SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
3D crazy
dukeofearl's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Warwick
Joined Aug 2010
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dards View Post
I have just bought this plane but am interested in putting a dle30 in it. I would like to know if anyone has used dle30 in this airframe? How does the weight compare with regular electric setup say 6s 5000mah and separate BEC?
You will find some information on page 87

Regards
dukeofearl is offline Find More Posts by dukeofearl
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dards View Post
I have just bought this plane but am interested in putting a dle30 in it. I would like to know if anyone has used dle30 in this airframe? How does the weight compare with regular electric setup say 6s 5000mah and separate BEC?
A club member has this plane powered with the DLE20. He measured the thrust statically at between 15 pounds out of the box, and 18 pounds with a few modifications.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
Addicted
Parakos's Avatar
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Maiden!

Hi!

Did my maiden flight today! It went pretty well despite it being very much underpowered. Had to fly at WOT almost the whole flight plus it felt VERY HEAVY in the air (broke one wheel pant during a stalled landing...) I guess I will have to order a new motor around 370kv and go 6S instead... Only positive with this set-up is that I had well over 10min flights.

This is my set-up:

MPX RX-9 DR Pro
MPX Ampere sensor (love this one)
CC BEC Pro
EMax GT 5325/11 260kv
APC-E 20x8" prop
2x Hitec 5245MG
1x Hitec 7985MG (very nice servo with no gear play!)
2x Hitec 5625MG (ailerons)
Secraft servo arms
Secraft standoffs
2x 4S 4000mah (8S)

Here are some pics of the beauty.
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Last edited by Parakos; Jun 29, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:17 PM
It's gone...
_OZ_'s Avatar
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,105 Posts
I would think that motor has plenty of oomph and 8s is more than enough.

How did you hook up the batteries, in parallel or series?

Parallel would give you an 8000mah 4 cell (14.8V)
Series would give you a 4000mah 8 cell (29.6V)

_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Last edited by _OZ_; Jun 28, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2008
54 Posts
Question plane flys good. Only if i fly over and pull up hard my plane gos to the right.? So if i fly loops it gos to the right. If i fly straight it flys straight.


Tought mebe my elevator are not going up the sameway.
So i trimmet my right elevator some down, but stil i thit go some right so it is not the elevator i think. because if elevator right is down more plane should go more left.

I thit hang my plane on 2 lines to see if it is the same weight on both wings. how you say that in english..
Thit looks it whas oke.

Now i think my right wing is more heavy even my first test thit not showed that., could that be?
will try some weighton the left wing.
r.marijnissen is offline Find More Posts by r.marijnissen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:08 PM
It's gone...
_OZ_'s Avatar
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,105 Posts
r.marijnissen,

Try trimming your plane as outlined in the link below.

Goldsmith Trimming

One wing could be heavier or the surfaces may not travel evenly. The guide will help you determine which one it is.

What country are you in?
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:58 AM
Addicted
Parakos's Avatar
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
I would think that motor has plenty of oomph and 8s is more than enough.

How did you hook up the batteries, in parallel or series?

Parallel would give you an 8000mah 4 cell (14.8V)
Series would give you a 4000mah 8 cell (29.6V)
The batteries are in series, if you look closely at the pic showing the battery tray you can just barely see the harness. I hooked everything up like instructed in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=bec

I did som calculations and the RPM should be around 7500rpm which as you say should be enough. Beginning to suspect that the endpoints are not set up right in the ESC. Only seting I have changed in the ESC is to fixed endpoints. Mayby I'm missing some other setting?
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:55 AM
Registered User
mbritt's Avatar
USA, IN, Fishers
Joined Jul 2007
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.marijnissen View Post
Question plane flys good. Only if i fly over and pull up hard my plane gos to the right.? So if i fly loops it gos to the right. If i fly straight it flys straight.


Tought mebe my elevator are not going up the sameway.
So i trimmet my right elevator some down, but stil i thit go some right so it is not the elevator i think. because if elevator right is down more plane should go more left.

I thit hang my plane on 2 lines to see if it is the same weight on both wings. how you say that in english..
Thit looks it whas oke.

