HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:54 PM
Joined Sep 2011
34 Posts
I have a little question

On the SB5 do you guys reduce the maximum steering angle mechanical on the bike or just on the transmitter? I dont use very much steering on the bike so the dual rate is very low that is why i am asking
Foodie is offline Find More Posts by Foodie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2011, 02:07 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
662 Posts
I use both ways.

Edi's "Triple Clamp One Piece" reduces the mechanical angle, and I use dual-rate to suit the track and my driving style.
Reducing it mechanically also helps a little if you have lots of headshake.
A balanced front wheel is a must, too
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Dec 02, 2011, 10:55 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmotor View Post
Cheers Edi. But I'm guessing the zh front fork (should have mentioned I am using that before) is spaced differently to the standard.
Okay I didnt know that. But the Measurements still apply also with this fork.
By the way looking at the picture I think you will get trouble some time once you increase the leaning angle of the bike. The screws seem to protude far out and will get hooked up with the curbs sooner or later.
edi.winter is online now Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Dec 03, 2011, 12:11 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
SB5 carpet

Moved other post here for comments or suggestions.
Sb5 my own (lonely) dots day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting to get a handle on doping the PMT 200's on carpet. Trying to find the best technique of when to apply, and how long to let the tire compound set before running. The best working stuff so far is the Corally "Jack The Gripper" but it's real slippery for a full 4 or 5 minutes and getting better as you run, then holds consistantly (nowhere near as well as clean black top) for 15 minutes, then lets go almost instantly and I have to stop running for lack of traction. . Any suggestions on where to buy foam donuts so I can mount and grind my own tires? Here's some of the middle good minutes.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=246760475387356
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:52 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Kit tires

Anyone wanting to get rid of the SB5 kit tires "cheep"? I can Pay Pal ya the bucks. If they're mounted straight on rims, even better
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:58 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
293 Posts
omg - why would you want those pos
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:46 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskip View Post
omg - why would you want those pos
I said "CHEEP" didn't I! LoL, I been workin' on some secret potion and cutting and grinding and stuff. Let ya know if I find the right chemistry! Did I mention NASCAR. TopDave
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:36 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
You can have my stock SB5 tyres for free, just pay the shipping from OZ if you like... Can't see it being more the $10.00...
Would be good to see if you can get them working...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Hi, Sorry to butt in, I'm new to 2 wheel RC, I bought a kit of SB5 by Thunder Tiger, I think I set it wrong because it won't run straight, it keeps slamming on its side, I use mamba 5700 KV motor and SC10 Esc. I put a low profile servo, the tires glued on rear wheels any suggestion for setting up right?
SB5speed is offline Find More Posts by SB5speed
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:08 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
If it will stay going straight without turning it, its probably the servo speed from right to left being different. If it just keeps leaning with out you touching the radio it may be trimmed wrong or the rear belt tensioner could be different from right to left, making the rear wheel not striaght to the chassis.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:11 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Or you need to turn down your steering dual-rate.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:35 AM
Copenhagen, Danmark
Joined Dec 2009
37 Posts
Or you need to revert the streering i.e. turn right on TX turns frontwheel left thereby shifting wheight of the bike to the right forcing it to want to turn that way!
gnilre is offline Find More Posts by gnilre
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:25 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
You can have my stock SB5 tyres for free, just pay the shipping from OZ if you like... Can't see it being more the $10.00...
Would be good to see if you can get them working...
Yeah Lukey, it would be nice to get them working somehow. I'm trying to get them to work on carpet and so far the stockers work better than the PMT 200's on it. I've used a couple of different tire traction compounds on the 200s with one of them working much better than the other. So far with the stockers: right out of the bag they hooked up pretty fair with no compound at all, and a little better with the same compound as the one that worked best on the 200s. then I roughed up the stockers with 150 grit sanding cloth to "break them in" and MUCH better traction showed up! since then I carved "V" shaped traction grooves in the tires in the rear with a dremel with a cutoff wheel and a simple linear groove around the front tire about 3 or 4 mm's from each outside edge
and picked up some more. During these last steps I began using Simple Green detergent to wash the tires before each run, and to my amazement, I can run the bike a solid 15 minutes without the tires giving up. Granted , it's not like on clean asphalt, but in my opinion they are raceable right now on carpet!
The reason I wanted more stock tires is so I can experiment with different tire traction compounds and traction groove shapes, just to see what works best.

Thanks so much for your offer to send your stock tires! But it's too much hassle for you to package and ship them just to save me a buck or two! I can have my local hobby shop order them with his regular order for me. Plus maybe you can cut some grooves in them and let us know how they work on a real track! Thanks again, Dave
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:50 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,341 Posts
On the topic of tires, I found this on the German RC-Motorradforum.de:

http://www.clark-s.de/artikel/pmt/65...heck_bike.html

A VERY interesting idea and very comforting for guys like me, that cant glue a front tire ever correctly!!!!! Yes, I'm about to order a couple, very soon!!!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Dec 09, 2011, 03:58 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Cool find, Stelios. I want to see what that insert looks like!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer