HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:38 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
I changed the main shaft and flybar and trimmed my proto max to the best hands free hover yet.
It however has a slight twitch/shake in hover and still shakes during slow forward flight.
I have heard about a Gyro adjustment and wonder if that will correct this issue?
Check the Solo Pro FAQ on top of this subforum, EPA adjustment. That also covers the gyro adjust.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:01 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Check the Solo Pro FAQ on top of this subforum, EPA adjustment. That also covers the gyro adjust.
EPA or sub trim? the Faq seems to indicate sub trim mode using the Throttle trim adjusts the Gyro but no other details.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:01 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,591 Posts
Quote:
EPA or sub trim? the Faq seems to indicate sub trim mode using the Throttle trim adjusts the Gyro but no other details.
You enter EPA mode by getting into subtrim mode first. You just don't alter anything in sub trim mode but go straight through to EPA mode by removing and re-inserting the battery. Then the trim buttons control the servo endpoints, and gyro. I will have a look at it later this day, to see if there are some things that could be put more clear.

Edit: Updated the FAQ to make the part where EPA is explained more clear.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 12, 2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:30 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
You enter EPA mode by getting into subtrim mode first. You just don't alter anything in sub trim mode but go straight through to EPA mode by removing and re-inserting the battery. Then the trim buttons control the servo endpoints, and gyro. I will have a look at it later this day, to see if there are some things that could be put more clear.

Edit: Updated the FAQ to make the part where EPA is explained more clear.
Thanks solo
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:23 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
My ProtoMax arrived today I had a chance to look it over before my wife wrapped it up for Christmas,I did however install the battery's and bound the heli to the transmitterto make sure everything is in working condition, I throttled up and it started slidingto the left so I shut it off and I will learn more aboit it Christmas. I Cant wait to get at it so I can fly it. anyway I did not get the deluxe kit so I will need to purchase a charger but the heli and transmitter did come in a very nice box for storage when it is not in use
The Revell Proto Max Ultra Micro 4 CH is definitely Hobby quality IMO
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:36 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan View Post
My ProtoMax arrived today I had a chance to look it over before my wife wrapped it up for Christmas,I did however install the battery's and bound the heli to the transmitterto make sure everything is in working condition, I throttled up and it started slidingto the left so I shut it off and I will learn more aboit it Christmas. I Cant wait to get at it so I can fly it. anyway I did not get the deluxe kit so I will need to purchase a charger but the heli and transmitter did come in a very nice box for storage when it is not in use
The Revell Proto Max Ultra Micro 4 CH is definitely Hobby quality IMO
$8.68 plus $2.99 shipping
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11021
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:04 AM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,968 Posts
I sent my little heli back to Revell yesterday so we'll see how long it takes to get it fixed and if it will cost me. At least I won't have to scrap it out. At worst, I should have it back by spring. I haven't tried to fly it outside. Its certainly too cold to go outside now anyhow. It is 6 degrees out there this morning! RCNutt
rcnutt is offline Find More Posts by rcnutt
Old Dec 15, 2010, 06:23 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Quote:
I ordered one off Ebay for 16.95 shipped that has the right type of plug.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:42 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan View Post
I ordered one off Ebay for 16.95 shipped that has the right type of plug.
That's a decent price, the LHS charges 30 dollar for it here...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:31 AM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Here is the link
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:00 PM
kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
624 Posts
does anyone have a charge plug for these or has anyone made one?

Bob
bob s is offline Find More Posts by bob s
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:14 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob s View Post
does anyone have a charge plug for these or has anyone made one?

Bob
You mean so you can charge the NE batteries on a regular charger? You could use a set of spare skids and cut the battery holder off, to use it as charge plug.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:57 PM
kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
624 Posts
Yea that's what I was talking about. I don't have the helecopter yet so when I get it I'll see if I can figure somthing out. Thanks for the reply.

Bob
bob s is offline Find More Posts by bob s
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:54 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
I think using a standard charger will probably overcharge the battery, looks like it would be more trouble than what it is worth
I just bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on the charger adapter for the tiny lipos.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:24 PM
Don't tase me Bro!
O'Fallon, MO
Joined Dec 2007
81 Posts
Cuts out on trottle up

I checked the FAQ and could not find a specific answer to this so I'll throw it out there. This afternoon I flew the MAX and all was fine. I got home, topped of the batt and after a few hours decided to fly again. It will not take off. When I plug the batt in the blue light comes on, then blinks then goes solid. I throttle up and all is well then it just shuts off. On throttle up the green and blue lights flash but it just stops and the lights go out when it stops. Wait a second and the light comes back on, flashes and is ready to go again. I rechaqrged the batt, no change. I bound it again, no change. I changed receiver batts, no change. It acts completely normal up until it just stops. I do not have another batt to try but I wonder if the batt is messed up. Any suggestions? Thanks
Bill
WDMelvin is offline Find More Posts by WDMelvin