Now i think my right wing is more heavy even my first test thit not showed that., could that be?
will try some weighton the left wing.
Sounds to me like you have one of the elevator halves not traveling the same distance. I had this when I first built mine and that was the cause. But check the Goldsmith manual. The right tests will be in there.
mbritt is offline Find More Posts by mbritt
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:59 AM
Registered User
mbritt's Avatar
USA, IN, Fishers
Joined Jul 2007
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parakos View Post
The batteries are in series, if you look closely at the pic showing the battery tray you can just barely see the harness. I hooked everything up like instructed in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=bec

I did som calculations and the RPM should be around 7500rpm which as you say should be enough. Beginning to suspect that the endpoints are not set up right in the ESC. Only seting I have changed in the ESC is to fixed endpoints. Mayby I'm missing some other setting?
Also do you have your BEC on the Low side? You dont want to be hooked into the high negative as this can create a short with the internal BEC. I did this once and smoke rolled out of the ESC . See my diagram on
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1312
mbritt is offline Find More Posts by mbritt
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:15 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
I would think that motor has plenty of oomph and 8s is more than enough.

How did you hook up the batteries, in parallel or series?

Parallel would give you an 8000mah 4 cell (14.8V)
Series would give you a 4000mah 8 cell (29.6V)

I got some series connectors for sale.
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:02 AM
Addicted
Parakos's Avatar
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbritt View Post
Also do you have your BEC on the Low side? You dont want to be hooked into the high negative as this can create a short with the internal BEC. I did this once and smoke rolled out of the ESC . See my diagram on
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1312
Yes, it's on the low side. I have done 4 flights with it and so far no smoke But a smoke pump would have been nice though

Edit:
Also checked my endpoints they appear to be setup correctly.

Right now I have 50g of lead in the aft of the plane under the horizontal stab to make it balance correctly. Could this be the cause why the back of the plane feels so "sluggish"? The motor is very heavy with it's 570g, hence the extra lead...
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Last edited by Parakos; Jun 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:53 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2005
84 Posts
Parakos:
Nice setup!
How long is the standoffs for the motor ?
Have you bought it from AP ? (thinking of which version on the motorbox they have)

/Micke
mce73 is offline Find More Posts by mce73
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:10 AM
Addicted
Parakos's Avatar
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mce73 View Post
Parakos:
Nice setup!
How long is the standoffs for the motor ?
Have you bought it from AP ? (thinking of which version on the motorbox they have)

/Micke
Thanks Micke!

The standoffs need to be 85mm for that motor and yes, it's bought from AP.

I have just mounted a Turnigy G110 295kv motor which I found collecting dust in the work shop and a 20x10" prop which I'm going to test.

Edit: The G110 is about ~530g compared to the Emax which actually weighs ~630g with the the propshaft mounted. A 100g weight reduction in the nose section should do a huge difference. This also resulted in that I could get rid of the 50g of lead I had in the aft of the plane! So in total a 150g weight reduction!!

/Johan
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Last edited by Parakos; Jul 05, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Voula
Joined Jun 2007
15 Posts
Ultrcote codes

Hi,

Could anybody give me the Ultrcote codes of the Extra 70" Yellow/Red/Blue scheme?

Thanks/Panos
diomar is offline Find More Posts by diomar
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:20 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2005
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parakos View Post
Thanks Micke!

The standoffs need to be 85mm for that motor and yes, it's bought from AP.

I have just mounted a Turnigy G110 295kv motor which I found collecting dust in the work shop and a 20x10" prop which I'm going to test.

Edit: The G110 is about ~530g compared to the Emax which actually weighs ~630g with the the propshaft mounted. A 100g weight reduction in the nose section should do a huge difference. This also resulted in that I could get rid of the 50g of lead I had in the aft of the plane! So in total a 150g weight reduction!!

/Johan
Ok thx.

This HK motor seems to be a good match running 6S.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23521

I am wondering if the Hacker A60-6XS V2 28-Pole is worth 5x more.

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&t=3&c=32&p=32
mce73 is offline Find More Posts by mce73
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 8570 Yesterday 10:23 PM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 400 Jun 04, 2014 10:18 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP!?!?!? Safety Hawk 3D Flying 104 Sep 10, 2012 11:33 AM
Sold NEW IN BOX Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP ARF 48" red - will ship xraydoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jan 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM