Thomas 5 stok stelios??? can not remember) Thanks for any explanations
MARINO is offline Find More Posts by MARINO
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Cheers thanks for that
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:52 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
658 Posts
Okay, let me rephrase this:
If you buy the Lightscale Swingarm, you get 8 Swingarms for the price of 2 (let's be honest here).
The shortest setting is the same length as the longer TT Swingarm, which worked extremely well on my SB5.
But - you also get the ability to stretch the wheelbase even further. This adds Stability to the bike, and moves the weight more on the front wheel.

@Marino: I did not say that this will make you any faster - but it gives you more setup possibilities, that seem to work pretty well.
Marc and Tom won the last race in Ettlingen (Superbike and Stock), but this only means that they are both very good drivers who can do a good setup on their bikes
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:58 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,311 Posts
OK, here's a video of my bike, as it run on Sunday. The track has very good traction. See at 1.40 minute and also at 1.55... Two times lowsiding!!!

BIKE (1 min 58 sec)

Of course these are not the best lines, there. It was my first time at this track, and before running the bike, I ran maybe 10 batteries with my T3, to get to know the track...

Edit: I put this video here, so you can see what I mean by Lowsiding!!! How it happens, when it happens...
Last edited by steliosh; Jul 03, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:51 AM
ITALY
Joined Feb 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
Okay, let me rephrase this:
If you buy the Lightscale Swingarm, you get 8 Swingarms for the price of 2 (let's be honest here).
The shortest setting is the same length as the longer TT Swingarm, which worked extremely well on my SB5.
But - you also get the ability to stretch the wheelbase even further. This adds Stability to the bike, and moves the weight more on the front wheel.

@Marino: I did not say that this will make you any faster - but it gives you more setup possibilities, that seem to work pretty well.
Marc and Tom won the last race in Ettlingen (Superbike and Stock), but this only means that they are both very good drivers who can do a good setup on their bikes
@ Gartenzwerg
Thanks to the timely response, are aware of what happens by moving the rear wheel up and stretching are in agreement that makes the bike more stable but much slower than in curve (Law of the compass) in both slow and fast turns me no agility, increased stability in braking ..
It is incorrect that the first hole corresponds to the original TT fork length because I myself and those Lightscale start at a point further back 1/2mm.
However, for me not to be any advantage because the weight distribution should be smeared on a motorcycle in a balanced 1:1 motion has no much difference between the front and rear axle and center of gravity and center of gravity, so it's useless to have the ability to have 8 different forks if they do not give you advantage.
I think so, then the response will give the track.
Then each one is free to think as he wishes I have done several tests and from these I am not aware that the solution of such a long swingarm gives advantages in terms of lap times, I repeat everything must be proportionate to the centers of gravity of the bike and not unbalanced or front or rear
Best regards. Marino
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
362 Posts
dear marino,

all theorys you explain may be wright but our long term tests showed different results.

please take in consideration also other setup changes to the original bike like our lightscale slimline front end and a different front caster.

this all together allowed us to improve the performance of the sb-5 bike by far.

the lightscale rear swingarm offers 5 different wheelbases and 2 different positions of each wheelbase to choose the ride height.

in fact and in oposite to the theory we achive the best cornering by using the longest wheelbase. it might sound strange but you then have the highest corner speed and you get the lowest leaning angle.

not all our customers use this setup but still they have the oportunity to use the shorter wheelbases. the shortest one our swing arm offers is slightly longer than the original wheelbase and if you still like to setup shorter, there is enough space to drill more wholes yourself.

in the end our swingarm "just" offers you more oportunityes and it is up to you if anf how to use them.

people report me that the riccione track is very special and anything i experienced before would not count there. i still do not know if i will be able to attend the world championchip but if i do so i am pretty confident to again proove a good performance of our lightscale swing arm and other hopup parts.

and please allwas note that happy customers are more important than winning races...................if you can have both fine but the race victories are just an addon that comes second
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:57 AM
ITALY
Joined Feb 2007
90 Posts
Dear Clark,
was not my intention to engage you in discussion because it is obvious that you defend your product, but I wanted impressions of pilots using these forks because surely they know what to give more or less the original configuration used until recently.
I respect your opinion but I think if you allow me too partisan .... I am convinced that you're working to make a product that meets the requirements of SB5 but since we also I'm working for two years if you allow me I should have a little experience more ..... and I guarantee you will not do it for a purpose because I did not gain your economic strength nor the intention to put it in competition with any mine is pure passion.
The track riccione particular??? A track like so many others do not have any special needs to be guided and to be put in place much of the cycling bike nothing else.
You say that the customer must be satisfied and no matter win, but then I ask you a question because you are entrusting to riders who are world champions, to test and advertise your tires and your spare??
I'll explain ... I manage to impose itself in a World Championship makes the bands sell fuchsia that puts in motion a winner regardless of whether the product is valid or not, and mind you I'm not criticizing the quality of your products, but it seems right that if my experience on the SB5 led me to considerations other than those that states you I can express them freely.
I'm sorry if I appear to be angry with you or another but I guarantee that it is not and only a matter of principle and of different viewpoints
Best Regards Marino
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
362 Posts
dear marino,

do not worry, all is fine. i have not problem with different opinions and i do respect your work.

i hope to meet you at the world championchip in riccione and we will then discuss on the track, which ideas work better.

by the way..............can you run without crashbars ?
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Last edited by Clark Wohlert; Jul 04, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Apr 2007
472 Posts
Clark,Marino......i think its great that you are both pushing the bounderies of RC biking,,as edi has done........it can only make rc biking even better!!

Cant wait for the worlds now!!
symon is online now Find More Posts by symon