HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2005
75 Posts
Hi I'm looking for info on Hacker motor for this plane. The A60-20s mentioned on EF's website don't seem to be mentioned much here. Instead the A60-6XS is what I found after searching the thread.

Is the A60-6XS the now recommended Hacker motor? I fly in some winds most times I suppose I can do with more power and weight.

Thanks for advising!
protyne is offline Find More Posts by protyne
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protyne View Post
Hi I'm looking for info on Hacker motor for this plane. The A60-20s mentioned on EF's website don't seem to be mentioned much here. Instead the A60-6XS is what I found after searching the thread.

Is the A60-6XS the now recommended Hacker motor? I fly in some winds most times I suppose I can do with more power and weight.

Thanks for advising!
I use the hacker a50-14l V1 350KV with a 20x10 Xoar on 6 cell. This pulls upto about 90 amps and the motor comes down cool.

Decent performance with plenty of vertical from a prop hang .
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
Here's Herc at one of my old stomping grounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747VnBXCiWQ
Awesome thanks
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:27 AM
Registered User
United States, OR, Echo
Joined Dec 2012
140 Posts
Excellent Flying !

Wow, this is impressive flying ! I like it all but what really topped off the flight was that short slip to landing right before he set it down. That guy is a pro. Do you know what motor, ESC, battery combo he is using?
3 Mistakes High is offline Find More Posts by 3 Mistakes High
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:43 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Mistakes High View Post
Wow, this is impressive flying ! I like it all but what really topped off the flight was that short slip to landing right before he set it down. That guy is a pro. Do you know what motor, ESC, battery combo he is using?
That's an easy one. Go to the very first post on this thread. That's your man and that's the setup. The Axi motor on 7 cells.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protyne View Post
Hi I'm looking for info on Hacker motor for this plane. The A60-20s mentioned on EF's website don't seem to be mentioned much here. Instead the A60-6XS is what I found after searching the thread.

Is the A60-6XS the now recommended Hacker motor? I fly in some winds most times I suppose I can do with more power and weight.

Thanks for advising!
BTW -- I was looking for an electric setup on this plane and will take one of two options. The Hacker A60-7S V2 is one of their new 28 pole motors, and a friend of mine just put it in his 71 Slick with 10S 4000's and a 20x10 Xoar. Nice efficient power and the plane came in at 10.97 pounds.

A power thread contributor suggested a 12S setup that seems like a great idea. The Motrolfly DM4330 custom wound to a 216Kv on 2x 6S 3300's should be about the same weight as the A60 on 10S 4000's. With a 20x8 prop, the setup will out-perform the 10S setup by no less than 400 Watts and do it on a few less Amps, so a relatively equal flight time. My friend with the Slick has his timer set to 8 minutes, but I'd really be happy with anything over 6 minutes, considering the power, efficiency, and the fact that I can use the same batteries as I use in the 60 EXPs... only two.

I have had a lot of success with the 28 pole Hackers and I would have no problem going either way, but I live in Florida where heat in the summer is an issue, and 90-plus Amps on 6S and the short flight time is kill-factor for me, plus I have no 5S 4000's. Plenty of 5S 5000's, but that would make the plane a bit porky if I went with the 7S without buying new batteries.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:53 AM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Here's some 8s flying from today.

EF 70" Extra300 (5 min 52 sec)
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:57 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Here's some 8s flying from today.

https://vimeo.com/60225124
Nice Rog... looks like you're throwing down with the 48. Seems powerful and flies light.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Nice Flying! What is happening 1minute 10 seconds ish. I.e. What is it called and how do I do it?

Cheers
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci View Post
Nice Flying! What is happening 1minute 10 seconds ish. I.e. What is it called and how do I do it?

Cheers
Cook i,
That's a crankshaft or lomcevac.

Take a look at some of the tutorials in the 3d section.

Once you get the hang of it it's a great trick, looks and sounds great and is pretty easy once you get the sticks sorted out.

Daniel Holman does them in the 91" and 104" extra videos he posted recently.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Cook i,
That's a crankshaft or lomcevac.

Take a look at some of the tutorials in the 3d section.

Once you get the hang of it it's a great trick, looks and sounds great and is pretty easy once you get the sticks sorted out.

Daniel Holman does them in the 91" and 104" extra videos he posted recently.
Thanks.

So I think I need to get the model into a knife edge using right rudder then drop the throttle and apply full right rudder, right aileron and down elevator?
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:33 AM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Not quite.

I enter them from left aileron, full throttle, right rudder, down elevator and centre ailerons.
Pulse throttle to maintain rotations.

Or something like that.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Got it thanks (on the sim)

I will practice it for real later today
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:38 AM
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2011
722 Posts
Hey guys, I have one of these on the way and will be going with an electric drive setup (Hacker A60 series). Anyway I've been looking at servo options for the elevator halves. For 3D I'll be shooting for 50~55 degrees elevator deflection. For heavy 3D use how are the HS-5245MG servos holding up over time, i.e. 800 ~ 900 flights per season?

Anyone using a little bit heavier elevator servos, maybe something with slop-free titanium gears?
3DeltaFly is offline Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2013, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DeltaFly View Post
Hey guys, I have one of these on the way and will be going with an electric drive setup (Hacker A60 series). Anyway I've been looking at servo options for the elevator halves. For 3D I'll be shooting for 50~55 degrees elevator deflection. For heavy 3D use how are the HS-5245MG servos holding up over time, i.e. 800 ~ 900 flights per season?

Anyone using a little bit heavier elevator servos, maybe something with slop-free titanium gears?
Im using the hacker a50-12l v1 with a xoar 20x10 and couldn't imagine needing anymore power than that. Flight times are excellent also getting about 6 to 7 minutes from 4000mah of charge (6 cell)


Also I read the hitecs 5245 are a little hit and miss so I got some corona 339 hv and very pleased so far (running at 7.6v)
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 8461 Sep 18, 2014 11:54 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 400 Jun 04, 2014 10:18 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP!?!?!? Safety Hawk 3D Flying 104 Sep 10, 2012 11:33 AM
Sold NEW IN BOX Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP ARF 48" red - will ship xraydoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jan 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM