HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcpicard View Post
Anyone know what length standoffs I will need for a motrofly 4325?
Thanks
Do a search for Powerlines posts in this thread. He posted what he did on his. Im not sure if he doubled up on some short standoffs or just washers lol
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, LA, West Monroe
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
Mine has the shorter motor box and the threads I read of his were the longer motor box, just hoping someone already had the length so I could order some stand offs while I was waiting on my motor
spcpicard is offline Find More Posts by spcpicard
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:15 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Mine has the shorter motor box and the threads I read of his were the longer motor box, just hoping someone already had the length so I could order some stand offs while I was waiting on my motor
Message me the measurements of your motor box and I'll try to figure out what length you need since I have the Motrofly 4325
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,330 Posts
Quote:
The total length of the motor with standoffs should be 160mm (6.29"). Measure the length of the motor and subtract this number from 160mm and this will tell you what standoff length to use.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
That would be 95mm stand offs? Any idea where to get them that length? Seems really long and a lot of stress due to leverage on the mounted ply. Doesn't seem like an ideal electric setup for something being advertised for electric. I was really impressed with the kit up to this point.
Last edited by spcpicard; Oct 27, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:12 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
That would be 95mm stand offs? Any idea where to get them that length? Seems really long and a lot of stress due to leverage on the mounted ply. Doesn't seem like an ideal electric setup for something being advertised for electric. I was really impressed with the kit up to this point.
The way EF builds their planes the length of standoffs adding stress to the motor box is unlikely. Besides, if it can hold a gasser that vibrates and weighs more than an outrunner I doubt you will have trouble. I personally own three of their planes and one in particular has taken a really bad beating and still asks for more. To be exact I have dropped it on the tail from a hover(x4), cartwheeled it(x2), landed it on the canopy, and several less than favorable landings due to wind (20+mph). Don't just assume or go off whims or assumptions. See for yourself the quality this company puts forth into these air frames and you will be surprised as to what they can handle. Am I a sponsored pilot?? NO. I just know quality when I see it and they got their S***t together. Now all I want to do is fly with minimum build time. I will never buy another kit since companies like EF provide hassle free ARF planes. Oh, and yes one of those planes is the 70" EXP and it flies great.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:33 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
double up secraft? 50+45mm? ask cmala to make you a set? ask steweT to make you set?
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043 View Post
The way EF builds their planes the length of standoffs adding stress to the motor box is unlikely. Besides, if it can hold a gasser that vibrates and weighs more than an outrunner I doubt you will have trouble. I personally own three of their planes and one in particular has taken a really bad beating and still asks for more. To be exact I have dropped it on the tail from a hover(x4), cartwheeled it(x2), landed it on the canopy, and several less than favorable landings due to wind (20+mph). Don't just assume or go off whims or assumptions. See for yourself the quality this company puts forth into these air frames and you will be surprised as to what they can handle. Am I a sponsored pilot?? NO. I just know quality when I see it and they got their S***t together. Now all I want to do is fly with minimum build time. I will never buy another kit since companies like EF provide hassle free ARF planes. Oh, and yes one of those planes is the 70" EXP and it flies great.
The quality seems top notch, all I am saying is something that requires more than 3 inch stand offs is usually larger than a 50cc gaser. Sorry but I seriously doubt that the motor box was built to handle a motor like that. I'm not comparing my motor to a 50cc, but no matter what motor u put, the longer the stand offs the more stress you are going to put small area that the stand offs are mounted to. I agree I also like to fly with minimum build time, but sourcing 3 3/4 standoffs with adequate surface area contact is not minimal build time.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
double up secraft? 50+45mm? ask cmala to make you a set? ask steweT to make you set?
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm just surprised no one else has used the motrofly 4325 and had problems using/ finding standoffs. I'll probably try to find some da50 3"mounts and add smaller spacers to get it the rest of the way, the only prob is I can't find them in stock.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
and why people allways ask for opinions, get opinions and after that still chooses something other.... (ben there, done that on more than one occasion)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,012 Posts
I'm using a A60-6XS and I needed 76mm of standoff. I used 2x evolution 38mm and drilled them out for 5mm and used M5 90mm bolts with blindnuts. For something this long you'll need to use threaded rod with nuts. I used a 4325 on a 3DHS 72" extra and had the same issue.
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:52 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
The quality seems top notch, all I am saying is something that requires more than 3 inch stand offs is usually larger than a 50cc gaser. Sorry but I seriously doubt that the motor box was built to handle a motor like that. I'm not comparing my motor to a 50cc, but no matter what motor u put, the longer the stand offs the more stress you are going to put small area that the stand offs are mounted to. I agree I also like to fly with minimum build time, but sourcing 3 3/4 standoffs with adequate surface area contact is not minimal build time.
Actually the 70 EXP is built for a 30cc or electric setup. I run the 4325 however I have the old style box. I agree that the box is a bit short for the 4325 since it is a short stumpy outrunner. My standoffs are 2 1/2". I had to add 3/8" since the old motor was 65mm in length.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
FYI mocked everything up and standoffs need to be about 87mm or a little shy of 3 1/2 inches
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
I'm using a A60-6XS and I needed 76mm of standoff. I used 2x evolution 38mm and drilled them out for 5mm and used M5 90mm bolts with blindnuts. For something this long you'll need to use threaded rod with nuts. I used a 4325 on a 3DHS 72" extra and had the same issue.
Do you happen to know the diameter of the evolution standoffs? I may go that route and get the 38mm and 50mm sucks that I'm gonna have to dish out $40 plus shipping.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
The total length of the motor with standoffs should be 160mm (6.29"). Measure the length of the motor and subtract this number from 160mm and this will tell you what standoff length to use.
doesnt get any easier than that.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1