HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2011, 11:58 AM
northants uk
Joined Jan 2011
30 Posts
Cheers Lukey,
I've been looking at that all day as i thought it couldn't be right as the steering has loads of play before touching springs(my first bike build)and started to really puzzle me.
Should the steering respond to the servo straight away? any pics you could show me please?

Gaz
Gaz65 is offline Find More Posts by Gaz65
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
291 Posts
Hey Gaz,

I had the same issue and ended up using some of the shock o-rings to take up the extra space. In the picture they are between the washer and ball cup. Steering was still a little slow so I up-ed the steering curve on the radio until I was satisfied.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:12 PM
northants uk
Joined Jan 2011
30 Posts
Cheers for the photo,i'll have a go in the morning about putting it right.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 05:07 AM
Joined Oct 2007
14 Posts
What battery connectors are you guys using?
silverstorm is offline Find More Posts by silverstorm
Old Feb 05, 2011, 07:20 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
92 Posts
Here is mine batt connectors

Appel82 is offline Find More Posts by Appel82
Old Feb 06, 2011, 06:44 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
This morning was a very bright sunhine warm weather, so I decided to pull my KTM200 out of hibernation and do a little servicing... Washed it, dried it, cleaned and lubed air filter, replaced brake and coolant fluids, took it for a 10km asphalt/dirt ride, then I changed the gearbox oil (warmed engine) and got it ready for next Sunday's trail ride! Well, I didn't change the clutch fluid because I don't have the appropriate fluid... Sometime during the week... a 5 minute job it is I think!

While lubricating the swingarm and rear wheel bearings and checking for side play (still talking about the KTM!), I was thinking about the SB-5's rear swingarm, which has a slight side play. I have installed the bearings correctly, as per Torrance's (and the kit's) instructions, flanges inside, but still there's some side play... I think I will shim the axle by inerting shims between the swingarm box and the frame, on the inside. It just seems more correct to my eyes...

Any objections?!
(SB-5 still not a runner... waiting for wheels and tires to arrive this week, courtesy of Formby's and brake disc courtesy of Edi.)
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Feb 06, 2011, 09:43 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
.....I was thinking about the SB-5's rear swingarm, which has a slight side play. I have installed the bearings correctly, as per Torrance's (and the kit's) instructions, flanges inside, but still there's some side play... I think I will shim the axle by inerting shims between the swingarm box and the frame, on the inside. It just seems more correct to my eyes...

Any objections?!
(SB-5 still not a runner... waiting for wheels and tires to arrive this week, courtesy of Formby's and brake disc courtesy of Edi.)
Most drivers go through the hassle of shimming "in there" its fiddly. Thats why I went and designed the "BOX" swingarm in such a way that the shims are not needed. That gives a additional 1mm each side on the swingarmbearing distance. The further they are appart the better. Hope to get feedback on the redesign from the spanish Team Driver once that works I will release that part to public. He smashed the first one in no time.. *damn*

I sent the disc 31.Jan. hope you get them soon....
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:00 AM
Joined Aug 2007
35 Posts
Hey Gaz where are you in Northants. We practice at Moto Arena, Silverstone on friday nights. You'll have to come down and join us.
nippy57 is offline Find More Posts by nippy57
Old Feb 07, 2011, 11:50 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
Late afternoon the mailman left a couple of notes, so tomorrow morning I'm getting wheels from Formby AND new disc brakes from Edi! Yooooopi!
SB5 back in action, then!
Old Feb 07, 2011, 11:59 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
92 Posts
What is the best way for me to come over to Moto Arena, Silverstone from London airport ?? (Sweden to London and Silverstone)
Any cheep train or buss from London ??

Thanks !
Appel82 is offline Find More Posts by Appel82
Old Feb 07, 2011, 01:35 PM
northants uk
Joined Jan 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nippy57 View Post
Hey Gaz where are you in Northants. We practice at Moto Arena, Silverstone on friday nights. You'll have to come down and join us.
Live in kettering so not far away,would love to come along,just finished building it but need to have it checked over,being totally new to it ihave a lot to learn

Gaz
Old Feb 08, 2011, 02:01 AM
Joined Aug 2007
35 Posts
Hi Appel82. The easiest way is M25 to M1 down to Juntion 15A which is the A43. Head towwards Oxford on the A43 for about 6miles and the Silverstone exit is off the A43. Probably take you about 2 hours from London Airport as long as there is'nt too much traffic.

Hi Gaz, Ketterings not far, come down on friday night and we can help you set up your bike. Its a very laid back night but good practice. I get there about 5-30. It will cost you 8 quid to practice and you can arrive earlier if you want.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 02:03 AM
Joined Aug 2007
35 Posts
Hi Appel dont know about buses but no train sevice to Silverstone. If you wanted to do one of the meetings we hold you can check out the dates and details on moto-5.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:44 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
So... here's my new front disc brake... While adjusting the heated caliper I also realized I had my channel 3 reversed and the servo rotated the wrong way, compared to Torrance's advice earlier in a sketch, on this thread...
I had to heat the caliper a few times, and test fit it on the forks, so that the bolts holding the pads in place won't hit the hub spokes. I managed to do it with Edi's dimensions of the previous page...

I also found that I have lost a piece of the front wheel hub, and the two metal studs that go with it, so I measured the other ones, and cut two new studs from a very long HPI (truck probably!) 3mm wide turnbuckle! They fit nicely and you can't tell the difference!

I still have to route the brake servo cable and it's ready to hit the track!
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:46 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,107 Posts
seems your having fun, I am going to the track in a hour too
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter