HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Just this morning the good mailman brought me a couple of pairs of Clark's finest!
(http://www.clark-s.de/artikel/pmt/65...heck_bike.html)
These are to be tested in said conditions, starting maybe the coming Sunday, during our first RCGT race of the year...

I will test the water solution, too. I am very curious!!!
Are those the ones with the dog-poo inserts?

-Rskip
rskip is online now Find More Posts by rskip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
they certainly dont smell like ones!!!!
I believe that they are PMT200's, with the Italian "multicolored" hard inserts and white TT wheels.
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,197 Posts
I use Paragon (wintergreen stuff) occasionally at the track with PMTs, and it does help the tires get up to temp quicker, especially on cooler days. What's key, though, is to give it ample time (10-15 minutes, IIRC) to dry after wiping it off, or else it is like riding on snot. So it's not something you do at the last minute before heading to the driver's stand.

When our race days are with the 1:5 cars, our tires often come on the track at the end of a run a larger diameter than they started with from picking up all the tiny marbles from the big cars' rubber. I've got a picture of that somewhere...
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
[QUOTE=Guidoracer;20380647]I use Paragon (wintergreen stuff) occasionally at the track with PMTs, and it does help the tires get up to temp quicker, especially on cooler days. What's key, though, is to give it ample time (10-15 minutes, IIRC) to dry after wiping it off, or else it is like riding on snot. So it's not something you do at the last minute before heading to the driver's stand.

When our race days are with the 1:5 cars, our tires often come on the track at the end of a run a larger diameter than they started with from picking up all the tiny marbles from the big cars' rubber. I've got a picture of that somewhere...[/QUOTE]

Imagine those marbles on your bike tires......lol......welcome to the carpet track Lito!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:35 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Imagine those marbles on your bike tires......lol......welcome to the carpet track Lito!
I AM talking about them being on the bike tires. You have to peel all the flattened marbles off after every run.

I'll try to find that picture later.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:58 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
I AM talking about them being on the bike tires. You have to peel all the flattened marbles off after every run.

I'll try to find that picture later.
MY BAD!! lolol.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
356 Posts
hi all,

the ready glued tyres by clarks modelsport ( my company obviously ) use the massari inserts, pmt tyres and thunder tiger rims.

please do not be irritated by the smell of the tyres. the last couple of batches pmt supplied all smelled like this and offer the same performance as they did before.

as it is a hard job to glue the tyres with the massari inserts, we descided to offer the tyres with this insert ready glued.

gluing tyres is clarks modelsports main business since more than ten years and we also offer our own range of tyres for large scale f1 cars.

it took us some time to build the tools and mashines to offer a perfect gluing for the mini bike tyres but now it is ready and running.

only we did not expect such a huge demand and are sold out right now but tyres and inserts are expected to be supplied soon.

best regards
clark wohlert
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:26 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
Clark, the tires do NOT smell at all! It was a joke, I believe!!!!!!!!
There is just a small scent of glue, upon opening the bag, which seems natural, I guess, but this has eliminated completely, once they are out on the bike.

And they are perfectly round... So far, I ve tested with hand power: Pushing the wheels on the bike, holding it in the air! It's raining, two days, now, so, I can't really test them on the track!!!!
Oh oh... it started snowing now... great!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Jun 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Clark, the tires do NOT smell at all! It was a joke, I believe!!!!!!!!
Yes, it was a joke based on what edi said other drivers were referring to the inserts. I am sure this is due to the appearance more than the smell.

-rskip
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
356 Posts
hi all,

joke or not, fact is that the massari inserts have a certain smell and the nlast batches of pmt ryres have a different smell as did have before.

i will check the taste of them when ir receive the next shipment
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2005
218 Posts
Need some info regarding the carbon chassie. I just picked up the RTR and was looking thru the hop-ups. I have compared the 'pro' and the 'rtr' and was wondering what advantages the 'pro' chassie bits do. Is it a 'must have' upgrade, or should I just stick with tyres for now?
SAL45 is offline Find More Posts by SAL45
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Sal, if i were to say anything, get the Slipper set. WHen you brake stuff replace it with the Carbon stuff. Pmt's are a must. Everyone here uses the 200's but come summer the 100s will probably be best, for about 6 minutes then you have to drive the bike in a manner that keeps the tires cool. At least our track is like that with the GPV's.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Jun 2006
292 Posts
Tires are definitely the biggest upgrade. If you will be racing with it, I would also recommend the front brake kit. If you are new to bikes, I would recommend running without it for a while just to get a feel for how rear only works. This helps later when setting up bias. Front brakes will let you open it up quite a bit more on the back straight without worrying too much about making the next curve.

-rskip
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:36 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2005
218 Posts
Thanks Clay & Rskip. I will look into the slipper and tyres for sure. I had the FM1e and NF's but just used the brake in the esc. Thanks for the tips!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2005
218 Posts
Quick question on the scratch bars for the RTR. What is a good length to start with? There are none already cut, so I'm not sure what length! Learning more everyday here reading on these boards too!