HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:37 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,314 Posts
Discussion
Ground Video - Passive Mono Ski - Elastic Gel Motor Mount

I was able to go flying this evening with Mrs. troynh . She was my camerawoman on the ground. It was a hazy evening... Not the greatest for stills.

Hopefully you can hear the difference using the new elastic motor mount. It's very quiet compared to a direct mount. (I turned the mic up on the ground camera which is a Canon HF100)

Ground video of the Passive Mono Ski - Elastic Motor Mount (1 min 49 sec)
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:01 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,354 Posts
Tim, the pictures are gorgeous and the video is great. I'm really amazed at how quiet the sound is. You sure live in a beautiful place.
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,314 Posts
Thanks Quail. I love rual New England!

The sound is really deceiving as I keep catching myself thinking, after say 9 or 10 minutes, that I've drained my battery because I can't hear the thing at over 200'. I've cut a handful of flights short because of this. Even two this evening. If the wind is blowing it's even harder to hear it. This is where an OSD would really come in handy!

-Tim
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:33 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Wow, that really is stealthy. Did you add in the bird and cricket sounds?
Those are some really nice shots with the suns rays poking through the haze. Mrs. troynh did a great job with the camera. I think she was standing under the same tree that you "landed" in a few weeks ago.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:36 PM
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,314 Posts
LOL... All of the background sounds are natural. You are very observant as indeed that IS the same tree I "landed" in. She forgot her sunglasses and had to stay in the shade somewhat.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:38 AM
It flew...nearly!
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
1,941 Posts
Excellent in all ways, Mrs. T is becoming a pro camerawoman!
matthew
Duck! is offline Find More Posts by Duck!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:28 AM
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,314 Posts
Thanks Matthew.

Here is a close up of the motor mount for those that haven't seen it in the other thread.
Motor Mount suspended in Elastic Gel based on Paul Thompson's design (1 min 41 sec)

It's based on Paul Thompson's design from a few years ago found here.
This shows the vibration isolation motor mount in more detail and with motor running (1 min 41 sec)