New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:11 PM
bmoney69 is offline
Find More Posts by bmoney69
Registered User
bmoney69's Avatar
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined May 2004
473 Posts
ok, i think i've narrowed my motor selection to the following (6s setup):

Motrolfly 4325-340Kv (or 380Kv....actually not sure what one is better for 6s, i assume the higher Kv).
Hacker A50-12L

i welcome any comments.

thanks!
bmoney69 is offline Find More Posts by bmoney69
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
Aeroplayin is online now
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
8,602 Posts
I recommend that you call Ken and ask him about the 340. He has tested the motor, knows its limitations, and performance, and can give you the hard data you can count on.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:35 PM
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now
Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
HaventFlownSince2014's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,966 Posts
Bmoney~ I am flying the 6s setup and LOVE IT!
I am running a big Axi 53xx series motor, I will check tonight to see which model it is...


Picked up my repaired ship from MLT last night, and I am SO VERY IMPRESSED! Not only is everything rebuilt "rock solid", but its covering looks better than it has in years! Pics to come
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giant 66% Cub
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:49 PM
exeter_acres is offline
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Extreme Flight Tech Support
exeter_acres's Avatar
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney69 View Post
the CC Ice 100 ESC......can you disable the BEC thru programing or do you have to cut a wire?

found this in the manual for the Ice

Note: If you use a receiver battery pack or any form of an
external BEC, you MUST disconnect the RED WIRE on the
throttle cable for Phoenix, Phoenix Ice and Phoenix Ice Lite.
This does NOT include the Phoenix HV or Phoenix Ice2 HV
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:34 PM
bmoney69 is offline
Find More Posts by bmoney69
Registered User
bmoney69's Avatar
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined May 2004
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
found this in the manual for the Ice

Note: If you use a receiver battery pack or any form of an
external BEC, you MUST disconnect the RED WIRE on the
throttle cable for Phoenix, Phoenix Ice and Phoenix Ice Lite.
This does NOT include the Phoenix HV or Phoenix Ice2 HV
great....thank you!
bmoney69 is offline Find More Posts by bmoney69
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:37 PM
bmoney69 is offline
Find More Posts by bmoney69
Registered User
bmoney69's Avatar
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined May 2004
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
I recommend that you call Ken and ask him about the 340. He has tested the motor, knows its limitations, and performance, and can give you the hard data you can count on.
thanks for the info!.....um....who is Ken, and how do i reach him? is he from Subsonic? could not find a phone number anywhere on site. i did email them this am, but have not heard back.
bmoney69 is offline Find More Posts by bmoney69
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:38 PM
bmoney69 is offline
Find More Posts by bmoney69
Registered User
bmoney69's Avatar
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined May 2004
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Bmoney~ I am flying the 6s setup and LOVE IT!
I am running a big Axi 53xx series motor, I will check tonight to see which model it is...


Picked up my repaired ship from MLT last night, and I am SO VERY IMPRESSED! Not only is everything rebuilt "rock solid", but its covering looks better than it has in years! Pics to come
thanks!.....yeah if you get around to it, i'd be curious to know what Axi you have.
bmoney69 is offline Find More Posts by bmoney69
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:28 PM
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now
Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
HaventFlownSince2014's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,966 Posts
Ill be home in an hour...
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giant 66% Cub
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:47 PM
Aeroplayin is online now
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
8,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney69 View Post
thanks for the info!.....um....who is Ken, and how do i reach him? is he from Subsonic? could not find a phone number anywhere on site. i did email them this am, but have not heard back.
Ken Young at subsonicplanes.com... sales@subsonicplanes.com

I'm not sure I had a phone number, but I'll look in the emails I have from him.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
bmoney69 is offline
Find More Posts by bmoney69
Registered User
bmoney69's Avatar
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined May 2004
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
Ken Young at subsonicplanes.com... sales@subsonicplanes.com

I'm not sure I had a phone number, but I'll look in the emails I have from him.
ok, thanks....i did email him.
bmoney69 is offline Find More Posts by bmoney69
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:21 PM
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now
Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
HaventFlownSince2014's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,966 Posts
Mine is the Axi 5325/16 and I typically fly it on 6s with a 20x10 prop.
The nice thing about this setup is that should you ever want to switch to a 7s or 8s battery, all that is necessary is to prop down.
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giant 66% Cub
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:10 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney69 View Post
ok, i think i've narrowed my motor selection to the following (6s setup):

Motrolfly 4325-340Kv (or 380Kv....actually not sure what one is better for 6s, i assume the higher Kv).
Hacker A50-12L

i welcome any comments.

thanks!
Powerlines runs the 340 kv on his 70 extra and likes it. Very low amperage. I think it has "enough" power but most folk may not like it if they want gobs of grunt. I forget the prop he runs on it. The 380 on 6s with a 19x10 will straight up rock!
Either flys the plane very well tho. Just depends on what you are looking for. I may have some video around somewhere of the 340 kv.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:14 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,195 Posts
Powelines in Hodges Lake (4 min 33 sec)

HMM turn the sound off lol. may have been rum involved in some of the commentary. I have no idea who that is commentating
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:55 PM
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now
Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
HaventFlownSince2014's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,966 Posts
Dunk Contest at HHAEFI?
HaventFlownSince2014 is online now Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giant 66% Cub
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:15 PM
Manta1 is offline
Find More Posts by Manta1
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Dunk Contest at HHAEFI?
Guess who be hosting that one??
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 9138 Aug 27, 2015 12:11 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 404 Apr 14, 2015 08:07 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP!?!?!? Safety Hawk 3D Flying 104 Sep 10, 2012 11:33 AM
Sold NEW IN BOX Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP ARF 48" red - will ship xraydoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jan 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM