HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by darook, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Apr 2006
471 Posts
Discussion
Red Baron Foamy!

My foamy depron Fokker. Scaled up by about 30% I think from RCME magazine (UK). pics taken by my good friend Mr Scott "Strafer".
darook is offline Find More Posts by darook
Last edited by darook; Jun 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:15 PM
Joined Apr 2006
471 Posts
ME 110BF Build

I have been wanting to build a 110 for ages and finally spent a good few hours in Sketchup to learn and started off with this beast. It was daunting and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew (at this stage) but I will try to get her airborne and take it from there! This is how one learns, not?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
Joined Apr 2006
471 Posts
A few weeks ago I found a local guy that is pretty passionate about his aeromodelling and I am sure he has a good few million invested in laser cutters, 4-axis foam cutter, cnc mill, lathes etc etc. He originally was doing prosthetics but now has opened fulltime service for lasercutting, milling etc etc. His website can be found at www.thehobbybug.com.

You can see the ply parts he cut for me. I think the ones near the tail are too thin but I am sure its nothing a carbon rod or two will not be able to sort out.