HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:30 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDAIDI View Post
hi there. have some question [set up sb5 5.5t brushless ]
1] my batts wouldnt fit perfectly to use the batt cover. keep scraping off the hardcase pack[turnigy 5000 40c 139Lx46Hx26W.
2] WHAT BATTS U GUYS RUNNING?ANY RECOMENDATIONS.?
3]WHAT IS THE PREFFERED TYRES FOR R/C TRACKS SLICKS/ GROOVES/SHORE?
3]DO U GUYS USE TYRE COMPOUNDS.?
4]PINIONS FOR 87T SPURS/93T SPURS
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE. JUST GOT INTO R/C BIKE [AWESOME]
ME INTO 1/10 GP RACING.MINI-Z N NOW R/C BIKE...CHEERS FROM Sngapore R/C [TEAM BAD COMPANY]
1.+2.)We (TT RC Bike Team Austria) use the Reedy 5000+mAh Hardpacks
or the LRP/Nosram 5900mAh Hardpacks, or the Ace RC 5000s, any Hardpack with the 4mm Contacts (flush to the pack in the corners)
If you are scraping off the front left and right corners you need to set up the bike properly. Dont let the suspension sink in so far.
3.a)Most of the serious racers use the PMT Tires: from soft(cold) to hard(hot)
200, 010, 100, 020, 030(for the annual Death Valley charity races *lol*)
3.b)If you are asking about fluids for tire treatment: yes I do but only under certain circumstances on certain tires (no further information sorry)
4.)check here

Nice to "see" the far east slowly getting the hang of RC-Bikes too. Lots of fun!!
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:08 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
regarding fluids, since I run my bike (so far the KP09, the SB5 will be back on track shortly!) usually alongside a 1/10 electric Touring Car race, I clean the tires with Wurth brake cleaner or CRC electronics cleaner (without oil) and do NOT apply anything afterwards. I squirt some cleaner onto an old t-shirt and rub the tires quite strongly. You can see dirt coming off the tire and its surface looking almost new! These cleaners seem to somehow regenerate the tires a bit and give back some traction.

In our TC's however we do add the usual additives to their rubber tires and then put tire warmers on them, but I have not tried them on the bike tires. Even in our usual dusty track, the cleaners bring back a lot of traction...
However, a tire warmer could be useful in a cold climate (I have Graham Clarke's home made ones that work excellent on the bike! End of... advertising )

Oh yes... bikes are SO MUCH fun!!!!
I show my fellow car racers a bike or two at every car race but they are still not completely convinced!!! LOL
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:28 AM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
1.+2.)we (tt rc bike team austria) use the reedy 5000+mah hardpacks
or the lrp/nosram 5900mah hardpacks, or the ace rc 5000s, any hardpack with the 4mm contacts (flush to the pack in the corners)
if you are scraping off the front left and right corners you need to set up the bike properly. Dont let the suspension sink in so far.
3.a)most of the serious racers use the pmt tires: From soft(cold) to hard(hot)
200, 010, 100, 020, 030(for the annual death valley charity races *lol*)
3.b)if you are asking about fluids for tire treatment: Yes i do but only under certain circumstances on certain tires (no further information sorry)
4.)check here

nice to "see" the far east slowly getting the hang of rc-bikes too. Lots of fun!!
thanks for the advice. Just install the long forks. Better steering.will set my droop/ride height.while waiting for some pmt 100 rubbers.
SPEEDAIDI is offline Find More Posts by SPEEDAIDI
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:40 AM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
regarding fluids, since i run my bike (so far the kp09, the sb5 will be back on track shortly!) usually alongside a 1/10 electric touring car race, i clean the tires with wurth brake cleaner or crc electronics cleaner (without oil) and do not apply anything afterwards. I squirt some cleaner onto an old t-shirt and rub the tires quite strongly. You can see dirt coming off the tire and its surface looking almost new! These cleaners seem to somehow regenerate the tires a bit and give back some traction.

In our tc's however we do add the usual additives to their rubber tires and then put tire warmers on them, but i have not tried them on the bike tires. Even in our usual dusty track, the cleaners bring back a lot of traction...
However, a tire warmer could be useful in a cold climate (i have graham clarke's home made ones that work excellent on the bike! End of... Advertising
oh yes... Bikes are so much fun!!!!
I show my fellow car racers a bike or two at every car race but they are still not completely convinced!!! Lol
thanks all . Brake cleaner.... Brilliant idea. Will need more practise n skills to convert my racing team mates. From drivers to riders....
Appreciate all the friendly n sincere advice.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:13 AM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDAIDI View Post
thanks all . Brake cleaner.... Brilliant idea. Will need more practise n skills to convert my racing team mates. From drivers to riders....
Appreciate all the friendly n sincere advice.
Hi all how do u set up bike right height besides using shocks spring tension. ?
Im using mugen 1/10 .. all round.shock oil ae 45wt/tt kit springs front n 30wt/x-ray dark blue [soft]springs rear. im also using long front[ options ].forks. w ith front break kit(servo not working properly)need to fiddle with 3rd channel set up.
any one using alu rims ?does it helps the bike handling.
Last edited by SPEEDAIDI; Jan 28, 2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: uncompleted reply
Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:15 PM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
92 Posts
Do anyone have a problem with the beltdrive ( jumping over in full trottle)
sometime in full trottle I can heare the belt jumping over. =/
Appel82 is offline Find More Posts by Appel82
Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:21 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
I have heard mine, but my experience is ONLY two batteries...
And I had set it up like the kit suggests: second notch from full forward.
To be investigated when parts will be ordered! Sorry!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:17 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
290 Posts
I had problems with the belt being noisy. After closer inspection I noticed I had glued one of the caps on the pulleys backwards. The bevel edge should be on the inside, that fixed it for me.

rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:41 AM
Copenhagen, Danmark
Joined Dec 2009
35 Posts
Cured that belt noise, on the SB5, with a couple of 6mm ball bearings, tighten up against the belt, by a piece of fibreplate, screwed to the side of the rear swing arm!
Erling.
gnilre is offline Find More Posts by gnilre
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:58 PM
Joined Oct 2007
14 Posts
Brakes ?

Hey Guys,

Im not new to bikes but this is my first electric bike so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Looking at the front brake option for my sb5 but I have discovered a problem my tx is 3 channel but ch3 It is fixed to a switch.

Is there a way to hook up the brake servo so it works like a normal brake setup (push back on the throttle) or am I better to just run with esc braking alone ??
silverstorm is offline Find More Posts by silverstorm
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:49 PM
Who needs 4 wheels..
Australia, VIC, Menzies Creek
Joined Aug 2009
771 Posts
Check to see if mixing is available in the Manual for Radio. I have a futaba 3PM radio which
has a switch for 3ch, but you can assign it to mix with 2ch (Throttle) for braking, bypassing the switch.
Roofas is online now Find More Posts by Roofas
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:31 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,654 Posts
You can also use a 'y' cable with the ESC so that when you hit the brakes on the ESC it will activate the servo
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:17 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
this last method though might produce a lot of endos... ask me how i know!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:35 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
290 Posts
Anybody else having problems with the rear end lifting up on bumps? This is happening on both braking and straight line - so I don't think its the brakes. I tried softening the rear suspension by removing all the spring pre-load and using a softer mounting point for the shock.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:10 PM
Joined Oct 2007
14 Posts
Thanks, Roofas, Akura2, Steliosh

Looks like the Y cable is my option for now, hopefully I dont become an expert at endos.

Im still waiting for my ESC/Motor combo to arrive, so no endos for a wee while.
silverstorm is offline Find More Posts by silverstorm