HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
Registered User
ROT8's Avatar
Montreal, Canada
Joined Nov 2003
270 Posts
I couldn't resist ;)

Just ordered a DX18QQ !!!
ROT8 is offline Find More Posts by ROT8
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
I have the 350kv on mine I believe. It's awesome. 380 would be better but I wanted it wound a little lower. Need a good set of batteries now!! Mine are about 2 years old.
I'm bringing mine to SEFF again if I can make it. How do you like it on 6s? I've always flew mine on 8s. I imagine it's a bit floatier.
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT8 View Post
Just ordered a DX18QQ !!!
I am holding out for the Futaba 14sg. 14 channels all the time without additional x-plus rx's and satellite rx's all over the place.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Mar 2008
78 Posts
Hi guys,

I,m been doing some reading and homework here on RCGroups, and am really impressed with the amount of quality information being provided.
Very green with electric setups and looking for some advice before ordering the components, for the Extreme Flight 70" Extra EXP.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on my going with a Hacker A60-6XS motor, CC 120HV ESC and 19x10 APCe on Pulse Ultra 45c 5000mah packs? I already have a number of these batteries and can source the other parts locally.
Another possible option would be using the same motor/ESC combo on Pulse Ultra 45c 5000mah 7S packs. I,m looking to get these packs for my heli and am wondering would a switch to a APCe 18x10 prop be the way to go.
Thanks
Dave
DLEVETT is offline Find More Posts by DLEVETT
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEVETT View Post
Hi guys,


Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on my going with a Hacker A60-6XS motor, CC 120HV ESC and 19x10 APCe on Pulse Ultra 45c 5000mah packs? I already have a number of these batteries and can source the other parts locally.
Another possible option would be using the same motor/ESC combo on Pulse Ultra 45c 5000mah 7S packs. I,m looking to get these packs for my heli and am wondering would a switch to a APCe 18x10 prop be the way to go.
Thanks
Dave
IMO I would go Motrofly 4325 310kv on 8s 19x8 prop with 40c 5000Mah. That gives me about 9 minutes of mixed flying. 18x10 is okay but go with the 19x8. You will like it better. The Motrofly is much cheaper and would probably be a better choice as I like the fact that Ken at Subsonic planes can do personalized custom work. If you need any more help PM me and I'll help anyway I can. Check out the 4325 series and wind options: http://www.subsonicplanes.com/Motrolfly_Motors.html
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,265 Posts
You can also run the new 4330 motor. It has a little more power than the 43245.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEVETT View Post
...
Very green with electric setups...

Dave,

Do not base your decision on going electric because you think it is "green." This is a huge misconception IMO. From everything I understand, while you may not be polluting the environment and using a natural resource (gasoline) for each flight; the process of making lipo batteries can be absolutely devastating on the environment.

As most of these packs are made overseas where there is less stringent regulation, the manufacturing process is not always sensitive to environmental waste. This also applies to all those "green" electric vehicles; everyone thinks they are saving the world, but do not really understand all the pollutants involved to manufacture the batteries... just my perspective based on what I have read via google searches, I am not a scientist by any means but I suggest doing some research on the subject.

That said, electrics do have their benefits: no tuning of engine, no cleaning, no smells, excellent power with todays technology, etc.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
It's gone...
_OZ_'s Avatar
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,105 Posts
not to mention battery disposal.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Even that isn't fast enough
United States, OK, Edmond
Joined Sep 2004
283 Posts
Pretty sure he meant he is green with electric setups as in he has little experience with them.
why_fly_high is offline Find More Posts by why_fly_high
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_fly_high View Post
pretty sure he meant he is green with electric setups as in he has little experience with them.
ah lol!!!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:22 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
You can also run the new 4330 motor. It has a little more power than the 43245.
The 4325 310kv is more than enough power. Why the 4330?
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:40 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043 View Post
The 4325 310kv is more than enough power. Why the 4330?
Who doesn't want more power?

Naw, but seriously, it runs a little cooler and puts out a little more power. Some people are even running the 5320 with the lightened motor mount on 8s in the 71'' Slick and loving it. I went 6s so i decided to go with the 4330-435 with 19x8. Either motor will work great!

The 4330 is a little longer than the 4325 though.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Who doesn't want more power?

Naw, but seriously, it runs a little cooler and puts out a little more power. Some people are even running the 5320 with the lightened motor mount on 8s in the 71'' Slick and loving it. I went 6s so i decided to go with the 4330-435 with 19x8. Either motor will work great!

The 4330 is a little longer than the 4325 though.
I have a 1/4 inch gap with the 4325. I can't imagine having much more as it has tons of power. I hover less than half throttle on 8s 19x8 prop. It's crazy! I bet those Slicks are nasty on vertical.
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:54 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,265 Posts
If you saw the thread for what's your favorite plane size losi posted this about his 30cc planes with 5320,

"I love the 30cc size too. 6s doesn't give me the power l like though. I like the same power to weight ratio of the smaller planes but in a bigger size. 8s, 22lbs of thrust, and 3k watts in a 10 lbs plane. Oh yeah!"

Sounds fun I'd love to put one of those suckers in this plane on 8s. 1/4 spinner gap is getting pretty big already though. I like stupid power, the 4325 is definitely no slouch
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
If you saw the thread for what's your favorite plane size losi posted this about his 30cc planes with 5320,

"I love the 30cc size too. 6s doesn't give me the power l like though. I like the same power to weight ratio of the smaller planes but in a bigger size. 8s, 22lbs of thrust, and 3k watts in a 10 lbs plane. Oh yeah!"

Sounds fun I'd love to put one of those suckers in this plane on 8s. 1/4 spinner gap is getting pretty big already though. I like stupid power, the 4325 is definitely no slouch
To alleviate some of the gap I got a spinner that recesses back.
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 8572 Today 06:52 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 400 Jun 04, 2014 10:18 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP!?!?!? Safety Hawk 3D Flying 104 Sep 10, 2012 11:33 AM
Sold NEW IN BOX Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP ARF 48" red - will ship xraydoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jan 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM