HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:42 AM
australia
Joined Jun 2010
10 Posts
Question
Skyartec wasp v3 6ch

I have a problem with the tail rotor trim creeping.I trim it to center and it keeps creeping which ever way I'm trimming also the right servo (looking from the front) connected to the swashplate only works part time,the servo twitches when powered up.Could this be a receiver problem

Andrew
adrew is offline Find More Posts by adrew
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:01 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrew View Post
I have a problem with the tail rotor trim creeping.I trim it to center and it keeps creeping which ever way I'm trimming also the right servo (looking from the front) connected to the swashplate only works part time,the servo twitches when powered up.Could this be a receiver problem

Andrew
The tail servo behavior might be normal. From the Gyro instructions:
PRE-FLIGHT TRIM ADJUSTMENT OF RUDDER
"In standard gain mode, the rudder servo will rapidly return to the neutral position when the rudder stick is released. In heading-locking mode, the rudder will creep in on direction and tend to remain at it' full travel limit.

Link to the Gyro PDF Instructions

How does it fly? When you start to lift off and the tail rotor starts to rotate fast enough, does the tail boom hold steady? I can generally trim my rudder as I bring the helicopter up to speed on the ground and just before lift off, by watching how the tail boom responds while the helicopter is still on the ground but very light on the skids.

While it could be a receiver problem with the other servo, it is not as likely as you have a servo gone bad; maybe a broken gear. This one sounds like it should be replaced.

Hope this helps

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:05 AM
australia
Joined Jun 2010
10 Posts
Thanks For your reply Max.The creeping of the tail rotor does look to be normal as you say.I plugged a different servo in and it worked OK looks like the original must have died.
Thanks again

Andrew
adrew is offline Find More Posts by adrew