HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:52 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
for the swingarm play... check the instructions to make sure that you have your flaged bearings installed in the correct direction (the flanges should be towards the inside of the frame plates).

yes i can tell you all something about the kit tires... they suck we only included them in the kit due to some dealer's requests. they're basically only RTR grade rubber. nowhere near as good as PMT 100 or 200. if you plan to only play with your bike on the street then the kit tires are ok. if you plan to go on a racetrack then don't waste your rims by glueing these tires on.
It seems a shame to include such bad tires in the kit, why is this? you could sell the bike cheaper and let us sort out the tires, and I thought the tires were bolted on with bead locks looking at the photos
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:23 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
813 Posts
anyone having an issue with the steering dampeners. I believe I'm getting closer to the right amount of oil in the dampeners. I'm getting uneven steering it either pulls right or left after adjusting the trim on the fly. Then at slow speeds the dampeners are going from right to left and then left to right, they fluctuating from side to side. Any feedback would help and I'm using 35 wt assoc.
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:28 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
It seems a shame to include such bad tires in the kit, why is this? you could sell the bike cheaper and let us sort out the tires, and I thought the tires were bolted on with bead locks looking at the photos
The crappy tires included adds less than $1 to the cost of the kit. Although the targeted customer for this bike are the hardcore racers, there are some who won't take it out to the track. So we included some tires so they can at least get going without having to buy a set in addition to the kit. Like I said the kit tires practically add nothing to the cost.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:30 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,110 Posts
Check that the steering runs 100% free, try how it runs without the springs and empty shocks. You should only feel slight to no resistance, it should easily flip side to side. Try with springs and empty shocks. Move the fork to one side and let go, the fork should flip back to the middle position and then oscilate left to right 4 to 5 times. THEN its free of any friction. If it doesnt, try to drive the bike without any oil in the shocks.

Or try THIS:
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
The trick I want to learn is how to get one in the USA...
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Jul 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
The trick I want to learn is how to get one in the USA...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:15 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
apparently yes... some $$$$. $$$ in shipping from the UK, Spain, or Germany.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 03:02 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
apparently yes... some $$$$. $$$ in shipping from the UK, Spain, or Germany.
thats true the cost isnt that bad, its the shipping getting it here.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:18 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
I have posted on the other thread but thought I would ask on this one as well, I started building mine yesterday but the layshaft has the Pulley locating pin hole drilled off centre so when you try to fit the pulley the pin pulls it over one side and it runs a mile out of true any one else had this problem ? as it will be impossible to run the bike like this, I am hoping to get another layshaft.
Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
mp-
Napa, California
Joined Jan 2004
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
anyone having an issue with the steering dampeners. ...
I was not thrilled with the 'smoothness' of the dampers, and could not get consistent action without fiddling with seal cap torque, etc.

I replaced the dampers with a type similar to the dampers used in the Cro-Mo fork. They have a double o-ring seal and a supple diaphragm. Mmm, buttery.

mp-
mp- is offline Find More Posts by mp-
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:24 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp- View Post
I was not thrilled with the 'smoothness' of the dampers, and could not get consistent action without fiddling with seal cap torque, etc.

I replaced the dampers with a type similar to the dampers used in the Cro-Mo fork. They have a double o-ring seal and a supple diaphragm. Mmm, buttery.

mp-
Yeah, I spent hours just on the steering dampers, they work better now but still not really happy with them, guess there will be an option part out soon, but the layshaft is the thing that is holding me up with the build, cant do any more till I get a new one
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:48 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i'm not surprised with the poor machine parts quality. big portion of why i left TT.

for the steering damper you can use the Associated 1:18 scale rear dampers bodies. they're identical in bore and length. just use the SB5 steering damper shafts and TT shock cap bladder with the AE shock body set. i think now the AE dampers come with red silicone o-rings instead of the black rubber ones. if you switch to these make sure it has the red o-rings. also make sure it's the REAR AE damper bodies (fronts won't work).

http://67.199.85.166/main/productdet...ory=4002.18bxx

Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
also, as a temporary fix with the TT steering dampers you can install just one o-ring per damper. it'll leak slowly but it's not too bad. not the ideal solution but it'll get you going for the time being.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:35 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,840 Posts
This is not really good enough is it, it took so long for this bike to come out I thought all this would be sorted, and to say you have to buy shocks from another manufacturer just makes it worse
Last edited by steve bisco; Jul 25, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
sweden
Joined Jan 2008
139 Posts
I dont think the steering dampers is that bad.Ok,it needs to be worked on.I polished the shaft and sanded off some edges on the piston.And i did the same work on the front and rear dampers to.And i added some o-rings greas on the o-rings and filled them with 35 wt silicone oil.I also added two washers in front of the steering dampers springs to get some preload on the springs.Its about 1mm now.The preload vary depending what servo you are using.I must say that i realy like this bike.
HASSE.D is offline Find More Posts by HASSE.D